Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Payback - Chicago, IL (June 1st, 8:00PM EST)

WWE SmackDown!
  • Just watch Raw, the same stuff happens.

WWE Monday Night Raw

- Triple H wanted to continue the feud between Evolution and The Shield, but Batista wanted a one-on-one match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Triple H told him that there was a plan in place and that’d happen eventually, so Batista quit, saying he’d gotten nothing but false promises since returning.

1. Rob Van Dam and Sheamus defeated Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett and Cesaro. Cesaro abandoned Barrett, leaving him to take a Brogue Kick from Sheamus and a Five-star Frog Splash from Van Dam for the loss.

- Damien Sandow came to the ring dressed as Indian Pacers player Lance Stephenson and showed off his basketball skills. Big Show showed up, punched him, then dunked a basketball.

2. Bo Dallas defeated Kofi Kingston. Bo won with a bulldog.

- Stephanie McMahon and John Cena argued about Daniel Bryan and what should happen to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Cena called Stephanie a bunch of names. She put him in a match with Kane.

3. John Cena defeated Kane. Cena won by DQ when Kane wouldn’t stop attacking him. After the match, the two brawled.

4. Los Matadores defeated 3MB. Hornswoggle showed up in an afro wig. El Torito pulled it off, and this distracted 3MB. They lost via roll-up.

5. Alicia Fox and Askana defeated Nikki Bella. This was a handicap match ordered by Stephanie McMahon. Foxsana got the win after an Alicia Fox axe kick to Bella. After the match, they continued to beat her up.

6. Adam Rose defeated Jack Swagger. Rose won with a jumping version of the Party Foul, his snapmare driver.

7. The Wyatt Family defeated WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos. This was a non-title match. Erick Rowan won the match for his team with a sit-out slam.

8. Alberto Del Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler. This was a Money in the Bank qualifying match. Del Rio won by submission with his cross armbreaker.

9. Rybaxel defeated Goldust and Sin Cara. Sin Cara was personally chosen by Cody Rhodes to be Goldust’s new tag team partner. Axel pinned Sin Cara.

- Rusev was given a “gold star medal” on behalf of Russia for being “a hero of the Russian Federation.” They played the Russian national anthem. Nothing happened.

- Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton never happened. Triple H announced that he had a Plan B, which was Seth Rollins turning on his Shield teammates. Rollins attacked Reigns and Ambrose with a steel chair, then gave the chair to Randy Orton to continue the assault.
Recap from With Leather
--------------------------------------------------------------
Other useful links

WWE Network
NXT Discussion
Link to WWE Network General Discussion
If you're poor as heck this will give you cheap poo poo to eat.
Link to WWE Network Live Events Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------

I Before E fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seth Rollins can go to Hell.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Raw owned bones

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Shield was so far up the card that they just didn't have anybody else for them to beat anymore so I'm cool with this for the sake of freeing up some bodies in the upper midcard/main event

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's a better Raw Recap
-Batista left
-Some matches happened
-Rollins joined Shield
-Also, pizza tweets

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Pretty bad raw other than the Esteemed Ceremony for Russia's Greatest Hero

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
If I was booking this, Rollins would be a mole sent in to destroy Evolution entirely, and the strain of the masquerade would have made them go their separate ways anyway when it was done.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Why Seth :(

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I get the reasons they broke up the Shield, it just feels like it was too soon. I just like seeing those dudes. Guess we'll see what happens, but the timing makes no sense.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

-Batista left
-Some matches happened
-Cena talked about boobies
-Rollins joined Shield
-Also, pizza tweets

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
RIP Nexus
RIP Streak
RIP Shield

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Last two segments saved that Raw. Well at least from what I saw of the rest. I expected Dean and got Seth. I'm very happy with that.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
I'm guessing Rollins and Orton vs Reigns & Ambrose at MITB

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

An okay show that dragged a bit, but I loved the ending and I'm intrigued as to where they go from here (and whether they blow the potential of a solo heel Rollins).

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Liar Lyre posted:

-Batista left
-Some matches happened
-Rollins joined Shield
-Also, pizza tweets

Well I'm glad they made it official they've been hanging out so much see you all next ppv.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Shield were the most well booked guys in the company but I get why they went the route they did and there really wasn't much left for them to do as a unit. Just wish it was Dean instead since he's the more natural heel and I fear he'll be lost in the shuffle now.

I wonder if Rollins is considered an Evolution member now? That's where I assumed they were going but they played Hunter's music at the end instead of Line in the Sand.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Del Rio is competing for championships
Rob Van Dam is competing for championships
Daniel Bryan could still possibly vacate his championships
Shield is dead

Wrestling isn't fun right now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

The Shield were the most well booked guys in the company but I get why they went the route they did and there really wasn't much left for them to do as a unit. Just wish it was Dean instead since he's the more natural heel and I fear he'll be lost in the shuffle now.

I wonder if Rollins is considered an Evolution member now? That's where I assumed they were going but they played Hunter's music at the end instead of Line in the Sand.

I would bet they are just Triple H's goons and spend the next month in tag matches against Ambrose and Reigns

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, last night was literally the highest that The Shield could go as a team. Doing the breakup immediately after that makes more sense than dragging it out through another Wyatt feud or something.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

This makes sense. This also makes no sense.

Still though. Seth. :smith:

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
smug rollins

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Triple H owns

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Supreme Allah posted:

Well I'm glad they made it official they've been hanging out so much see you all next ppv.

poo poo! I tweeted it perfectly before.

Anyways, I said I was giving up Raw until MitB if this was a disappointing show. The matches were solid, but only 1 or 2 angles were advanced. Yeah, I'll just catch the recaps and do something else on Mondays.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mostly I'm just excited that Bryan vs. Rollins is a thing that can happen now

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I'm kind of curious if they'll all change their ring gear now. I'm thinking at least Roman might stick with the tactical gear.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
you know what? Push Rollins to the moon. New Hardy/Punk hybrid. Bryan vs Rollins would own

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm eating ice cream out of the carton and sobbing loudly at Backstage Pass

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Bard Maddox posted:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Teddybear posted:

This makes sense. This also makes no sense.

Still though. Seth. :smith:

Exactly this. I know they had to break up The Shield eventually but they're my favorite unit ever so to see it crumble made me sadder than is probably healthy, and frankly I'm shocked Rollins turned and not Ambrose.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I hate Seth Rollins and I hate the world and I hate myself. Look what you've done, WWE.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm glad Rollins turned instead of Ambrose. Dean is way more obvious, but I think his brand of crazy heel might be better suited for a turn down the road rather than being backed by the corporation. Seth Rollins is great at poo poo talking and this should be great. I can also see Dean turning down the road out of desperation to help build to the Roman Reigns/Triple H match, unless they're planning on doing a Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins match at the same Summerslam.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

Same, but without Backstage Pass.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Bard Maddox posted:

This but with beer

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pretty upset that Rollins couldn't say no to that Digiorno money.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
My heart has shattered, my dreams are dead, I have no hope for the future. How could you do this to us Seth. :negative:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Shield will have a cool staredown at the rumble and they'll probably reunite in 18 months

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Well gently caress.

Honestly, I'm not worried about a Rollins heel turn. Wasn't he a heel during his NXT title run?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i've been eating ice cream and crying all night because it is my Monday Night Raw ritual

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Static Rook posted:

This but with beer

If you're eating beer out of a carton you may want to clean your fridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I know it had to happen but I'm still sad about it :(

• Locked thread