Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's still June 1 here! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

First post

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
I saw a communism era Lada tailgaiting a Lamborghini. Game over.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

June 2 here. First real country to see the new day, bitches :c00l:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I am eagerly waiting for WWDC :kimchi:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I want to go home! Works sucks!

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Nice op-ed in the NYT about the gas tax: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/02/opinion/americas-highways-running-on-empty.html

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I think I may actually finish my Huey and R32 model kits this week :woop:

I've been slowly piecing these things together over the course of a year in my spare time, kinda nice to see the progress.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
The dude from Craigslist finally got back to me so I started my daily atm trips to get enough :20bux: to buy a cheap miata. Hopefully on tide I will buy my 7th car lol. The cop car will also get listed at take a trip to Carmax on tues once I can swap the wheels and clean it up a bit.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tomorrow I get most of the rest of the parts for my Beetle. Tail lights, pulleys, shifter bushings and a quick shift kit, cigarette lighter socket, and a few other surprises :getin:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Well huh. First time 5km run under 30 minutes. Not going to argue with that.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I already miss my dealership job. WHAT HAVE I DONE

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Awwww ywah, Monday morning and I am heading to the junkyard on company time for R&D parts (we need some high mileage examples of what we intend to use to send out for destructive stress testing.) This is the best job.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

goatse guy posted:

I already miss my dealership job. WHAT HAVE I DONE

You've made a huge and important decision to change your life, a little apprehension is normal :)

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
The first time I tried rattlecanning a car, I homebuilt a positive-pressure booth using 2x4s, plywood, 3-mil plastic sheeting, a shop-vac, and several filters. It was complicated, ridiculously loud, and in the end, although I had a paintjob with no dust in it, it was also really thin because the air pressure pulled half the paint droplets away before they got to the surfaces I was painting.

This time, to re-clearcoat my girlfriend's car's hood, I'm just gonna do it in the open. Tips?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

June cat thread

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
18 hours to Viggen's freedom! :supaburn:

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.

CharlesM posted:

18 hours to Viggen's freedom! :supaburn:

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/05/28/new-saab-drama/

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Slow is Fast posted:

June DOG thread

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

You wanna pay me $25.83/hr to assemble shelves at the shop all day? No loving problem.

My thighs friggin' KILL from jet skiing on Saturday. I forgot to mention that I flipped the jet ski going 0MPH.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Feels weird to be blowing $900-1000 on transmissions. One for me, one for the company. I'm used to being on the other side of this equation.

Oh well, it's what we needed (and not an easy one to find) and it looks to be in great shape. And I never, ever would have found one in the you-pull.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Feels weird to be blowing $900-1000 on transmissions.

anybody else and I would have gone places...

Feels weird not having a street legal bike around anymore, after 3 years.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Can't get an IT manager job without IT management experience. Can't get IT management experience without being an IT Manager. :psyduck:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Shampoo posted:

Can't get an IT manager job without IT management experience. Can't get IT management experience without being an IT Manager. :psyduck:

Welcome to <desirable career>!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Bucephalus posted:

Truth. I run into the exact same problem trying to get lovely lube tech positions.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Bucephalus posted:

Pretty much. IT Manager certificate? Sure, I got one. Years experience being a señior level IT tech? Yup. Do the manager stuff when the manager is out sick or on vacation? Sure do. Try to apply for IT manager positions? LOL NOPE. Apparently I need to find a Senior tech/Manager hybrid position where I do the work of two people for the pay of one, but i'll have those special 7 letters in my title, so it'll "count" as "experience".

Joy.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Hi June! Wait, where's June and how can I chat it up?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You wanna pay me $25.83/hr to assemble shelves at the shop all day? No loving problem.

My thighs friggin' KILL from jet skiing on Saturday. I forgot to mention that I flipped the jet ski going 0MPH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAUZl1tdlis

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Went on a date yesterday with a chick I'd been talking to a couple days, seemed very very cool. loving liar, when it came to her pictures. Her arm fat had arm fat, and she had some serious old-face for being only 31. Good riddance.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm done with people who can't self-regulate their alcohol intake and are obnoxious drunks.

gently caress getting home at like midnight on a Sunday.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Sigma X posted:

This time, to re-clearcoat my girlfriend's car's hood, I'm just gonna do it in the open. Tips?

Wet down the dirt in the surrounding area and do it as early as possible.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

"Why are you so sweaty?"
"I peeled an orange... About an hour ago."

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

For the first time in my life, this month I'll have access to a garage to park in. This is unreasonably exciting to me.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Garages are not for parking cars in, unless they're projects you have barely touched in a decade. They're for hoarding tools and car parts in.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Are topless Jeeps that are future abandoned projects acceptable for garage parking? :ohdear:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

InitialDave posted:

Garages are not for parking cars in, unless they're projects you have barely touched in a decade. They're for hoarding tools and car parts in.

Oh, I see you have been to my house.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

KozmoNaut posted:

You've made a huge and important decision to change your life, a little apprehension is normal :)

I am getting paid 2.5x what I made at my old job to do even less work. Something feels wrong about this. I also get to hang out with my dog all day. It's weird.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

2 different houses across the alley from me park a single compact car in the center of their garage, and outside of that have like 2 shelves against the wall. meanwhile i'm here parking my forklift completely wrapped around a cable box, and had 5 vehicles parked in the same amount of space. 3 in the garage, 2 on the garage approach, and have to do the 5 key shuffle to work on specific projects.

If i can get the subaru moving under it's own power for a bit, i can wedge that between the cable box and fence, wrap the forklift around that, put the pickup and lincoln in the garage to change break off the plugs on the pickup and a bunch of little stuff on the lincoln, and possibly have room for the bmw on the approach. That would mean i have room for another project out front!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
loving bastard Postman didn't bring me my package even though I left the "redeliver" slip in the box on Friday. I'm getting fed up with his fatass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Rhyno posted:

loving bastard Postman didn't bring me my package even though I left the "redeliver" slip in the box on Friday. I'm getting fed up with his fatass.

My old postman was a lazy gently caress. Everytime he left a "we missed you" note, someone was home.
What I ended up doing is every time I got the note, I'd call the post office and they'd tell me to come in after a certain time and I would go pick it up.

One time they called him on his route and made him go to my house and hand me the box. Oh the death glare I got...

• Locked thread