Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Burn baby burn hot sauce. Not only is it delicious, it also supports a cause we can all get behind: the Black Panther Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

I came here to post these guys. Really, really good. Their salsa verde is a fantastic salsa verde, it really hits all the notes I want. Their extra spicey adds a bit of a kick but is mild enough for my wife. I spice it up with some Dave's Insanity.

Their extra spicey with Dave's Insanity on Lamb is unbelievably good. Just sublime.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Stupid question, but did you use deiodized "pickling" salt? Did you remove the chlorine/chloramine from your water? Where are you getting your peppers from? There should be enough environmental lacto but next time consider adding some young ginger or cabbage since those guys are sick with lacto.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I thought the phaal at Bricklane curry house was very good. I used to get that for lunch/dinner.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Black or green means it might be aspergillus, which can be very, very bad. Or used to make sake and soy sauce. But better to err on the side of caution. White mold can be a bunch of things but is most likely a filamentous yeast, which is fine.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
How is total insanity? I love insanity and use it as my go-to hot sauce.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
For me, personally, I don't much care for the taste of vinegar. Ultra hot sauces let me add a really wonderful kick to my soup and rice dishes without having to deal with that. Since it is more concentrated, you can use a lot less to get you where you are going. You can basically ignore the flavor profile and just add "heat".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Squashy Nipples posted:

People don't seem to believe me when I tell them this, but I've spent a lifetime eating hot food, and I've never once had that problem.

Can I ask how old you are? I never had that problem until I turned 32. Then it started to hit me like a freight train out of nowhere. I blame Beijing. Something . . . happened there. And it forever changed my bowels.