Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

The Shield will have a cool staredown at the rumble and they'll probably reunite in 18 months

But I dont plan to live that long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Forceholy posted:

Well gently caress.

Honestly, I'm not worried about a Rollins heel turn. Wasn't he a heel during his NXT title run?

No but he was for a over a year with The Shield.

EDIT: I think he was a heel for like two matches as NXT champ after he joined The Shield.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
Kofi Kingston's Road to Redemption doesn't looks like it's going anywhere.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

The Shield will have a cool staredown at the rumble and they'll probably reunite in 18 months

I hope this is true.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

i've been eating ice cream and crying all night because it is my Monday Night Raw ritual

This but with beer

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I do like that even Dean was shocked that it wasn't him that turned.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Chokes McGee posted:

If you're eating beer out of a carton you may want to clean your fridge

I like my wine in boxes and my beer in cartons. DON'T JUDGE ME YOU DON'T KNOW MEEEEEE

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
This was probably not the first night Triple H had to resort to using Plan B.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

This but with beer

Jesus people, just get some baking soda and scrub it up in there, it can't be healthy

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhonne posted:

I do like that even Dean was shocked that it wasn't him that turned.

I'd like to believe that's what he was shocked at and was not at all phased by Seth's turn.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

You know the guy on the Shield who does all the cool stuff that pops the crowd? Let's make him a heel so he can't do those anymore. Right? Right.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah I know heels never do stuff that pops the crowd ever

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

weekly font posted:

You know the guy on the Shield who does all the cool stuff that pops the crowd? Let's make him a heel so he can't do those anymore. Right? Right.

They all have cool stuff that pops the crowd.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deadpool posted:

I'd like to believe that's what he was shocked at and was not at all phased by Seth's turn.

I like to think the shock was discovering Triple H was using him to get Seth to negotiate down.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.

weekly font posted:

Cesaro would like a word with you.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They shouldn't add anyone to the Reigns-Ambrose pair, but if they did, it would almost have to be Neville because he fills Rollins' role and he wouldn't have to talk.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

weekly font posted:

Lance Storm account spotted.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

sportsgenius86 posted:

They shouldn't add anyone to the Reigns-Ambrose pair, but if they did, it would almost have to be Neville because he fills Rollins' role and he wouldn't have to talk.

It's time to Bo-lieve in the Shield.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DingoSlasher posted:

Cesaro would like a word with you.

And that word is "uppercut."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

weekly font posted:

Yeah, too bad he never did any of that poo poo until the last three months.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Seriously though tonight was the darkest night in the history of nights and I need to be with my wife now. Try to make it through, everyone

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It had to be Rollins.

Rollins is almost certainly the most over of the three based on crowd reactions, so turning him would be the biggest possible gut punch. If the guy you expect to turn evil turns evil nobody is going to react and the hate won't be real. There's a reason everyone is comparing this to Hogan, even if it's just as a joke. Even though by the time it happened everyone was bored of Hogan and hated seeing him, nobody could believe he'd turn and it was a huge moment because of that.

Rollins has been consistently booked as the brains of the operation and the glue holding them together in tough times, so it's the perfect death blow for The Shield's dominate power that left them nowhere to go. More importantly, Rollins is the one most ready for a singles push because his in-ring work is the most polished of the three (not to mention it looks just loving brutal as hell) and his talking skills are at least on par with Deans in the broad sense, even if nobody could ever match Dean on the little touches, inflections and body language.

I know we all wanted them to just be the Face Four Horsemen and compete in singles while remaining a team of BFFs, but that was never going to happen because of the number one issue with the roster right now, the lack of credible top-card heels outside of Bray, Triple H and Lesnar. This is why we had the Kane feud that everyone whined about. Breaking up the Shield was the only solution they've got, and it was the right one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So is Batista joining the shield or what

KitsonGT
Oct 5, 2004

Remember: if the balloon pops, the noise makes the angels cry.

armoredgorilla posted:

Lance Storm account spotted.

Lance Storm is more upset that Rusev got a full anthem, nobody ever showed Canada that kind of respect.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Sanguinia posted:

It had to be Rollins.

Rollins is almost certainly the most over of the three based on crowd reactions, so turning him would be the biggest possible gut punch. If the guy you expect to turn evil turns evil nobody is going to react and the hate won't be real. There's a reason everyone is comparing this to Hogan, even if it's just as a joke. Even though by the time it happened everyone was bored of Hogan and hated seeing him, nobody could believe he'd turn and it was a huge moment because of that.

Rollins has been consistently booked as the brains of the operation and the glue holding them together in tough times, so it's the perfect death blow for The Shield's dominate power that left them nowhere to go. More importantly, Rollins is the one most ready for a singles push because his in-ring work is the most polished of the three (not to mention it looks just loving brutal as hell) and his talking skills are at least on par with Deans in the broad sense, even if nobody could ever match Dean on the little touches, inflections and body language.

I know we all wanted them to just be the Face Four Horsemen and compete in singles while remaining a team of BFFs, but that was never going to happen because of the number one issue with the roster right now, the lack of credible top-card heels outside of Bray, Triple H and Lesnar. This is why we had the Kane feud that everyone whined about. Breaking up the Shield was the only solution they've got, and it was the right one.

this but with beer

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Deadpool posted:

Last two segments saved that Raw. Well at least from what I saw of the rest. I expected Dean and got Seth. I'm very happy with that.

I'm actually pretty excited since this probably means Seth is going to be getting a push, and the man deserves it before he breaks himself jumping off poo poo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Intruder posted:

BRAVO
OSCAR
OSCAR
OSCAR
OSCAR
OSCAR
OSCAR
OSCAR
OSCAR

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Intruder posted:

"Stairs? You guys can go gently caress yourselves."

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

weekly font posted:

It's time to Bo-lieve in the Shield.

I've got some Bad News, for the COO, and his DOO. God Save Ah Shield.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
this shield breakup made me rewatch the payback fallout show. Nothing really screams breakup from that show. I'm guessing that they are gonna say that Rollins was fed up with stagnating and wanted more than just being apart of a three man crew. And of course, HHH can push Rollins to the moon cause he's the boss.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Static Rook posted:

I like my wine in boxes and my beer in cartons. DON'T JUDGE ME YOU DON'T KNOW MEEEEEE

There are some good boxed wines! Black Box, Sant Evasio, Bota, etc...

weekly font posted:

wwe has no problem with Cool Heels

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

poo poo like this really makes me miss JR. Everything just sounds less significant now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Rollins has to ditch The Shields ring gear now.

Batista just left, it all becomes so clear.

Tyler Blue.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Writer Cath posted:

*tears off colorful vest, storms away*

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/473668232885174272/photo/1

goddamn

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

sportsgenius86 posted:

poo poo like this really makes me miss JR. Everything just sounds less significant now

So true. Even if the crowd was dead for it, JR was a master of righteous indignation.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

These jokes never get tired.

Unlike Batista.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Reigns says don't trust anybody (paraphrased), Austin confirmed as new Shield member.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

hannah ‏@reignsxrollins 5m
@WWERomanReigns I'M CRYING SO HARD I LOVE YOU STAY STRONG BBY

(I'm hannah give me a follow)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Writer Cath posted:

So true. Even if the crowd was dead for it, JR was a master of righteous indignation.

It woulda been great to hear a nice "NO, DAMMIT! WHY SETH WHY!"

• Locked thread