Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
On the Rogan podcast today TJ said he is completely confident he could make 125 and would love to one day have a superfight with DJ.

Pwny_Xpress fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Pwny_Xpress posted:

On the podcast today TJ said he is completely confident he could make 125 and would love to one day have a superfight with DJ.

Considering he made 135 three times in six weeks on TUF, I wouldn't doubt it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
*Vitors breath grows heavier and heavier as Kenny Florian's commentary continues into it's 23rd minute of nothing but footwork praise*

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Philippians 4:13 must be one of those verses about pacifism.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man, the UFC is so fed up with Jones that they're publicly shaming him into signing a bout agreement. That's uh, pretty bad.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

attackmole posted:

Man, the UFC is so fed up with Jones that they're publicly shaming him into signing a bout agreement. That's uh, pretty bad.

It must suck going from dealing with people like Cowboy or Chael who will fight anyone, any time to dealing with a dumb whiny turd

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I bet this is Boney Jones' idea of what a heel does.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I bet this is Boney Jones' idea of what a heel does.

If he's gonna keep up this idea of heeling he needs to learn what X-Pac Heat is

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

attackmole posted:

It is reminiscent of Anderson Silva post-Demian Maia.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Always side with labor over capital.

Just kidding Jon Jones sucks.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Always side with labor over capital.

Just kidding Jon Jones sucks.

I actually would have no problem with Jones holding the UFC up for more money, but he's still on a specific contract and is gonna make essentially the same amount for either dude; he's just being bitchy about who gets the honor of fighting him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yuriy posted:

It must suck going from dealing with people like Cowboy or Chael who will fight anyone, any time to dealing with a dumb whiny turd

Especially when the dumb whiny turd is a champ, and not one of the people who actually doesn't care who they fight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
A little preemptive, but:

UFC 174 - Ov Mighty Mice and Tiny Men

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Hmm, poke a short fat black guy in the eyes for 5 rounds or get my rear end whooped again?

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.
I can't wait for somebody to beat this man. Gus, DC, Cain at Cowboys Stadium, Weidman at MSG, just get it done.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I actually would have no problem with Jones holding the UFC up for more money, but he's still on a specific contract and is gonna make essentially the same amount for either dude; he's just being bitchy about who gets the honor of fighting him.

Yeah it's kind of annoying. He's a badass in the cage and he deserves all the money he can get but goddamn if he just signed to fight Gus with the promise of dc next he'd be on the cusp cementing his place as one of the top three or four of all time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

I wouldn't either because if his past history of savvy business moves is anything to go by he'll end up making 8/8. Jon Jones has a knack for costing himself money.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hes protecting his legacy by becoming known for ducking people and delaying fights

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Strip the belt from him, Gus vs DC for it. Tell Jones he has to fight Cain at HW or he's cut. Everyone goes home happy.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Well, except Jon.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
what's the background on this Malky Kawaii character and how'd he end up being a Jon Jones Dingus Behavior Enabler

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

maffew buildings posted:

what's the background on this Malky Kawaii character and how'd he end up being a Jon Jones Dingus Behavior Enabler

He represents fighting Christians Jones and Bendo, therefore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPWnsQsUxNo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I'm working on a thing where I talk about all the Dagestani fighters.

I've got Volk Han and Rustam Khabilov (Because he's got a fight this weekend)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639810

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm working on a thing where I talk about all the Dagestani fighters.

I've got Volk Han and Rustam Khabilov (Because he's got a fight this weekend)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639810

I don't want to ruin your thread by posting in the middle of presumably your intro posts, so I'll post here instead.

LobsterMobster posted:

Rustam "Tiger" Khabilov

UFC Lightweight
17-1, 3-0 UFC
Team: Jackson-Winklejohn
Twitter: @RustamTheTiger
Instagram: Rustam_Khabilov

Rustam "Hobby Lobby" Khabilov is a former combat sambo world champion and an actual suplex machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yrk5G6M9R0

Of course, that wasn't the first time that Khabilov destroyed someone via suplex. Early in his career, Rustam beat Akin Duran by overhead belly-to-belly suplex a blistering 0:28.

That landing on that suplex is really nasty looking. Holy poo poo.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Scott808 posted:

I don't want to ruin your thread by posting in the middle of presumably your intro posts, so I'll post here instead.

That landing on that suplex is really nasty looking. Holy poo poo.

Nah, I'll get to the other dudes piecemeal as they come up (Ali Baga is up next, at some point!)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LobsterMobster posted:

Nah, I'll get to the other dudes piecemeal as they come up (Ali Baga is up next, at some point!)

khabib's also conspicuous only by his absence

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

LobsterMobster posted:

Do Khabib Nurmagomedov so you can link the Abel Trujillo fight which is p4p the funniest fight ever.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

khabib's also conspicuous only by his absence

Don't worry, I'll get to him soon.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hate Jon Jones a whole lot.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Ewar Woowar posted:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V3g0MXjXZA

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Sweeney Tom posted:

Remember when people liked and defended Jon Jones after getting an entire card cancelled because surely Jon Jones couldn't be an rear end in a top hat

I remember the story being Hendo knew he was injured for a while and only decided to pull out a week or so before the fight allowing fellow/former team mate Sonnen the opportunity to step in. I'd give the benefit of the doubt to Hendo though because Jones snitched on this guy for smoking weed once so he obviously deserves to rot in hell.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the best part of EA UFC.

I posted some impressions in the thread for this, but I figure that even people who aren't interested in the game would enjoy seeing Bones getting Quarry'd.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Aurain posted:

This is the best part of EA UFC.

I posted some impressions in the thread for this, but I figure that even people who aren't interested in the game would enjoy seeing Bones getting Quarry'd.

He looks like one of those fainting goats.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Can I make that Mr. Ducksworth joke again?

Jon Jones you fucker.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

Don't worry, I'll get to him soon.

If you don't mind, I could post a little background information about Dagestan when I have time later on today.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

If you don't mind, I could post a little background information about Dagestan when I have time later on today.

I welcome any and all Dagestan information.

Think of that thread like the midcard thread, except exclusively about dudes from the Caucasus

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

LobsterMobster posted:

I welcome any and all Dagestan information.

Think of that thread like the midcard thread, except exclusively about dudes from the Caucasus

Let me tell you a little story about a man named Shamil Basayev.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Old news by now I know but I just listened to Dave's latest podcast and gently caress Jon Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

MassRafTer posted:

Must've been impossible to play duck duck goose with Jones as a kid.

Duck duck Gus

• Locked thread