Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

TrialbyStone posted:

If you were separated due to "poor health" aka PFA failure, would you still be entitled to benefits as long as separation falls under "general"? or is "Honourable" the set in stone mark for these things. I have several overweight E-6 in my class arguing this point to death, and i'm feeling the need to be smug here.

Three-time PFA failures (in a four year period) are separated from the Navy with an Honorable characterization of service. Yes, they are entitled to benefits, and if they served 6 or more years, separation pay as well. If their failures are due to the BCA (weight control) caused by a medical condition, they are still separated, but the DD-214 will annotate that it was due to a medical condition. Otherwise, it'll basically say U FAT.

Edit: And if someone did end up with a General, they'd be entitled to nearly everything, including the Post 9/11 GI Bill as long as they had a prior period of honorable service (a previous enlistment). If they're a first termer and get out with a General, they do not get to use the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

DustyNuts fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

MancXVI posted:

Attn VB peeps: come buy some loving art

Surf art, bird art, wave/sand art, boat art, kite art, shell art, kitschy beach community art. Did I miss anything?

I'll still go see it all though. VB is boring.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Hi, I'm from San Diego and have known lots of people stationed in Hawaii. You should pick San Diego.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Posting. Hello everyone. I worked while the forums were down.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Participating in a retirement ceremony tomorrow. Service Dress Blues at the end of June in Virginia Beach? YES PLEASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I joined the Navy when I was 18. My wife and I married when I was 25 and she was 27. It's our 6th anniversary today. We have an awesome (almost) 4 year old. We all have an awesome time, all the time. Marriage rules. Just don't marry a lovely person and you won't have a ton of problems. The things Snowdens Secret mentioned do apply in my case. She hates FRGs, spouse outreach anything, hates going to the NEX (overpriced) and Commissary (lovely food). Having to go to medical sucks too, because some of the civilians are absolute wastes of space, and a lot of the corpsmen are doofy motherfuckers. We stay the hell away from pretty much anything Navy.

Edit: Readability

DustyNuts fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 28, 2014

• Locked thread