Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

More here: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/Commissioner%20Opinon%20-%20Daniel%20Carcillo%20Suspension.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Wamsutta posted:

I don't get how Carbomb had it dropped to 6 either. If the book says 10 it's 10. Why bother having the automatic 10 if it's subject to review.

I don't know if he sees the ice again even once he's done being suspended. AV made some comments about Carcillo's future with the organization, if I remember right. Dunno if he'll want to put him in, no matter how much grit or grind or toughness they may need against LAK.

I linked this earlier, but it's worth repeating because it explains exactly why and how the suspension was reduced. To summarize, they decided it was a category 3 offense rather than 2. Category 3 has a minimum 3 game suspension. Bettman also acknowledges that the suspension might have been longer if it occurred during regular season games. Make of that what you will...

• Locked thread