Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

How do you find ebooks on Amazon that are specifically Amazon (self)-published?

EDIT: I'm curious to see what self-published works are popular.

LiterallyATomato fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

also, people wanted to hear about audio. here's my take, 1.5 weeks after releasing my first solo audiobook:

if you can afford the up front costs, do audio. Audio books sell all on their own. I have had to put in 0 advertising for audio, specifically (i still advertise my ebooks) and audio is roughly an additional 30-50% of my daily gross royalities. getting people to buy audio has been 0 effort, and i'm seriously considering putting one or both of my backlist series into audio.

Do you do the readings yourself or hire someone? Just curious.

And if you do it yourself, do you do the voices? You gotta do the voices, right?

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

My friend had an idea, wanted to see what y'all thought of it:

When it comes time next year to find an artist to do my book cover, going to Emerald City Comic Con and meeting some people at Artists' Alley. Look for styles that would fit and see if they'd do the commission for you in the near future.