Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Justin Tyme posted:

Those issue Bellevilles are goddamn indestructable, I somehow was one of the only dudes in my entire basic company to get them (everyone else got the lovely ones with the sharp triangular thingy on the sides, Bellevilles have the rounded triangular thingy and "Belleville" printed on the heel) and I used them the entire 3 1/2 years of my enlistment. I liked them so much I bought another pair when I needed to get better/cleaner garrison boots for some parade or some poo poo since they were (relatively) cheap.

I've had my Belleviles for 4 years now and they're just now starting to fall apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Benefits of being a 9.5EE.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

not caring here posted:

All that PT insignia and vests with name tapes for officers and SNCOs is all dumb anyway because it's too dark to read that poo poo at 6 am so if some dick head wants a salute or greeting or dick holding then he better shine a flashlight on his poo poo all loving morning.

Also, for those of you playing along at home with my in garrison LMTV accident , you can add an aortic aneurysm to the loving list because some cock choker can't stay awake while driving a truck full of dudes.

On the plus side my med board started so whoopty loving do.

gently caress you army. You worthless piece of poo poo.

Are you loving kidding me? They only found that out NOW!? Are they gonna fix that poo poo asap, or are you gonna be afraid of getting a full-blown aortic dissection every time you sneeze?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, took them a while to find it, but to their credit, when they did poo poo happened fast. I get a call saying "come down to the TMC, we got some meds for you, oh, and no physical activity. At all. We got a profile for you to pick up that says that, but if anyone wants you to do anything in the mean time, tell them the OIC at the TMC has given you a direct order."

Got referred to an off post cardiologist immediately, which was nice. Got some hi res CT scans, and a surgical eval the same week.

Basically, the aneurysm is stable, for now. It's at 46mm, whereas the rest of my aorta is around 21 - 22mm. You wouldn't think there's that much room for poo poo to just bulge out like that, but apparently there is. They say I've got good genes for my heart plumbing as it's probably not going to get any larger unless I start exerting myself wildly. Meds slow down my heart to it's pre accident rate of just under 60, and sits my blood pressure at about 120 over 70, to take the load off the artery. My heart was getting pretty excited there for a while, I figure because of the aneurysm behaving like a hosed up MAF sensor on a car. It's nice not to have that pounding in your chest 24 hours a day.

Surgeon doesn't want to touch it unless it gets above 55mm, which is pretty loving crazy sounding if you ask me, but the complications associated with cracking your chest open like a boiled crab shell to tinker with your ticker are severe enough that they don't want to touch it until it gets to that size. If it gets to that size.

In the mean time, my permanent med board profile is as long as my arm, and basically says I can walk, in a military uniform, own pace and distance, but not in cat 4 or 5 heat. Only exercise I'm supposed to do is by written approval of my cardiologist. The only thing he approves of is yoga, so I suppose the upside is that I can stare at yoga butts all day if I want to.

Spoke to the wounded warrior people and they say it's disney disability fun bux time. So I suppose there's that.

Obama Africanus posted:

gently caress you, United States Army. You worthless bag of war losing dicks.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Any more of you lucky fucks want to brag about how you're gonna get free money for the rest of your life from the Army for doing nothing? Nice humble brag, bitch.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

not caring here posted:

Yeah, took them a while to find it, but to their credit, when they did poo poo happened fast. I get a call saying "come down to the TMC, we got some meds for you, oh, and no physical activity. At all. We got a profile for you to pick up that says that, but if anyone wants you to do anything in the mean time, tell them the OIC at the TMC has given you a direct order."

Got referred to an off post cardiologist immediately, which was nice. Got some hi res CT scans, and a surgical eval the same week.

Basically, the aneurysm is stable, for now. It's at 46mm, whereas the rest of my aorta is around 21 - 22mm. You wouldn't think there's that much room for poo poo to just bulge out like that, but apparently there is. They say I've got good genes for my heart plumbing as it's probably not going to get any larger unless I start exerting myself wildly. Meds slow down my heart to it's pre accident rate of just under 60, and sits my blood pressure at about 120 over 70, to take the load off the artery. My heart was getting pretty excited there for a while, I figure because of the aneurysm behaving like a hosed up MAF sensor on a car. It's nice not to have that pounding in your chest 24 hours a day.

Surgeon doesn't want to touch it unless it gets above 55mm, which is pretty loving crazy sounding if you ask me, but the complications associated with cracking your chest open like a boiled crab shell to tinker with your ticker are severe enough that they don't want to touch it until it gets to that size. If it gets to that size.

In the mean time, my permanent med board profile is as long as my arm, and basically says I can walk, in a military uniform, own pace and distance, but not in cat 4 or 5 heat. Only exercise I'm supposed to do is by written approval of my cardiologist. The only thing he approves of is yoga, so I suppose the upside is that I can stare at yoga butts all day if I want to.

Spoke to the wounded warrior people and they say it's disney disability fun bux time. So I suppose there's that.

gently caress your profile, son, doctors can't measure HEART*. Now ruck up, pick up that 240 and fall in, we're going on a 20 miler.

*I mean, they can, obviously. But they can't.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

McNally posted:

gently caress your profile, son, doctors can't measure HEART*. Now ruck up, pick up that 240 and fall in, we're going on a 20 miler.

SMA Chandler parachute spotted.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
gently caress this new boot policy. Rocky c4ts are now illegal. What the gently caress. And my flyweights are also illegal to wear. Why the gently caress does it matter to sma chandler

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Anansi The Spider posted:

gently caress this new boot policy. Rocky c4ts are now illegal. What the gently caress. And my flyweights are also illegal to wear. Why the gently caress does it matter to sma chandler

Wait, what boot policy?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wonder what would happen if I wrote Chandler a letter telling him to suck my dick once my discharge papers come.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I wonder what would happen if I wrote Chandler a letter telling him to suck my dick once my discharge papers come.

you waste your time writing a letter that will never be read?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

you waste your time writing a letter that will never be read?

send him a tweet of yo dick :whatup:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

anne frank fanfic posted:

Any more of you lucky fucks want to brag about how you're gonna get free money for the rest of your life from the Army for doing nothing? Nice humble brag, bitch.

I lol'd

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Wait, what boot policy?

No synthetic leather boots, and other reasons. Heres an image.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/20140530-190241.jpg

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Garrison army lame as gently caress.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
the only time the army was ever not lame was when we were shooting browns

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua

My Danners.... :negative:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Suspiciously looks like pretty much all the really comfortable boots you can get.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nobody has given me poo poo about my New Balance OTBs. Also, all of these boots were never in compliance with AR670-1 because of the synthetic leather. Only tools care about something so trivial. Although I've been planning on getting a pair of Rocky S2Vs since New Balance discontinued my favorite boot. Should probably do that soon in case someone actually starts caring about boots and makes me wear my awful issue boots that haven't been worn since BCT.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

HelpImARock3 posted:

My Danners.... :negative:

The Danner Tanicus is advertised as 670-1 compliant. I've got a pair and no one has bitched at me yet.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

The Danner Tanicus is advertised as 670-1 compliant. I've got a pair and no one has bitched at me yet.

Hey.

Ft. Lee is gay.

Can't wait until Friday because gently caress Ft. Lee, gently caress TRADOC, and gently caress Virginia

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua

I've got a pair of Tachyon's that are less than a year old. I'd like another couple years out of them to justify spending however much they were. Hopefully the huge amount of NCO's still wearing Nikes on Ft. Rucker will distract anyone who cares.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

DoktorLoken posted:

Also, all of these boots were never in compliance with AR670-1 because of the synthetic leather. Only tools care about something so trivial.

Are you sure you want to summon the eldritch being that is the green weenie by announcing your defiance like this?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If there ever was an army policy so dumb that it wouldn't be enforced it'd be that, especially on ftx's and whatnot because literally everyone has gofast boots, but then again the army is gay

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25621346/hawaii-based-military-command-under-investigation

The answer to the question of how many Americans can be recovered? Not alot.

And the road that cost that much money is basically gravel. Like what you would find in the COPs/FOBs across Afghanistan that has no paved roads.

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 26, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
First half of my signing bonus dropped into my bank account, literally hours after I had just cash money bought a new car and thought I was loving broke. Not sure whether to be upset that I didn't have that money to spend on a nicer car or glad that I didn't spend that money on a nicer car. Thanks Army!

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

NTT posted:

First half of my signing bonus dropped into my bank account, literally hours after I had just cash money bought a new car and thought I was loving broke. Not sure whether to be upset that I didn't have that money to spend on a nicer car or glad that I didn't spend that money on a nicer car. Thanks Army!

The only answer is to trade it in for a new F350.

GB3Pwood
Sep 13, 2004
Insult Swordfighter

Kaliber posted:

The only answer is to trade it in for a new F350.

2015 Ford Mustang, v6 automatic

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
V6 manual is funnier IMO

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

V6 manual is funnier IMO
Had a guy in my platoon with a '14 V6 manual. :(

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

not caring here posted:

In the mean time, my permanent med board profile is as long as my arm, and basically says I can walk, in a military uniform, own pace and distance, but not in cat 4 or 5 heat. Only exercise I'm supposed to do is by written approval of my cardiologist. The only thing he approves of is yoga, so I suppose the upside is that I can stare at yoga butts all day if I want to. no more orgasming.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
So Ft. Hood just got gayer, III Corps just made pt mando till 0800. Have to wait thru gay poo poo leader puts out before pt release, shower, shave, change, drive to Dfac to wait in line and drive back before the 0850 pre formation hit time. gently caress this post so hard.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

TPSDude posted:

So Ft. Hood just got gayer, III Corps just made pt mando till 0800. Have to wait thru gay poo poo leader puts out before pt release, shower, shave, change, drive to Dfac to wait in line and drive back before the 0850 pre formation hit time. gently caress this post so hard.

Lmao Bragg started doing that right before I left in 2010. PT HAD to be 630-745, work call at 900 aka 845.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Campbell started doing that. We did squad PT and would be done by 715 every day. It owned

Unfortunately once you got back to your room you were pretty much stuck til 0800 but it was nice to shower with hot water.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Hey.

Ft. Lee is gay.

Can't wait until Friday because gently caress Ft. Lee, gently caress TRADOC, and gently caress Virginia

Don't blame Fort Lee for your green weenie problems. As far as TRADOC posts go it isn't bad. The hotel is nice, not that it matters for you. It's close enough that I know officers who commute from Richmond. I thought Richmond was going to be a dump, but it's actually pretty awesome. DC, VA beach, two big theme parks, and you can hit up NYC on a four day. I get off at 1600ish and go home and drink beer. I'm sorry TRADOC treats you like enlisted swine. PS you never took me up on my offer for lunch and my feelings are hurt.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Don't blame Fort Lee for your green weenie problems. As far as TRADOC posts go it isn't bad. The hotel is nice, not that it matters for you. It's close enough that I know officers who commute from Richmond. I thought Richmond was going to be a dump, but it's actually pretty awesome. DC, VA beach, two big theme parks, and you can hit up NYC on a four day. I get off at 1600ish and go home and drink beer. I'm sorry TRADOC treats you like enlisted swine. PS you never took me up on my offer for lunch and my feelings are hurt.

Haha. I should have. I pretty much spent our two days off sleeping all day.

Crazy Legs
Nov 6, 2010
They gave an announcement at SBOLC today asking who wants to be stationed in Kuwait. I was thinking, "Who the gently caress would want to, willingly, be stationed in Kuwait?"
Turns out the answer to that question is, everyone else besides me.

...am I missing out on something over there? The only valid reason I saw was that someone was originally going to Ft. Bragg so he immediately jumped on Kuwait.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Money, easy deployment, away from garrison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cole posted:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Locked thread