Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/imgur.com
Someone go feed the hamster :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
Boy George literally looks more like Sansa than Sansa does in that pic.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
We don't need a 5000 word essay every thread, but we do need an essay, as has been proven by people who keep on Not Getting It. 2000 words, maybe? :)

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
(For once) I'm not objecting to book material, but have they actually referred to him as the Viper on the show? Doesn't ring a bell.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
You can quote-pyramid on this site? I thought that got patched out years ago.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

Regy Rusty posted:

Get hosed Sansa haters.
I never hated Sansa. I hated anyone who wrote a character with no agency at all for 37 episodes. She's picking up pace now, but she coulda made fewer appearances along the way. Imagine if Rickon Walnutsbane had been in every episode to date.

No More Heroes posted:

Dolorous Edd actually had some pretty cool lines too!
The last one to die, please turn out the lights :black101:

Toplowtech posted:

GRRM is Orson, the beetles are the characters, Tyrion is the TV watchers.
Then who is the wet nurse?

And who is the mule?

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I am honestly shocked, and obviously some percentage of you people are lying, that anyone could not know what is coming up on this show. We're watching episodes based on a book which is over a decade old, and the sole reason the internet exists is to spoil and troll, so how did anyone not know the result of the fight?
The Moderators :colbert:
I'm very nearly 100% unspoiled on the entire show, start to finish. Never touched a GRRM book in my life. poo poo happens in these episodes and I don't see it coming. It's loving wonderful.

Roland Jones posted:

That's why the whole "Myrcella going to another wherever" thing was important. Sending her on a vacation wouldn't have been big enough to work for Tyrion's plot. The other possibilities were marrying Robyn (I think), and... I forgot, some other person. But, yeah. There's more keeping her gone than Tyrion wanting her out of King's Landing.
The third person was Theon Greyjoy. Varys found the idea about as dubious as we do now.
I still think back to Cersei's recent "Here's a fancy ship, take it to Myrcella for me please" bit and think there's something big going on there. Trojan Ship?

precision posted:

I think it's because Iwen Rhoen is such a good actor. Whenever he's not actually torturing people, it seems like he (and I) forget that he's probably literally the most evil gently caress in the entire show.
Someone help me out here. I know next to nothing about British accents, but do Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton) and Matt Smith (The 11th Doctor) have the same accent? There's a resemblance on more than one level that's REALLY throwing me off, like he's actively aping elements of that Doctor's mannerisms or something.

MeccaPrime posted:

Brienne of Tarth confirmed for the next Star Wars movie
As Chewbacca?

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

Mortabis posted:

Stannis has actually proven to be pretty resourceful and adaptable. He'd be a good king. Stannis/Davos 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

Davos maybe. Sure as hell not Stannis

precision posted:

Awesome option: Gendry, with Arya as head of the Kingsguard :black101:
Awesome endgame option: Queen Shireen Baratheon
Davos Seaworth as Hand and Protector
Arya as pocket murder-genie
Sansa as Master of Whisperers
Salladhor Saan as Master of Comedy Ships
Syrio as Master at Arms
Samwell as Maester
Hot Pie in the kitchens
Gendry at the forge
Drogon as head of the Queensguard :black101:

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Stannis's wife is into open relationships.
Is she? During that scene with Melisandre taking a bath, her repetition of "No act done in service of god can be a sin" sounded like something she was clinging to pretty damned tightly, like it was almost getting away.

Kevyn posted:

You would think someone who can apparently contort her eyebrows all the way to the back of her head would put a little more emotion into her delivery.

For some reason, the term "Mereenese knot" is coming to mind. I'm sure it's nothing.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

Max posted:

Honestly, after next season, there may not be anymore need for two threads.

We didn't build 500 miles of ice walls 700 feet high to keep out book readers. The shitposters are gathering, I've seen them. They're coming for all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
Stepping out of this thread due to too many people not knowing where the line is. Might come back after the season.

But seriously, talking about sacrificing Shireen like it's a done deal? It's possible, but that's not the only thing the red god might want with her. Maybe he just needs another priestess. Melisandre started fairly early, right?

• Locked thread