Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Goddamn it I watched the episode a few hours late and was logging on to make a video of this exact thing and then there it is a few posts in. I think a better shot to start the music on would have been Tyrion's "uh-oh" face close-up though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 3, 2014

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Ned was not the cause of his own death.

Neither were the Lannisters. Go back and watch a lot of Season 1's details.

Ned got manipulated by Littlefinger to his death. Remember that Ned's whole motivation was to uncover a secret Lannister plot to take the throne. The seed was planted by Littlefinger in dialogue. Then it became impossible to ignore with Lysa's letter to Cat. It accused them of poisoning the previous Hand and of trying to put an incest pure-blood Lannister in the line of succession, a letter that was prepared by Littlefinger who himself was the poisoner. Littlefinger gloats over his knowledge of the incest to the Queen. He immediately becomes aware of when Ned follows his lead to the "boring book" about ancestry.

Jamie and Cersei had no such plans about the throne after all, they turn out to be waay too incompetent and disorganized for that. They were just trying to keep Joffrey safe from being found out.

Then the attempted assassination on Bran, done with Littlefinger's knife and blamed by Littlefinger on the Lannisters as a "cover up" of some greater plot. When John Arryn's squire is killed under suspicious circumstances, the Lannisters again catch the blame for drawing the straws as if to cover something up, but there was nothing *for* them to cover up about Jon Arryn because the poison was not theirs.

All this time Cersei and Jamie have no idea why Ned has such a giant bug up his rear end for them. They assume he's trying to play the game with them, and the queen calls him out on it in a chat where she interrogates what his goal even is in King's Landing and where they exchange threats, "I've been trained to kill my enemies," "So have I". In that conversation she realizes that he's being played, but by whom?

They never knew that Ned was just perfectly reasonably acting on planted clues about an eminent danger to his and Robert's life. So they were left to conclude that he was on the attack and ambitious.

Oh yeah and let's not forget the whole :siren: BETRAYAL AT KNIFEPOINT :siren: after personally convincing him to stand up to Joffrey and the Queen when they tried to claim the throne, and subsequently being the guy who arrested him. Dude wanted Ned dead bad.

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 3, 2014

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ironlung posted:

but that doesn't seem likely after Tywin publicly announced Tyrion's execution.

Nah it'd be easy. He could just do like Theon already did with the Stark boys. A fake out. I'm still pissed off from that "sike" moment in the story.

In fact, I'm really sure now that that will happen.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I doubt Baelish played any part in the Red Wedding and killing his beloved Cat since he turned on the Lannisters right after it, going as far as killing Joffrey. That doesn't mean he won't catch any blame for it once Arya bumps into him in a few minutes and remembers who she saw him meeting with last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The White Walker army that we saw at the Season 2 Finale is at least reaching Castle Black by now. Slow, starving / fat Nights' Watch dudes made it back from that exact location a season ago and have done lots of stuff since then. Unless the White Walker army had no direction (which didn't seem to be the case since the leader pointed in one), they couldn't have been moving that much more slowly.

• Locked thread