Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
For sauces that are hot, but not just focusing on the pepper, I've recently really enjoyed Basic Foodism's Hottest of the Hot, which has some onion, mustard, and turmeric as well. It's got a distinct mustard taste, and is good on sandwiches. Ol' Gringo's Trailboss Habanero has a really distinct black pepper flavor to it that I really enjoy on fries and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It's not particularly spicy, but my favorite mustard is Ba Tampte. It's just so purely mustard-y. It's just exactly what I want when I reach for mustard.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RisqueBarber posted:

What's everyone's favorite hot sauce for wings? I'm grilling some next weekend and want to try something new.

While it's not as hot or unique as some of these, Valentina goes well in wing sauces.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Potential BFF posted:

I wasn't really blown away by Secret Aardvark either. It's not bad but something about it just isn't doing it for me. Maybe it's because I bought it along with El Yucateco kutbi-ik and Yellowbird serrano which are both wonderful.

Had the Jalaleno Yellowbird here recently, and that's just a real nice sauce. I'd love to try more of their stuff.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

I was going to pick some of this up today and it should be illegal to call this guacamole, avocado is like the 5th ingredient on the list :spergin:

Yeah, it's not really like guacamole. It's real close to the spicy creamy green salsa that a lot of taquerias around me have. It's not as spicy some, but it's a pretty good approximation for home use.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

wormil posted:

Also anyone who hasn't tried fermenting their own sauce should give it a go. My homemade hot sauce lights up my brain like nothing I've ever had from a store, I think it's the umami.

I started my first batch this week and I'm hype. It's a mix of random peppers from the farmers market. Some cayenne, hungarian wax, weird purple ones, some that may be aji amarillo, and red jalapeno.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I like the Goya range. The red with pepper and green with cumin are both good. I'm sorta searching for the bitter orange one locally, without much luck yet. I've no reason to doubt any of the others would be good. Their Sazonador Total is good with less salt overall, so it's easier to use in addition to other seasoning.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Doom Rooster posted:

Got a link to it? I'm not seeing it in the recent videos on the ATK channel.

Also, holy poo poo, 10-20 bird chiles for 1/2 cup oil. That's gonna be... Spicier than I would have expected for ATK...

That really depends on where those 4 quarts of water go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Though not that spicy, manzano's are super tasty as well.