Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who on the card is the Too Sweetest?
John Cena
Bray Wyatt
Evolution
The Shield
Daniel Bryan
El Torito
AJ Styles
View Results

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mary Annette posted:

Taking avatar text suggestions, folks.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say he's fat, the brother's Samoan, what's he gonna do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sanguinia posted:

Not to get weird, but did anyone else find it great that Brie comes in and says that Steph doesn't own her and she's not going to be a helpless bystander in the decision about her future? That's pretty subtly empowering for this industry.

That was pretty much the high point of the segment for me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

Not to get weird, but did anyone else find it great that Brie comes in and says that Steph doesn't own her and she's not going to be a helpless bystander in the decision about her future? That's pretty subtly empowering for this industry.

It was like the first feminist thing on WWE in... maybe forever.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
LAW is live now: http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/listen/

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Showing the occupy movement as the people on the right side, having Brie advocate for feminism...What has become of my 'rasslin show? :cry:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

As lame as it is, 'good fight, good night' fits pretty well.

Or maybe 'Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio 12: By Popular Demand'

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That was a B+ ppv.

And, as all B+'s do, this one didn't draw any money.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Go away forever, Alicia.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Chokes McGee posted:

Go away forever, Brie.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

And unfortunately we're never going to see much more of it as long as Vince is still alive.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Mary Annette posted:

wett butt pose

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mary Annette posted:

It ain't easy being a Titty Master

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Mary Annette posted:

Science boring... losing consciousness!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Mary Annette posted:

"Meeseeks don't usually exist for this long. It's starting to get weird."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think if there's one problem with the show it really didn't sell tomorrow night's Raw at all. Everything is pretty neatly wrapped, and there's nothing to really anticipate tomorrow because there's no real fallout to be had.

Paige, Sheamus, and Barrett defended their titles successfully, The Rhodes essentially broke up or at least brought it to a head, Cena defeated Wyatt, Brie took the bullet for Bryan who gets to keep his belt, and Shield swept Evolution. It feels like this should've been the Wrestlemania fallout show, like Backlash used to be, but they keep wedging Extreme Rules in there for some reason.

Mary Annette posted:

I'm going to take the mature route here:

"Just a few more inches..."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sticklefifer posted:

I think if there's one problem with the show it really didn't sell tomorrow night's Raw at all. Everything is pretty neatly wrapped, and there's nothing to really anticipate tomorrow because there's no real fallout to be had.

Considering how boring these builds have been that's a good thing. Hopefully they are rolling out new stories for everyone.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Another reminder for myself that someone else needs to make the thread tomorrow, I'm going to Raw.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Yeah, new builds to Summerslam with a stop off at Battleground along the way.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Banjo posted:

I still BOlieve in Evolution :smith:

But Cena won! Wouldn't that override your sadness for Evolution's loss?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

Paige, Sheamus, and Barrett defended their titles successfully, The Rhodes essentially broke up or at least brought it to a head, Cena defeated Wyatt, Brie took the bullet for Bryan who gets to keep his belt, and Shield swept Evolution. It feels like this should've been the Wrestlemania fallout show, like Backlash used to be, but they keep wedging Extreme Rules in there for some reason.

This makes sense though; this was clearly built as a blowoff PPV while ER wasn't, and Shield/Evolution didn't start at Mania.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
After the Shield conference, we watched Taker/Michaels II because I'd never watched it start to finish. Is it possible to view the press conference stuff on WWE Network? Do they put up the post-PPV shows? Ditto for Extreme Rules because I didn't see that press conference either.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Shine posted:

After the Shield conference, we watched Taker/Michaels II because I'd never watched it start to finish. Is it possible to view the press conference stuff on WWE Network? Do they put up the post-PPV shows? Ditto for Extreme Rules because I didn't see that press conference either.

Yep, they're labeled Fallout. They're both up now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shine posted:

Yeah, the post show is already up there.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v33291101

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I'm so glad Bo Dallas was right that the Blackhawks would lose tonight. That makes it 10X funnier.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Carver Crisis posted:

I'm so glad Bo Dallas was right that the Blackhawks would lose tonight. That makes it 10X funnier.

The Blackhawks lost? Haha, at the start of the thread people were talking about how they were dominating.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
I'm just enjoying the mental image of CM Punk crying into his nightcap Pepsi.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Carver Crisis posted:

Wait when did he say this? I must've missed it

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Amy Renee posted:

I'm just enjoying the mental image of CM Punk crying into his nightcap Pepsi.

Punks been pretty amicable about it on twitter.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Roman Reigns posted:

Wait when did he say this? I must've missed it
Before the "match" starts, he gets on the mic and says that the Blackhawks will lose tonight, but that doesn't make the crowd themselves losers. I was half-watching the replay on the network and I laughed way harder than I did when I heard it live.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yep, they're labeled Fallout. They're both up now.

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, the post show is already up there.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v33291101

Sweet, thanks!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Carver Crisis posted:

Before the "match" starts, he gets on the mic and says that the Blackhawks will lose tonight, but that doesn't make the crowd themselves losers. I was half-watching the replay on the network and I laughed way harder than I did when I heard it live.

I'm guessing he was also grinning the whole time too?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Soon the Tittymaster will break away from his current team, then you believe in T.I.T.T.Y.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Just started watching the PPV and no pyro intro? Was it that bad?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

armoredgorilla posted:

"Meeseeks don't usually exist for this long. It's starting to get weird."
Yeah this guy wins btw :golfclap:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Your Friend posted:

Just started watching the PPV and no pyro intro? Was it that bad?

PPV was actually soild, there wasn't a bad match on the card and you've got a treat in Cena/Bray. Personally still thought Takeover was better, but only by a small margin.

I actually fell asleep just as Shield/Evolution began, is it worth watching? Plus post show stuff I guess.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 2, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There was actually some pretty good stuff on the post-show. The little press conference things they do are ripe for absurdist comedy.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Hi everyone sorry to be that rude person after every PPV but would someone mind summarizing the PPV for me? I missed it completely. I would also appreciate not getting the "skip it" reply. Thank you, friends!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Atticus Finch posted:

Hi everyone sorry to be that rude person after every PPV but would someone mind summarizing the PPV for me? I missed it completely. I would also appreciate not getting the "skip it" reply. Thank you, friends!

Really good, watch Cena/Wyatt and Shield/Evolution ASAP, the ending of Kofi/Bo, and Sheamus/Cesaro. And the Bryan/Brie/Stephanie segment.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Atticus Finch posted:

Very much worth watching. Every match was at least decent and several were good. One of the better top-to-bottom PPVs I've seen in the last year, though no truly "must see, tell your friends" matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mary Annette posted:

All I can think of when I see it

• Locked thread