Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Then again this is the same company that brought us LAUNCHPAD and touted it as a revolutionary new way to access apps.

Wow I totally forgot that was a thing. Maybe if I organized it, it could be useful... Oh wait, I just realized I can just start typing and open apps that way. poo poo, I really should use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Plorkyeran posted:

Or you could just use spotlight.

That's what I do. I just did not know that launchpad did the same thing.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Vintimus Prime posted:

New Xcode I'm guessing?

If they make Xcode less poo poo, I'll be very happy.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
It's Aero and Vista Sidebar, basically.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
As someone who codes in C# and hates Objective-C (And believe me, I've tried hard to wrap my head around it), I'm glad they are getting rid of some of the insane poo poo it has in it. I'm interested in trying it out.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Already found a bug.

Man, how do they let this stuff out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Diabolik900 posted:

Drastic Actions is a developer, so I'm pretty sure it was just a joke.

Yeah, I was kidding. I mean, it's a Japanese resource string for "Search" being misaligned. Figured it would be obvious I was being sarcastic :v:.

Right now I'm going through the Swift docs and running the sample code to get a feel for how iOS and Mac apps work with the new language. It'll be awhile before I actually write anything useful in it, but I'm picking it up pretty fast.

I love checking out these early builds. Most of the new stuff has not been translated yet (for good reason, it's not done), so you get these interesting clashes of language throughout the UI.

• Locked thread