Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I like coffee. I brought my electric kettle and aeropress with me on cruise and got regular care packages from my mom with cuban espresso grounds and condensed milk. In addition to that, I drank about a pot a day of the dirt grounds we got issued from supply. My tweak level was constant but my heart rate never rose above 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

tuluk posted:

longtime navy dudes
...barring the movie Mister Roberts(every enlisted guy was a buddyfucker), whats the most accurate to the real navy movie or book you've seen or read?
I starting re-reading Thomas Pynchon's "V", and the US Navy small boat bits in it are so full of bizzare, stupid, inane things that it screams legit US NAVY enlisted experience to me.

The Last Detail is excellent and really captures the enlisted spirit.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

That guy is such a loving tool.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Pepsi-Tan posted:

Any is's's here? I'm doing indoc at IS A school right now

Go to the Boardwalk Art Show this weekend, it's neat.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Attn VB peeps: come buy some loving art

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Christoff posted:

I've never seen NCIS but is it literally just a TV show revolved around NCIS "agents" or w/e they're called chasing down petty officer _______ for raping a chick or dealing drugs out of the barracks? Well I guess they cover the Marine Corps as well but even then with both branches combined there isn't that many people?

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/07/ncis-episode-navy-spice/

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Angry Fish posted:

I keep hearing about unhappy marriages ITT, but let's not forget those of us who have married our best friends. :)

The wife and I are incredibly happy together, and we make one another happy. She works hard at her E.E. job, and I work hardly at all at 9502'ing up et "a."

3 years and counting. The dependapotamus is not the normal relationship in the navy, from my experiences.

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

http://teespring.com/bamfsailor

posted to facebook by a guy who sits at a desk all day

elite ntcss operator

practically a seal

• Locked thread