Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go
I put this up recently, it's a really awful novella that me and a few friends wrote. It's basically low-brow toilet humour fantasy. I'm not sure if the blurb can be improved any. Probably?

GLORY. HONOUR. LARGE WORDS.

One man must forego these luxuries and begin an epic quest filled with danger, peril, redundancy, and sodomy. One man must brave the uncertainties of a world filled with men, because it was written by men who are afraid of women. One man must set aside right and wrong, and do what needs to be done.

When sidekicks can't be trusted – when captured princesses aren't worth the hassle – when you're in the toilet and you've forgotten your smart phone – only one man can be relied upon to handle the situation:

BON'JELLAR: HERO OF ORDEGRON

On a journey to rescue a princess, an unlikely hero is determined to conquer any obstacle he may encounter – including the princess. Bon'Jellar, the Prince of Ordegron travels far and wide in pursuit of acquiring new skills, meeting resistance at every turn and finding himself in perilous situations. Along the way, the seemingly incompetent warrior battles kidnappers, warlords, and Bon'Jellar's cleverly disguised arch-nemesis, Ulcerman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go

Imperfect posted:

I guess I wouldn't have understood that it was supposed to be absurdist fantasy if you hadn't hinted at it before the blurb. The blurb needs to be a lot more ridiculous in order to indicate that, otherwise it just looks like kind of off-kilter fantasy.

Thanks, I'll try and have a poke around it and see if I can get anything better out of it.

The first half of the blurb was written by one of the guys who wrote the book with me, and the second half was written by someone on Fiverr after giving them the plot details.

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go
Had another go at a blurb, but it's still ploppy.

"In the kingdom of Ordegron, the vulgar Princess Spendalot has been kidnapped by an incompetent warlord known only (for some reason) as Chubs, and the malodorous antagonist, Ulcerman, is plotting similarly nefarious deeds. Unfortunately, the only man for the job is the narcissistic Prince of Ordegron, Bon’Jellar BonWinkle. What begins as a routine princess-rescue soon becomes a bewildering adventure into the unknown."