Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

Just got a call from Corpsman A school, asking why I haven't checked into the barracks. I graduated on Thursday, checked out of the barracks and loaded all of my stuff up into my car, and left for two weeks of leave. And this Cheif demanded that I drive 700 miles back, tonight, because he wanted me to check in and then properly remove myself from the system they make you scan into for liberty, and he wanted me to do it before he got off duty at 7 am. Ignoring the fact that I'm on leave, I'm also at a completely different command, and I don't even live in barracks anymore.

Tell him you're on your way just so you get his hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

tuluk posted:

longtime navy dudes
...barring the movie Mister Roberts(every enlisted guy was a buddyfucker), whats the most accurate to the real navy movie or book you've seen or read?
I starting re-reading Thomas Pynchon's "V", and the US Navy small boat bits in it are so full of bizzare, stupid, inane things that it screams legit US NAVY enlisted experience to me.

Read this.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

krispykremessuck posted:

lmao

bringing discredit to the service from loving space owns

Time to have a new tailhook convention, old school style.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

MancXVI posted:

That guy is such a loving tool.

I never met him, but I do know some of the people that he had problems with and they are pretty bad. DCCM Assface comes to mind.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Arione posted:

Boomers, F'n POGS.

What do you get when HT's work with AG's? A poo poo storm!

Hide with pride!

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

vulturesrow posted:

For those of you who have done time on a ship in the yards, where do the nobles house themselves when they can't use their staterooms? This may or may not be relevant to a set of orders I am looking at.

In 7th Fleet there is a berthing barge converted from some old amphib, the nobles use the old Officer Country on it.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

KetTarma posted:

My detailer got a letter of reprimand for being a piece of poo poo. Made me smile when I found out.

What did he do?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

KetTarma posted:

Constantly misrepresenting everything to everyone. Lying about his numbers to his bosses and lying about billets to sailors.

When did detailers start getting punished for this? Next thing you'll tell me that they are also getting into trouble for giving their friends all of the choice billets.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
You're really living life in the danger zone.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
I pretended to work while the forums were down.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

orange juche posted:

just wanna say lean six sigma is the worst loving thing i have ever seen

The navy really drank the koolaid with this program.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

orange juche posted:

optimizing my keystrokes and minimizing waste shipmate

bz

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

poopkitty posted:

Some officer just got a nasty complaint on his desk. We'll see what happens.

I found your complaint.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Sorry, I'll give her a counseling sheet tomorrow at work.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Somebody go move it to the Marine's thread.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Yard House is pretty good for a bar and grill. Half yard tall beers and something like 60 beers to choose from. Not that I am encouraging you to drink.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
My chief used to get in my poo poo about glorifying booze.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
He was the chief that would yell at me for glorifying drinking, yell at the division for drinking on liberty and then come in at about 0600 from the Honch stinking like booze with red eyes and barely able to stand. :chiefsay:

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
To be honest, I was there for the giant beers. There I go glorifying alcohol again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
I like just about anywhere during happy hour.

• Locked thread