Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
My cat is getting older, she's probably around 13 years old and has never puked before like this. It didn't seem like she got into anything but it did look like she emptied her whole stomach in a visible place which is a sign of illness.

She isn't acting any different than what she normally does but cats lie like that.

She hasn't puked yet today though.

Am I just being a spaz or should I be concerned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
Oh god, cats puking! How absolutely unheard of!

Cats puke. It's what they do. They eat, sleep, puke, and poop.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
If cats barfing in visible places is a sign of illness, then I have two of sickest cats in the existence of felines.

If she seems fine, she's most likely fine. When my boy got ill to the point that he was barfing, which was out of the norm for him, he made it extremely obvious to tell something was wrong. Keep an eye on her, but it was most likely a cat doing typical cat things.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Ugh...I hear you there. I have 5 cats.

So, one will decide that they are going to barf. Everyone has to come and watch, and then they stare at it for a moment or so. One of these days we know we will see them with a measuring stick and scale. Next thing I know, one of the others is barfing, cause, you know....they can do it bigger and better than the first one.

Well, this continues on with each one trying to outdo the others until they all agree on just who is the Ultimate Barfer of the Hairball or Half Eaten Leaf of the Day. Then they all congratulate each other on a job well done, and they go off to practice for the next competition.

We spot clean the carpets with the steamer etc and get them all picked up....and apparently that means its an affront to the senses to have clean carpets. Therefore, once the carpets are cleaned and vacuumed...its time to rechristen them and begin the competition.

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 2, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Allah is placing his blessings upon your devil cat. That's all.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Jenner posted:

My cat is getting older, she's probably around 13 years old and has never puked before like this. It didn't seem like she got into anything but it did look like she emptied her whole stomach in a visible place which is a sign of illness.

She isn't acting any different than what she normally does but cats lie like that.

She hasn't puked yet today though.

Am I just being a spaz or should I be concerned?

A single barf without other clinical signs (lethargy, decreased appetite, etc.) is most likely nothing to worry about.

As your cat is older, if you are up to it, write this down somewhere. When she barfs, keep track of it. See if it happens regularly or if it increases in frequency.

If frequency increases or if other clinical signs develop, then that is definitely the time to get to a vet.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

If she is eating, drinking and making GBS threads, don't panic yet. If she can't keep any down? Go to the vet.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Sometimes cats just barf. Mine does it periodically. Maybe she ate too fast? Maybe she just hates you. Sometimes mine pukes if I have company over. But not other times I have the same company over.

Cats are cats.

As others have said, if she's acting normal, she's fine.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Is your cat a longhair? Sometimes they'll (mine'll) try to hack up a hairball and accidentally puke instead and then saunter away like everything went according to plan.

Fuckin' cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
My large cat barfs all the time, mostly because he's an idiot and loves to eat plastic, mostly the strings that come off of the cat tree carpet.
My small cat barfs all the time too, mostly because she's an idiot that eats too fast then barfs up the stomach full of food she just ate.

Cats are dumb animals.

• Locked thread