Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

blastron posted:

When's the player's choice stuff going to start? I haven't been super-vigilant about making sure that the game hasn't crashed lately (and have been putting off some much-needed improvements to the server the game is running on) so I'd kind of like to know when I should start paying closer attention.
Next week.

... also, I've gone through and modified the scores manually since apparently the two judges that had all zeroes in the MP game couldn't be dicked to go play the drat game. So that's annoying :( Anyways, here's the updated list:

#YesCallMen 88
Sink 86
Public Access TV: Superstar 80
You Have To Do Everything 80
Kooking With Krugg 79
Take Two Treehouse 79
Night Vision TV 79
Hypnovision 78
.2:22 AM 76
Public Axes 76
Jeremy's Dance Magic 75
Spiritual Seth 75
Public Access Wars 74
The Rage of Painting 73
Probing Nature 72
TV Tycoon 70
Spook Manor 70
Monday Afternoon Quizzlers 68
Wizard Broadcast Special 65
Public Access News 61
The Angry Atheist Gamer 54
Let's Be Heroes 53
Dog Time 53
Turtle Derby 53
Grublands 52
Bob Ross's Puzzle Painter 51
CulTV: Fhtagn with Mr. Cthulhu 51
SWAT: Freedom of Breach 50
Dinosaur P.I. 49
The Contract 48
The Game Knight 47
Breakfast with Agatha 46
555-Skeleton 43
Public Assets 43
Ham Strife 37
Anime Club Text Quest 32
Lovely Day for a Parade 25
I Don't Care Anymore 18
Tubulargame 9
Assault on PA13 0

Everything is the same except Night Vision TV (which shot WAY up) and Public Access Wars (which also went way up). The games that will go on to Gamer's Choice, including the judge overrides, are as follows:

#YesCallMen 88
Sink 86
Public Access TV: Superstar 80
You Have To Do Everything 80
Kooking With Krugg 79
Take Two Treehouse 79
Night Vision TV 79
Hypnovision 78
.2:22 AM 76
Public Axes 76
Jeremy's Dance Magic 75
Spiritual Seth 75
Public Access Wars 74
The Rage of Painting 73
Wizard Broadcast Special 65

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shalinor posted:

... also, I've gone through and modified the scores manually

Hmm, I think that changes who should win one of my prizes. I'll have to decide what to do with that!

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007

Shalinor posted:

the two judges that had all zeroes in the MP game couldn't be dicked to go play the drat game. So that's annoying :(

yeah...

Shalinor posted:

Public Access Wars 74

Yay, Gamers' choice :) I'll try to arrange set times where there'll definitely be people playing. Hopefully that'll give people a chance to try out the game. 

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Hmm, I think that changes who should win one of my prizes. I'll have to decide what to do with that!

If it changed the Go Big or Go Home runner up winner, I'd be happy to give the new leader halfsies.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Uhhhhh I just got an internal server error when I try and load up the wiki. bbcisdabomb - what's happening? :ohdear:

EDIT: Ok, worked that time, but wowza. Any way we can clear that up? We're about to throw a lot of regular people at it via Gamer's Choice, and if they see that, they'll just move on.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

SA Gamer's Choice is live. You're welcome to chat further in here if dev stuff comes up, but this thread will probably disappear into the ether now. Good job, everyone! It was another fun year.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

I have a Unity Pro License and a Stencyl License to give out to whichever winner would like them.

If you're in the top 10-20 or so and are interested, please say so, since I have no idea which of you already have (or want) Unity Pro or Stencyl Pro. The highest-scored person who wants it is the person who gets it.

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007

Shalinor posted:

I have a Unity Pro License and a Stencyl License to give out to whichever winner would like them.

If you're in the top 10-20 or so and are interested, please say so, since I have no idea which of you already have (or want) Unity Pro or Stencyl Pro. The highest-scored person who wants it is the person who gets it.

I'm guessing someone higher than 13th (Public Access Wars) will claim it - but I'd love the unity pro license if nobody else wants it :)

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:
I will go ahead and grab the Unity license, sorry Heisenberg!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I suppose I have some patching to do for Take Two Treehouse, now that the public is going to be playing it. Step 1: Reduce black screen time...

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:
I would also recommend increasing slightly the time that the prompt text is on the screen for the first "click the misspelled word" mini-game. First time I did that I was reading the text and pretty much completely missed the first set of words because I didn't know what was going on.

Edit: Or rather, increase the time between the prompt text appearing and the mini-game starting.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

sighnoceros posted:

I would also recommend increasing slightly the time that the prompt text is on the screen for the first "click the misspelled word" mini-game. First time I did that I was reading the text and pretty much completely missed the first set of words because I didn't know what was going on.

Edit: Or rather, increase the time between the prompt text appearing and the mini-game starting.

Yeah, trying to get the timing and stuff working well was a little harder than I thought. The word choosing minigame is up next on the chopping block for sure.

What I ultimately want (until the minigame specced out in the design doc is implemented) is for the kid to fade in, the text to say "Pick the correct word!" to fade in, then the words appear and the timer starts counting down. Right now is directly the result of "oh gently caress the competition is almost over and I toxxed." :v:

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

(looks like Unity Pro goes to #YesCallMen and Stencyl goes to Dance Magic, since Dance Magic is solidly #2 in Gamer's Choice and that'll probably stay true)

• Locked thread