Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Put the status of the original Mountain in the OP since people ask every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

But what about the second mountain???

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 1, 2014

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The sad thing is that all these no content quote posts are still better form than where these threads inevitably degrade to.

It's still comparing a healthy log of poo poo to the spew of diarrhea, but still.

I wouldn't mind them breaking the fourth wall this one time to have s1 Mountain come riding in to the arena yelling "I have returned!" and then fighting this Mickey Mouse Club s3 Mountain to the death before getting into the Viper fight.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
I like the OPs even though I have read the books and know about all the poo poo in them.

Brian Moser
Mar 11, 2012
Quoting that is hilarious, hahahha get it because it's so long
hahah keep quoting oh my god it never gets old.

Because it's SO LONG you see.

That makes it funny.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Svanja posted:

Nice OPs, Ballz! Thanks for taking the time to keep it going.

Same, it's nice to see a good effort OP.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kurtofan posted:

Same, it's nice to see a good effort OP.

Well it's obviously quite popular.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Are they ever gonna tell us what happened to Benji stark?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

sforzacio posted:

Depends on whether it's important enough to keep in, or if the showmakers are able to just let it drop so they can focus on other events.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey, don't spam the thread anymore guys. Thanks.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Hey, don't spam the thread anymore guys. Thanks.

So good to see you back!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Svanja posted:

So good to see you back!

I haven't even left yet. I've got 12 more days before I ride off into the sunset. Not that I'm counting or anything.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My cable and Internet are out and I can't get anyone in until tomorrow at the earliest :negative: Have fun guys.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Deadpool posted:

I haven't even left yet. I've got 12 more days before I ride off into the sunset. Not that I'm counting or anything.

As long as you get to stay for at least another GoT thread.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Timett posted:

I'm trying to think of a compromise not that it's my place to do so... Would putting each house behind a spoiler tag shorten it up while retaining the information or would that just turn the whole post into a big black wall that's as long as ever.
What we have now is the compromise. They kept the OP, got rid of the polls. The polls were annoying to people because they were on every page, so now they're gone. If you don't like the OP, don't go to the first page. Wait until Sunday morning to post when it'll onto the second page.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
True enough. True enough. I actually don't mind the OP as it is but I hate people complaining about it all the time so I figured I'd see if I could some up with something.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

quote:

Great poster, but you really should've included the one most relevant badass piece of ASOIAF fan art in this OP.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Hey I made a thing:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

KinkyJohn posted:

Hey I made a thing:

It looks like a spear! That's great.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
thread redeeming pics

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

Man, I want Gregor to actually look like that. Like a meaner, angrier, psychotic Adam Baldwin.

Ouzo On Ice
Jun 21, 2005

GenoCanSing posted:

Man, I am NOT loving this new actor for Gregor. He's supposed to be The Hound's OLDER brother. The hound looks 45-50. Conan from s1 was great. He seemed a true psychopath, worthy of all the hosed up stories. The guy from season 2 at least looked the part, even if he barely spoke. This dude looks 25, because he IS 25. He doesn't have the right 'feel' for it. He's the most babyfaced 6'9 bearded man I've ever seen, strongest man in Iceland or not.

Well at least they didn't get a pro wrestler I suppose.

Come on, Big Show would make an awesome Mountain. He just has to glare and smash things in a blind rage. It's not like the character is going to start waxing poetic at this point.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Ouzo On Ice posted:

Come on, Big Show would make an awesome Mountain. He just has to glare and smash things in a blind rage. It's not like the character is going to start waxing poetic at this point.

That guy looks just as soft as current mountain. And a huge part of acting is body language and how you carry yourself and not just "waxing poetic".

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Midnight City posted:

I can put my mouse on free scroll and do a hard downward scroll and the poo poo still won't finish all the way through the OP now.

jesus christ, are you ok bro?

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

sforzacio posted:

The fascination/fixation over Benjen and Syrio is amusing, as if they were hugely important to anything.

Midnight City posted:

Because the poo poo just gets longer and longer each season. I can put my mouse on free scroll and do a hard downward scroll and the poo poo still won't finish all the way through the OP now.
:rip: Scroll wheel. :rip:

Clicking + holding LMB on the scrollbar is hard.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

bUm posted:

The fascination/fixation over Benjen and Syrio is amusing, as if they were hugely important to anything.

:rip: Scroll wheel. :rip:

Clicking + holding LMB on the scrollbar is hard.

pressing the space bar a few times. mouse scrolling? is this the dark ages?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

End key or GTFO :smugdog:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't think you guys understand how frickin' valuable a goon's time on TVIV is. Those are vital seconds.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you can watch a show with all that bullshit in it you can scroll through an OP with it in it.

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Deadpool posted:

If you can watch a show with all that bullshit in it you can scroll through an OP with it in it.

Every complaint from here on should be simply answered with this quote.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
haha Damon loving Lindelof is the writer of The Leftovers. Im sure itll have a satisfying conclusion to its mystery

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
These commercials for the movie with James Gandolfini keep making me sad. :(

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

haha Damon loving Lindelof is the writer of The Leftovers. Im sure itll have a satisfying conclusion to its mystery

Not sure if you just saw the preview where he said "I hope people stop looking into the mystery and worry about that characters". That's a GREAT SIGN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Brock Samson posted:

Not sure if you just saw the preview where he said "I hope people stop looking into the mystery and worry about that characters". That's a GREAT SIGN

Yeah, I have to admit that my interest level in that show plummeted once I heard him say that.

• Locked thread