Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
I prefer the image on the right. The spilled popcorn is a good detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
So here’s my book. Big thanks to everyone in the fiction writing discussion thread. I mostly lurked but gained invaluable advice from the regulars there over the years.

March of the Firebugs is a “younger” YA novel with fantasy/steampunk influences. The cover was created by the talented Martina Cecilia who I was lucky enough to connect with on deviantart. I’m running my promotion now so the book is free from today until 9/24/2014.

“Considering the risk, I think it’s time to tell Rook the truth.”

Bizarre things have been happening to fifteen-year-old Rook. Strangers chased him through downtown. Some weird kids and their pets froze him with magic. And the TV keeps turning on and off when an odd blue lizard scurries past the electronics. Then one night a fiery swarm of supernatural insects set fire to the house. Tracing their origin to another world of gears and steam, Rook hunts for his estranged father and discovers the secrets of his heritage. He must discover who he is as well as find the courage to overcome his fears. Can Rook halt the spread of the Firebugs before everything he knows is destroyed?

Here’s the link.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Thanks! The chapter headers were a pain to get right. Lots of resizing, trying different file types and such. At first I attempted to format the ebook document with calibre but that caused each of the interior pictures to skew in an odd manner depending on the viewed device. So stay away from that program if you're adding in pictures, unless there was just some simple change or option I missed.