Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Either "leave <place>" or "depart from <place>", me thinks. I also think you could drop "luxury" as that's stated in the previous sentence. Second "through" might also be redundant, depending on taste. Maybe "its" instead of "her"? Lastly, I think "is bearing" is a little clunky.

Note: I'm not a self-publishing goon and not at all familiar with the target audience of such works, so I have no clue what makes for a good blurb. I think it looks alright. Also, agreed, no blood.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I think the first one's better too, but just in case you're sticking with the second: Gare d'Lest is not a station (or French, for that matter) ;)

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I know next to nothing of self-publishing and, outside of my home country, only slightly more about traditional publishing, but I'd suspect you're probably better off trying to get a short story or two published in an esteemed journal and then contacting agents - or skipping the former altogether - than you would be publishing your own works.

Again, don't take my word as gospel, but from what I know self-publishing isn't regarded very highly in more traditional circles.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 20, 2019

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

freebooter posted:

Obviously this doesn't apply to anyone in this thread

Speak for yourself :colbert: