Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I've been waiting all day to see if this thread would appear! I doubt I will actually complete a project as I never seem to have the motivation, but I'll be watching at the very least.

I honestly have no idea what I would do with this theme if I actually tried to put something together.

Shalinor posted:

You would be forgiven for thinking "wait, this year's theme is about... making terrible games?". No. Terrible games that no one wants to play are still terrible. Your challenge, over the month of July, is more be to make a charmingly terrible game. Something that's awkward, and stilted, but endearing or interesting enough that players want to see how it ends. Something that inspires conversation, that's fun and engaging (if also bizarre). You could also make a game about running a Public Access TV network, or a game that takes place backstage of a Public Access TV show, or command police raid on a suspicious apparently-terrorist Public Access TV show, or... just about anything. Have fun with it! Get creative!

Is the part I bolded meant to imply that an entry doesn't actually have to be about television at all, if it goes for "charmingly bad" instead?

edit: I really doubt I will be entering; please remove me from the "known entrants" list.

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Well, I actually came up with an idea, which is terrible because I know perfectly well that I'll fail to realize it. In the incredibly unlikely event that I complete an entry, it will be a little Zelda-style game where a bunch of community college students are recording their LARP for a film class or the college TV station or whatever. I'm thinking that aside from "monsters," there will be random passers-by who will call campus security on you if you hit them.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Hugoon Chavez posted:

:argh:

This is almost exactly what I had in mind after I discarded my first idea.

I wasn't joking when I said I was unlikely to actually complete something to submit, so don't let me stop you. The worst possible outcome is that there are two entries with similar ideas, which doesn't really matter anyway.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Magnetic North posted:

I don't think I'm technically in this yet (working with orphans behind the scenes to feel it out), but the rules say not to write code or ink art in june. Where does writing (script writing / database building) fit into this? I'd like to get a move on, but I also don't want to break the rules.

I think the technical rule is: if you feel like you're cheating, you're cheating. If you don't feel like you're cheating, you're probably not.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I had asked earlier in the thread to be taken off the list of "known entrants," so whenever the new thread does go up I'd appreciate not to be included on any list. I'm looking forward to seeing what people do but I'm not really feeling enthusiastic enough to enter, myself.

• Locked thread