Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I was looking for some advice. Over the last year, I've been working on a project that I've been intending to digitally self-publish. It's a series of young adult horror novellas. Think Goosebumps for older kids.

Since I started the project, I've always planned on releasing the books for free. I don't really care about making money off of this, and my day job pays well enough that I'm even okay operating this project at a loss. I do care about people actually reading the thing. I've just operated under the assumption that offering it for free will give me a wider audience. Now, I'm a bit afraid that offering it for free will actually denote a cheapness in quality and actually deter some readers. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU