Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

QuarkMartial posted:

I know it isn't hot sauce, but anyone have recommendations for hot mustard?

I'd like to find some good Asian style as well as a more German(?) style. I guess that's the way to describe it. I like Chinese hot mustard and the sort of spicy brown mustard you would put on a hot dog or bratwurst. I don't think those are the same thing though; maybe they are.

Colemans english mustard.

If you're used to American yellow mustards or German brown ones, this will do a number on you. It's delicious but there's a reason it comes in smaller bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

King Kool posted:

My brother was absolutely repulsed by the Colman's Mustard I tried. He said it was just about the worst thing he's ever tasted.

I wasn't really fond of it either, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. It's not something I would buy for myself for regular use.

Put it on sausage sandwiches :britain:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jose posted:

anyone make their own mustard? seems like it should be easy enough

You can buy Colemans mustard powder in the UK at least, to make your own sinus destroying blends.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

e:f/b

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jmcrofts posted:

This is my current fav sauce:

Not really as hot as the label would lead you to believe, but VERY flavorful and delicious. I think some grocery stores carry it now, or if you're lucky enough to live close to a Nando's restaurant they'll sell it to you there.

It's really really medium heat. Can't say I liked it that much, but not much of a Nandos fan anyway.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Seconding the recommend for Grace scotch bonnet sauce. It's hot as balls in a nice, really tasty way that comes from just a tonne of good peppers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

knox_harrington posted:

Great thread. For any UK goons reading I 100% recommend Dalston Chillies Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce. Pretty hot but absolutely delicious so you get that conflict between wanting to put more on while fighting your mouth on fire.

link to shop

This is a table sauce in the Brewdog chain of pubs and it's real good