Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A guy in my flight decided to "borrow" the carpet shampooer then go on TDY for a month. This wasn't figured out until several man hours were wasted looking for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

A guy in my flight decided to "borrow" the carpet shampooer then go on TDY for a month. This wasn't figured out until several man hours were wasted looking for it.

As long as the shampooer took leave and it was consensual, who cares?

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I bet it really defected to the Taliban. I hope nobody dies while searching for it.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

Well if it wasted man hours I imagine it wasted women days.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
So the Occupational Analysis report came out for my career field. Two slides had me laughing my rear end off. One was "why are people who are reenlisting doing so?" and all three categories (First Term, Second Term, Career) all picked Pay, Medical and Dental as their top three. The "why are people who are separating doing so?" listed Leadership At The Unit Level across the board.

Then later in the slideshow it said that overall job satisfaction is "very high" :lol:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Our climate assessment survey apparently has good numbers because everyone just clicked through to get it over with. The comments were horrifying because the last page of the survey was just a text box to say whatever you want.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
There is no drinking in Korea this weekend. Holy loving poo poo, now that the haze of alcohol has left my brain I can see this place for the horror that it is.

Kill me.

2 years 11 months left until I escape this :smith:

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Wild T posted:

The "why are people who are separating doing so?" listed Leadership At The Unit Level across the board.

Did you guys get some sort of excuse like, "People must not understand this question"?

We got that on every survey with a "wrong" answer like that.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Is a CGOC mostly a method to get OPR bullets? Their emails are worthless, and apparently they don't do unsubscribes.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 20, 2014

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Dominoes posted:

Is a CGOC mostly a method to get OPR bullets? Their emails are worthless, and apparently they don't do unsubscribes.

It's also occasionally useful as a dating pool.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Dominoes posted:

Think of them as a junior high student government. Ambitious retards with no sense of reality playing pretend in the hopes that the grownups and their peers will think they're important.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They're also usually people who suck at their primary job.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Ceiling fan posted:

It's also occasionally useful as a dating pool.

This.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Yup.

Also this

Godholio posted:

They're also usually people who suck at their primary job.

If you want to have some fun you can try and recreate the Great Elmo Rising 6 Distro Email Debacle of 2011. Just hit reply all and make some smart-rear end remark while asking to be taking off the distro, sit back and watch the magic happen. That poo poo got the entire base's email shut down for an entire day.

While my new job is pretty cool, at least once a day I am playing this on my phone while listening to some telecon on mute where idiots in other organizations I have to work with are blathering on and making it clear they have no idea what they're talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

Theme song of the MQ-1/9 enterprise.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I thought it was cool when some O3 got on the CGOC distro and told everyone it was inappropriate to use it to arrange bar crawls.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Set up an outlook rule to have all of those lovely emails forwarded back to the original sender then deleted from your inbox.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I just never got my e-mail re-setup after deployments for the longest time. It made life great, nobody knew how to get a hold of me, as I disconnected the phone in my office everyday (I had a little TV that showed when people were coming towards my door, then 10 seconds of hearing them fidle with the loving security combo to plug it back in, and I would alt tab to my desktop, which was actually empty but had a screen shot of some seriously impressive intelligence and NCO multi-tasking. Then I'd always be digging "for an AFI binder I need to update" whenever someone did wander in so I always looked extremely task saturated and busy. I would make up fake projects, and brief my progress on them during our weekly internal training to the acting flight chief. And the acting flight chief couldn't come where I worked or see what I did, he was just a DNF pilot sitting in a seat until our intel flight chief came back from deployment.

I went 3 months without doing a goddamn thing this way.

This method of avoiding e-mail worked great but it hosed me when I missed an awesome cross training opportunity, but I wound up getting to cross train a few years later anyway.

Then they gave my office the COMSEC stuff and I suddenly started to have a job, phone, e-mail, and human being comms people coming over to my office to inventory my poo poo.

loving. COMSEC. I'm an anal retentive AFI master to this day because I had to be the COMSEC guy. And honestly, I'd rather look my dad in the eyes and tell him I love having men ejaculate inside me at truck stops than admit how good I got at doing COMSEC and being an AFI bitch.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

iyaayas01 posted:

If you want to have some fun you can try and recreate the Great Elmo Rising 6 Distro Email Debacle of 2011. Just hit reply all and make some smart-rear end remark while asking to be taking off the distro, sit back and watch the magic happen. That poo poo got the entire base's email shut down for an entire day.

There was an afternoon when a heads-up about a fire drill in one building on Tinker turned into a similar shitshow. Due to problem with the mail server, the email went to the entire base...something like 80,000 people. A couple hundred replied to ask why they were getting it. Those emails also went to the entire base. I'm sure a couple of idiots actually hit "reply all" but over the next hour or so there were THOUSANDS of emails going to loving Tinker All. I don't know if the server crashed or if it was taken down, but it was fun to watch. I used an inbox screenshot as my wallpaper for a while.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Set up an outlook rule to have all of those lovely emails forwarded back to the original sender then deleted from your inbox.
I like that one. I have a rule to auto-delete anything to the CGOC list or from the first shirt, but it doesn't always work; I dunno. I've been replying with "Please unsubscribe" to each email hoping they'll get the message.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Dominoes posted:

I like that one. I have a rule to auto-delete anything to the CGOC list or from the first shirt, but it doesn't always work; I dunno. I've been replying with "Please unsubscribe" to each email hoping they'll get the message.

There's only two ways to get off that list. Make Major or separate.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Anyone know the best way to fund a foreign bank account using USD? The BoA community bank on base has a poo poo exchange rate, so I'd like to stop using it for rent.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Dominoes posted:

The CGOC is for non-rated people to get bullets and do moderate networking. While you work with officers all day, several MPF/Finance/MX/Comm/Med/Bio-environmental Engineers etc have only 1 or 2 officers they encounter all day, and want a way to meet people. Then they hear about sweet games like Crud and dead bug, and want to use them in their meetings.

Every year or so one asks me how to get Ops involves, and I tell them don't bother. Most listen, others it's like watching a cat chase a laser pointer.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
I just told the IAO to take me off of the list when I PCA'd into the squadron. Haven't gotten a CGOC email in over a year.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For some reason just about every lovely worthless email listing like that decided to add our shop's all controllers mailing list to it, as well as other random lists that include our org box. So every time someone sends one we get about 5 spread over our personal email and various boxes we control. And literally every time the OG/CC or the WG/CC asks us to send an email over Traivs_All, a huge string of assholes beg to get taken off of it.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 22, 2014

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Dominoes posted:

Anyone know the best way to fund a foreign bank account using USD? The BoA community bank on base has a poo poo exchange rate, so I'd like to stop using it for rent.

I just always used my card to pull out USD then exchange at my bank off base. But it was such a bitch to get the account in Korea.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

nullscan posted:

I just always used my card to pull out USD then exchange at my bank off base. But it was such a bitch to get the account in Korea.

That's what some of my buddies do. My debit card has a 1% foreign transaction fee, and my credit card has a 1% cash advance fee. Still better than the base bank. I've got the account set up.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I've been sober for almost 48 hours in Korea and I want to die.

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.
You could be back at Minot, is it really that bad? I know having overbearing leadership and an obnoxious curfew sucks, but there's gotta be something positive about where you are.

You make me think of all those idiots I was with in Okinawa who complained about wanting to go back because they "miss Wal-Mart and snow."

PicnicBasket
Mar 21, 2010

CaptainStag posted:

because they "miss Wal-Mart
Aeon/JUSCO

take your stupid self and leave the stupid island during winter

:colbert:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can understand sometimes missing walmart and being able to buy whatever you need at any hour of the day. But holy poo poo, you're in an awesome foreign country experiencing new culture. I've spent that last 4.5 years of my life at various points along I-10. I wish I could be in Europe or Japan "missing walmart."

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I can understand sometimes missing walmart and being able to buy whatever you need at any hour of the day. But holy poo poo, you're in an awesome foreign country experiencing new culture. I've spent that last 4.5 years of my life at various points along I-10. I wish I could be in Europe or Japan "missing walmart."

Europe doesn't want you, they apparently have enough bald whiney faggots.

Have you thought about Africa? The country I mean, not the band.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Obama Africanus posted:

Europe doesn't want you, they apparently have enough bald whiney faggots.

Have you thought about Africa? The country I mean, not the band.

I think you mean the song mate

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

genderstomper58 posted:

I think you mean the song mate

Dusted.

Toto right?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Obama Africanus posted:

Dusted.

Toto right?

ya :^)

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

xaarman posted:

Then they hear about sweet games like Crud and dead bug, and want to use them in their meetings.

lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Crud's actually fun, if you're drinking. A friend broke his loving rib opposing a 110 lb girl playing that game.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Godholio posted:

Crud's actually fun, if you're drinking. A friend broke his loving rib opposing a 110 lb girl playing that game.

The point of the game is to crush other people and start fights, not get a stupid ball in a hole.

Shoulda lowered his shoulder and knocked that ho unconscious.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
Max enlistment age raised to 39. AFQT score requirement lowered to 31.

I welcome all of the old dumb fuckers who can now join.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mud Shark posted:

Max enlistment age raised to 39. AFQT score requirement lowered to 31.

I welcome all of the old dumb fuckers who can now join.
why did they do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I've been waiting to post this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/06/23/stop-saying-uh-oh-while-youre-flying-drone-crash-pilot-quotes-unveiled/

• Locked thread