Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
So I tried the Tropical Pepper Co Ghost Pepper sauce and I really like it. Took some time to adjust to the heat but now it's feeling just right. I got a bottle of Dave's Ghost Pepper Sauce and it's a lot hotter but I'm assuming that's mainly because hot pepper extract is an added ingredient. I'm not crazy about that. I'm sure I can build up a tolerance but it doesn't seem worthwhile to me when the heat doesn't come directly from the pepper. It feels more like building up a tolerance to pepper spray than to a hot sauce.

I'm wondering if anybody has any recommendations for hot sauces around this heat level or hotter that don't add hot pepper extract? Main uses for me are on pizza and soups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Tabasco is the best Louisiana style sauce.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

iospace posted:

See Dave's Ghost Sauce.

Has extract.

gently caress that.

Yeah, go with Tropical Pepper Co Ghost Pepper Sauce. It's delicious, hot as hell, extract free, and available in some grocery stores even.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Fermented Louisiana Hot Sauce. Fermented Pepper Mash. Crushed Peppers. (Fermented).

This is from my garden hot peppers which were jalapenos, cayenne, and habanero. And then also some store bought peppers to get the bulk for the recipes because I'm not growing a frigging farm here. Orange color is because the habs produce the most, because they always do, lol. Peppers fermented for a month and a half.

The fermentation does seem to do something to the heat. Makes it more subtle and savory which lends itself favorably to the pickled flavor you get from the fermentation.