Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I still cannot stop that scene playing in my head. It really had me hosed up last night and I'm not one to be squeamish. I was reading the GBS thread about OSHA and saw some really horrific things, but that whole scene was somehow worse than that and it was fictional. I suppose it's just that slight glimmer of hope you get when he has the mountain pinned to the ground, and how loving fast it's dashed just because he was caught off balance.

Also the screams. Those loving screams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Oh holy gently caress look at this.

http://instagram.com/p/mVN1fdvAzU/

2 months ago. God drat.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

gently caress. I'm still getting cold sweats from this. God dammit.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

NihilCredo posted:

A question for all the watchers who posted that they felt nauseated, kept their hands over their eyes or had trouble sleeping because of Oberyn's hamburger treatment: what was your reaction to seeing the ironborn mook's tortured, eye-gouged and almost completely flayed corpse earlier in the episode?

We didn't watch his hopes dashed on a rock while he screamed for his life in pain as his body was flayed while he was still alive.

Kind of a huge difference.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Apparently my mom finally tuned in to see what all the fuss was about, and only caught the last ten minutes of last nights episode. A perfect time to jump into the story!

"What the gently caress was THAT?" She called to ask.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I have a hard time seeing Stannis without seeing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaqmBOyNCuE

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

"You're going to lift that?"

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

They could have ganked the Wildling army anytime, though. The White Walkers are waiting for something. The only question is what?

The show to get around to their plot.

Seriously though, they are the most menacing threat to everyone yet somehow they're just being totally glossed over in the narrative. I mean we had that one shot of the King Iceman turning the baby into a white walker, but beyond that pretty much nothing. I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Kasonic posted:

I've been thinking about Oberyn all week. When Robb died that really got me down for a while. I watched him tell off Edmure for being an idiot earlier and it made me feel better :unsmith:

It took me a good day and a half to stop hearing him screaming and seeing the mountains fingers in his eye sockets. gently caress.

On Terra Firma fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 7, 2014

• Locked thread