Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

Cholula and Hoy Fong's Sriracha.

Ranter fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2014 around 00:08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

A Jupiter posted:

Lao Gan Ma

Is this fairly common and I'll find it at a bay area asian grocer?

sharkattack posted:

That sriracha (or homemade) is my go-to in most instances

There was a GWS thread recently with people making their own sriracha.

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

Bought some Valentina today. It's pretty good and cheap.

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

Finally got my hands on some Grumpy Lady chinese chili in oil. Tastes like rear end. Am I just meant to eat the oil, or the dried hard bits of chili as well?

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

xergm posted:

How is it?

Hot, smoky and very good.

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

Likely delicious.

I don't know, sorry. They're too short/stubby for Thai.

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

I think if you read back through this thread you will find people have made their own. There was also a whole other thread about people making their own sriracha but it may be in archives now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

Hot horseradish is my second favorite part of going to oldschool prime rib joints.