Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Posted this in general questions, but no answer really.

I've just bottled some Louisiana style hot sauce I've had aging for two years now. I'm afraid some light got to it, which resulted in the color being not as bright red as I'd like - more of a brownish red like old Tapatio. The sauce tastes good, but it has a distinctly ketchupy smell to it that I wasn't expecting. I'm unsure if this is due to the light damage doing something to the pepper oils (kind of like skunking in beer), or if there was some sort of fermentation that happened, or if it was because I used a different variety of peppers than I normally do. Does anyone have any thoughts? The recipe was a mixture of red jalapenos, thai bird chiles, fresno chiles, and tobasco chiles, rough chopped and boiled in salty vinegar for 5 minutes or so, then put into the jar and forgotten about until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Iodine solution

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

This poo poo fuckinnnnn OWNS

Is that like Nando's the piri-piri chicken place?