Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
In order to stay hidden while the king's forces are hunting her, Sansa is masquerading as a bard named Boy Jory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
As soon as the thread clicks over to page 2, which happens very quickly, you'll never see the OP again for rest of the week. It doesn't seem to be something worth debating again every week.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Timett posted:

I'm trying to think of a compromise not that it's my place to do so... Would putting each house behind a spoiler tag shorten it up while retaining the information or would that just turn the whole post into a big black wall that's as long as ever.
What we have now is the compromise. They kept the OP, got rid of the polls. The polls were annoying to people because they were on every page, so now they're gone. If you don't like the OP, don't go to the first page. Wait until Sunday morning to post when it'll onto the second page.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think you guys understand how frickin' valuable a goon's time on TVIV is. Those are vital seconds.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm surprised they added Moat Caitlin to the intro credits, considering they came and left in a couple of scenes.
But they still won't remake The Eyrie.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Woden posted:

If The Mountain does die wtf does that infer, a double KO in trial by combat I mean?
Oberyn is dead now, Tywin's judgement is rendered.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If Oberyn had won, I'm certain that a lot of people would be complaining that Tyrion got out of this predicament the exact way he got out of his last one.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Like I said earlier, if he had lived, it would've just led to complaints that Tyrion got out of this predicament the exact same way he got out of the last one. Now that road is closed to him and his fate is up in the air.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 2, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Though I'd admit the skull crushing was like something out of a totally different show.
At the very least, it's akin to the Hound chopping a guy in half with a single swipe during Blackwater.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Xealot posted:

I'm definitely one of those people who's getting frustrated with the ever-decreasing number of actually heroic characters. Everyone gets the "sometimes evil wins," and "the world is a harsh place" aspects of the story. But the constant repetition of those themes isn't really enriching anything at this point.
drat near everyone I ask who their favorite characters are, whether during Season 1 or now, says some combination of Tyrion, Arya and Danaerys. Sometimes good guys die, but the favorites are still here.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Xenaero posted:

Isn't there only one episode left?

Two.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Isn't season 4 adapted from the second half of book 3?
Not entirely, Season 4 is a mixture of books 3 (latter half), 4, and 5, with a tiny bit of future material sprinkled in.

You might want to PM somebody if you're curious to know details about which storylines are currently from which book.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

a cop posted:

Please explain, for those of us who did not see The Princess Bride.
Oberyn reminds some people of a character in The Princess Bride that has a Spanish accent and says "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die." a lot, and that's the long and short of it. It's nothing, really.

e: beaten

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 2, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

She literally says "I've never met my aunt before," dismissively, right before the reveal.
Okay, but I agree with Blazing Ownager that she's laughing at the dark comedy of how her family members keep dying right before she gets there.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 2, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yeah, that's exactly what I got from it. I don't even think Sansa's necessarily talking about sex when she says she knows what Littlefinger wants. Sure, he wants to bone Sansa, but what he needs is an accomplice. Sansa works well given that she's highborn and that she's trusted without reservation by these other Vale lords. She's perfect, really. Hence her new Sith robes dress.
Yeah, I don't think he wants to have sex with Sansa anymore than he wanted to have sex with Cat. He didn't want sex with Cat, he wanted Cat by his side. Now here's a young super-Cat, and I think he wants her by his side.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Imagine that scene with Ned and Jon. Imagine it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Speleothing posted:

Theon is the guy Reek was pretending to be in order to get the Ironborn to surrender, right?
Yeah, Theon was a character that was around in the early seasons. He's dead now, but Reek was pretending to be him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'd prefer a kraken.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bobo the Red posted:

Also Arya's first kill was a random kid. Kinda harsh to say he deserved it for the crime of being behind her.
To be fair, he grabbed her and wanted to turn her in to the queen.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

So what was up with the pardon letter Barristan Selmy got? They said it had Robert's signature, which means it was (or might have been) the original pardon Jorah got back in Season 1. Did he really keep it around so someone can find it? Or did someone forge Robert's signature?
We saw the prelude to that message being sent earlier in the season. Tywin: "Lord Tyrell, bring me my quill and paper!" "Varys, can your little birds make it into Meereen?"

Don't know why Jorah denied it being a forgery, though, even if the information was legit.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 3, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That's true, I guess he figured he couldn't talk his way out of it completely, and figured she'd forgive him if he came clean.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nah, I'd say Slavers' Bay is a bigger shithole than Westeros. The Free Cities seem cool, but not Slavers' Bay.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

the posted:

Where's this part? I must have missed it.
At Edmure's wedding, before the massacre, people were pretty joyful. It didn't last, but there was joy.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

Death: Came at the king, did not miss. :colbert:
Credit where credit is due. The Lord of Light did that with magic leeches. :colbert:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Joffrey's arc was "be as big a poo poo as possible to everyone until someone finally says 'gently caress it' and kills you".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

I can see them about to be swarmed by the Wildling army, when they realise White Walkers are advancing on the other side of the wall. The Watch opens the tunnel and White Walkers come through and start loving up the Wildlings.
Well, remember that the vast majority of the Wildling army is still on the North side of the Wall. The ones South are just a raiding party, that was originally gonna sneak attack Castle Black before Jon foiled that by getting away and going back.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Was the Hound in the throne room when Littlefinger betrayed Ned Stark?
Yep.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

If anything he might push for a reprieve. Anyway for anyone mad about them killing off Obreyn, at least look at the bright side: This was probably the very best role for his career he could ask for. I suspect you're going to see him in more stuff in the near future with how impressive he was. Apparently he's been really restrained and held back on the other shows he's worked on.
Yeah, I hope Pascal does something awesome after this.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If it causes a net increase, I think it would be because major events like Ned's execution and the Red Wedding cause the show to get increasingly talked about resulting in more people checking it out. And if that's greater than the number of people quitting because their favorite character died, it results in viewership going up every season.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Last Hearth, I believe they said. Bran thought the rest of their journey was too dangerous for the walnut-slayer.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

It's ok, take comfort in the fact that if you're the kind of person who goes on random forums to spoil things for fans of a tv show you probably lead a pretty pathetic life. You may have read spoilers but he has to look himself in the mirror every morning.
I have no idea why people think the spoilers are more fun than horrified surprised reactions and wacky theories. Spoilers are boring.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yes, he used to look longingly at the Iron Throne. He wants it. Littlefinger becoming king would be the ultimate symbol of how he bested all those high lords.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I want a private conversation between Littlefinger and Sansa that begins with "Okay, so how do we destroy House Frey?"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

SoFarGone posted:

My first thought was take them to Jon Snow at the Wall, but that's probably the least safe place in Westeros at the moment.
What if she took them to her home? Maybe her dad's cool like her.

They can pretend to be her new handmaidens, and Brienne can continue Arya's combat training.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 4, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The sacrificial burnings are a problem.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Well I'm sure Joffrey's death was a very unpleasant experience too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Do they still make Mythbusters? Make a fake head and bring Halfthor on to see if he can crush it and what it would look like.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, Alfie said that it didn't happen: http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/554815/20140605/game-thrones-alfie-allen-lily-yara-greyjoy.htm#.U5DCTighFAc

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I love how long they had her just stand there doing nothing while Ramsey is opening the cage. No starting to run, no trying to kill a very vulnerable Ramsey, just standing still staring for ten seconds. Great directing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I just think it was badly done, I don't think you can really rationalize it.

• Locked thread