Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It's a little annoying to watch other team's with good goalies sit on leads and get hammered with shots and yet win because their goalies don't suck.

The Pens try to do the same thing and blow leads all the time because Maf sucks and then the narrative becomes that the Pens don't know how to play d when the Rangers do the same poo poo but it works because Lundqvist is a golden god.

I actually think the Rangers have a slight slight chance at coming back. They haven't played that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Of course they have a chance. If by some miracle they convincingly beat LA on fri the narrative will completely shift. Hell even if they just squeek by again everyone will be talking about how unbeatable Lundqvist is at home and this is going to 7.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

onemillionzombies posted:

Of course they have a chance. If by some miracle they convincingly beat LA on fri the narrative will completely shift. Hell even if they just squeek by again everyone will be talking about how unbeatable Lundqvist is at home and this is going to 7.

This is basically my mental projection the second the buzzer rang on Game 4. LA is just not that much better at home.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Ginette Reno posted:

It's a little annoying to watch other team's with good goalies sit on leads and get hammered with shots and yet win because their goalies don't suck.

The Pens try to do the same thing and blow leads all the time because Maf sucks and then the narrative becomes that the Pens don't know how to play d when the Rangers do the same poo poo but it works because Lundqvist is a golden god.

I actually think the Rangers have a slight slight chance at coming back. They haven't played that bad.

Also the Kings inherited all that offensive bad luck that the Rangers had in the previous games. Shots off the post, two pucks getting through and coming to a stop right on the goal line, open net misses, it was frustrating to watch. Not taking anything away from Lundqvist though, he was very good. He certainly bounced back from Game 3.

I have faith that the Kings will win game 5, but I'm also nervous because they seem to play slightly worse at Staples for some inexplicable reason. Maybe they thrive on discomfort or something. I don't know.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Ginette Reno posted:

Reminder that the Rangers already have blown three 2 goal leads so far against the Kings. Not blowing last nights was more like stats regression (though Lundqvist was excellent)

quote:

Last night was their loving worst game and they won go goddamn figure. The first two games were pretty much tossups, though LA did dominate the third period of game one. Rangers just couldn't score for poo poo in game 3 and Quick made the lead stand up, and suddenly it's an insurmountable hole.

IF the Rangers win tomorrow I might entertain the idea of a come back but they either gotta get even luckier or play a helluva lot better. In terms of pure entertainment it certainly would be better if the Rangers won, makes things much more interesting

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Surfing Turtle posted:

Not enough Fahst-Ahcting Advil to save Hank after that.

Fixed that for you

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Quick knew what was wrong in Game 4, his bangs weren't feathered immaculately..

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=624854

Get the gently caress outta here Pearson, ref teachin you rules of the game

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hey the NHL season is going to end tonight probably! Prepare for the inevitable "FRIDAY THE 13th" pun headlines lazy sportswriters across the globe are going to use.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well one team is definitely going to be less lucky than the other.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

McDragon posted:

Well one team is definitely going to be less lucky than the other.

I wouldn't say this, no.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Some what clever headline by the Post today. The soundtrack for today's game will be 2Pac and Wang Chung.

Also Mike Keenan says Lundqvist can win the cup on his own. So most likely the season ends today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Rangers gonna lose tonight. :smith:

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
My anxiety is already building.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Surfing Turtle posted:

My anxiety is already building.

I'm pretty relaxed at this point. If they win, awesome, if they lose at least they didn't get swept.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Loqieu posted:

Some what clever headline by the Post today.
Blind pig, etc. etc.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Rangers gonna lose tonight. :smith:

According to redit, tonight is hank's 666th game, today is Friday the 13th, and there's a full moon.

So if he skates onto the ice wearing a vintage hockey mask, y'all best be ready for someone to get macheted to death.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

xzzy posted:

According to redit, tonight is hank's 666th game, today is Friday the 13th, and there's a full moon.

So if he skates onto the ice wearing a vintage hockey mask, y'all best be ready for someone to get macheted to death.

I can see Hank going out like Patrick Bateman. He's pretty enough.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

xzzy posted:

Dustin Brown

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

xzzy posted:

Uh oh :tinfoil:

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Wamsutta posted:

I can see Hank going out like Patrick Bateman. He's pretty enough.
One of the gif wizards needs to put Hank's head on Bateman and Richards/Carcillo's head on the cat in the ATM scene.

Loqieu posted:

Some what clever headline by the Post today. The soundtrack for today's game will be 2Pac and Wang Chung.

Also Mike Keenan says Lundqvist can win the cup on his own. So most likely the season ends today.

Blue or Die was better than that :negative:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Bad news: Tonight I'm bartending for a wedding that rented our place out. So I wouldn't be able to watch the game.

Good news: They are hardcore Rangers fans, so they are bringing TVs on which to watch the game.

I hope they happy-drink so they can happy-tip. Sooo... Let's go Rangers. Also, if the Rangers are playing an awful game/lose, I don't think I can resist the temptation of an entire bar that can drown my sorrows.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

xzzy posted:

Hail Satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6G3K84tRH8

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I wouldn't say this, no.

Oh, I wasn't saying anything rude about either team. It was more an observation that if you have two of anything really one of them has to be luckier than the other because that's just how luck works. It's like saying the team that scores the most will win. More of a dig at stupid headlines really.

Sorry, I don't think I explained that very well. Either post.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Rotten Cookies posted:

Bad news: Tonight I'm bartending for a wedding that rented our place out. So I wouldn't be able to watch the game.

Good news: They are hardcore Rangers fans, so they are bringing TVs on which to watch the game.

I hope they happy-drink so they can happy-tip. Sooo... Let's go Rangers. Also, if the Rangers are playing an awful game/lose, I don't think I can resist the temptation of an entire bar that can drown my sorrows.

I'm working at a bar in LA tonight so I'm hoping for the exact opposite!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Why aren't there fights in the playoffs?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Loqieu posted:

If the Rangers win tonight, the headline for tomorrow should be 'ESCAPE FROM L.A.!'

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Every headline should be "Just end this dumb series already"

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Jubs posted:

Well there are minimal fights in the regular season now anyway. But mostly teams would rather win than "send a message."

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Jubs posted:

They're a bunch of softies.

The short series means no one wants to take penalties.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Jubs posted:

No icetime for punch men.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

flakeloaf posted:

No icetime for punch men.

:golfclap:

But keep in mind how the Sharks are pushing to resign Mike Brown, who's greatest attributes are Mustache and Punchable Face.

(not that Mikey is a bad guy irl but hearing that while the sharks management implode over even contemplating losing Joe Thornton is beyond hosed up)

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Pretty excited to lose on national television tonight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Rangers just didn't want to dishonor the Cup by losing on cable.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The Rangers just didn't want to dishonor the Cup by losing on cable.

Their grand strategy is to solve the Jonathan Quick problem for everyone by putting him in a position to drop the f-bomb on national TV and get him banned for life.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I just burged out from the same diner from Wed sooooo....

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Quote is not edit. Sorry.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

xzzy posted:

Their grand strategy is to solve the Jonathan Quick problem for everyone by putting him in a position to drop the f-bomb on national TV and get him banned for life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKFTi7YkrQw

Oh I dearly hope J-Quick goes renegade again tonight!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

quote:

Actor who plays inspirational "coach" in Netflix commercial Vigneault referenced the other day will be sitting a few rows behind NYR bench.
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Someone make a GDT so we can properly lay the Rangers season to rest.

• Locked thread