Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I was reading this thread about a month ago and there was a service you could sign up to where it sent out info on your book to a load of mailing lists and someone said that that, combined with a "free promotion" was a good was to get your work noticed via amazon?

Thing is, I can't for the life of me find it again and this is a long thread. Any clues?

Also I released this a while ago without checking this thread for advice about the blurb/cover. Any critiques?

http://bit.ly/2jVJjXK

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Cheers mate. I'll look into those when I get home.

As for the blurb, is this any better?

Book Blurb posted:

The world is doomed due to one man’s vanity!

Born a hideous, twisted wreck, Barney was willing to do anything for love and adoration. His facial abnormalities were too extreme for surgery to fix and his pride forbade him from paying for the company of women. With nothing left to lose, he decided to forfeit his soul in a deal with the devil for all the love, fear and respect in the world.

There’s just one small problem…

Barney doesn’t have all the facts. The Devil, as he believes him to be, doesn’t exist and what he’s summoned is something much older, much darker than anything humanity could have imagined and his wish is the final key that has unlocked the gates that will lead to the end of all things.

Dude wants the world to 'know his face'. a cosmic type 'old one' grants his wish in order to break into our reality then eats everyone... In the form of a giant head that looks like the fat guy who summoned it.

What about the other stories? Should I just list their names or give them a brief summary too?

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 13, 2017

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Thank you for your help. I had it in my head the description should be real short for some reason.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
That's superb, thank you.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I've started getting daily "organic" sales. Is that the right term for it? It's a pretty good feeling. I made my books free for a weekend when I did a horror convention and since then they've got into the Amazon "system".

Thanks for all the help, thread.