Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

What are some other good hot sauces that have a thick consistency like sriracha does? I end up putting sriracha on tons of stuff mostly because it won't drip off things like sandwiches or pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Fantastic recommendations all around. Thanks so much.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Decided to try a Yellow Bird sampler based on the recommendations last week.

Blue Agave Sriracha doesn't taste much like ol' rooster sauce sriracha. Much sweeter than I expected. Not sure if I like that. Might be good on something thai-adjacent though.

Serrano tastes the most like actual peppers. I think I like this one the best.

Habanero tastes nice for about a second but then the heat gets to be too much for me.

They're all nice and thick like I like and they were all different and new so I'm glad I tried them. Might try Secret Aardvark next once I whittle these down.

Democratic Pirate posted:

I’m happy to have a good selection of yellowbird in my grocery store, though I don’t understand why they have it in the condiment section when there’s a dedicated hot sauce shelf an aisle over.

I wonder if it's because most of them literally say "condiment" on the label.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Jhet posted:

The Habanero one tastes really good, but it's a bit mild for me (sorry McCracAttack, it's hot enough for everyone else in my house at least).

I do actually like hotter stuff. The problem is I've built up a negative association with what happens about 6 to 8 hours later.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

Decided to try a Yellow Bird sampler based on the recommendations last week.

Blue Agave Sriracha doesn't taste much like ol' rooster sauce sriracha. Much sweeter than I expected. Not sure if I like that. Might be good on something thai-adjacent though.

Okay, I found something I like the blue agave sriracha on but y'all are gonna laugh. It's really good on peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

mischief posted:

This is why God has turned his back on us.

Good. I don't want that pervert watching me eat anyway.