Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

http://instagram.com/p/otY7DLDYTC/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Alito talking about baseball. I can't loving wait.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Can you do more damage to your arm or body by forgoing TJS? I get TJS is probably inevitable for him but is there a threat of making things worse by not getting it now?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Rand alPaul posted:

The Rockies mascot stands directly behind home plate and tries to interfere with opposing pitchers. It's a clownshoes tactic -- I hope someone drills him with a wild pitch one day.

I really don't understand how that's allowed. Fans are different than huge, hard-to-not-notice mascots.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Someone find Lance Berkman's insane 50-75 (maybe 100) PA. I think he was batting .600 and had an OPS close to 2. I've never seen anything quite like it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

:(

These last two or three years have not been an appropriate send-off for Johan.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

What the heck?

ESPN posted:

The host Tigers would apparently not allow Buchholz on the mound because Max Scherzer did not want his mound "disrupted," It is not really clear what that means, but at least there was nothing health-related to delay the outing. His rehab should proceed on schedule once he can pitch Sunday.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I really don't get why Machado flipped out over that tag. Could Donaldson have been softer? Sure. But, if you're taking extreme evasive maneuvers, then how can you expect Donaldson to not do whatever it takes to get you?

Really, really dumb.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Yea, I've really soured on Machado thanks to his actions this weekend. Maybe it's just an age thing? Isn't he still like 20 or something?

AND WHAT IN THE GODDAMN gently caress!??!

Wikipedia posted:

John Rocker is currently director of public affairs for Save Homeless Veterans.

1000x1000 :stare:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Was Machado ever written up for 'character issues' or 'makeup issues' or whatever they call it these days before?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I wouldn't mind the Cubs going after him if the cost is reasonable. Seems like the perfect reclamation project.

Unless I'm forgetting some potentially career-changing injury he suffered.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I really wish Rube was the GM of a team I hated. Like, I'd love and pay good money to see what that man would do to the Cardinals system as it is right now.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Pretty sure it's in reference to whatever epidemic is causing all of the Rangers to fall apart this year. At least I hope so.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

So is Chase Whitley good? I watched his first five innings and he had hitters fooled. But that's really all I've ever seen of him.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I really wish the Astros were still in the NL.

NO

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I might actually pay attention to the ASG if they keep up with those campaign ads. Good stuff.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

The Cubs are making one final offer to Samardzija, supposedly between Bailey money and Cain money.

Please don't accept, Jeff.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

There's a site or a way to alter the URL code to show past avatars per user. Anyone got that?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Yea, teams slump. It just so happens that while the favorite is slumping, a contender is streaking. The simultaneity is what makes the Royals look better and the Tigers look worse.

It'll all normalize soon enough.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

The Brewers can't be serious about starting Estrada at Coors tomorrow. Prepare to see the most home runs ever hit by one team in a single game.

You think there's no way he'll even get out of the 3rd. And yes, the numbers point to it. But this is the exact kind of game where he'll go 7 IP, 7 K, 5 H, 1ER, 0 HR. I've seen it too many times.

I don't know what it is, but games that seem like certain doom for pitchers with decent talent always seem to work out. It's the games where the pitcher's in neutral territory, or even favorable territory, where they'll give up 7 ER in 1.2 IP.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ZenVulgarity posted:

For fucks same cubs please let Bryant develop

They are?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Frieri for Grilli just happened.

LET IT BEGIN.

HUG WATCH.

CHAOS.

I'M READY.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Mookie is up.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Bryce is going to destroy us all, isn't he?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Also wasn't there an article about Bryce Harper when he was 16 and he had the gall to think he was good at baseball?

He happened to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated for that too

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Alan Trammell posted:

I don't think Bryce Harper hit a 570 foot home run.

Maybe with a metal bat and the exact right conditions. Maybe.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

It's kind of funny that they didn't talk to the Cubs. They obviously wanted youth and the Cubs definitely have some prospects. Given that list you would think they'd throw out one of those lopsided deals at Jed but I guess not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Yea, I wouldn't get too attached to Paxton or Walker if I were you.

• Locked thread