Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Kukash posted:

Only if Bunny gets to join too.

His entire entouage joins. Still in costume, just all wearing body armour over it.

edit: bringing this over from the other thread because :regd08:

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

The best faction of the WWE died. :(
When did 3MB break up :confused:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

The best faction of the WWE died. :(

No they didn't, from the mouth of the architect himself.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TheEggsBenedict posted:

When did 3MB break up :confused:

Hornswoggle ran out on them, it may be over, unless they can pump him back up over his Hoganhair.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Sierra
Hotel
India
Echo
Lima
Delta

PARTY TIME, ALL THE TIME

Shoot, I'd be down

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So let's just say The Shield never reunites (my personal worst case scenario, but still). Do they go down as one of the best WWE stables ever?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So let's just say The Shield never reunites (my personal worst case scenario, but still). Do they go down as one of the best WWE stables ever?

Yeah. They're legit one of the best stables ever.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
You know, I hope this does result in Dean losing his loving mind Alicia Fox style, only instead of stealing JBL's hat he just beats him with a chair for an hour.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes. I just wish they had something that would have made them as legendary as the Horsemen or the NWO

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the ONLY part I really don't like is how sudden the turn was, but then again I suppose that increased the effectiveness. I just feel like they were SO over as a unit and I understand they hit their peak as a trio but I sorta saw The Wyatts winning the tag titles with Ambrose and Rollins feuding with them for the belts while Reigns feuded with HHH, then have the proper breakup at or just after Survivor Series or something.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, last night was literally the highest that The Shield could go as a team. Doing the breakup immediately after that makes more sense than dragging it out through another Wyatt feud or something.

I kind of get what you're saying, and agree to a point. I just have never got the wrestling logic of "I've spent all this time trying to kill this guy and vice versa and now I'll just join him out of the blue because reasons."

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The real reason why Seth broke from The Shield is, and shall forever remain, a mystery.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, here's a bright side! Assuming it happens someday, we'll never be farther from The Shield reuniting than we are right now. :unsmith:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
RIP Shield :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tkresuPx8

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hey guys, here's a bright side! Assuming it happens someday, we'll never be farther from The Shield reuniting than we are right now. :unsmith:

I know you're trying to cope with infinite sadness but if you're going to post this every few minutes the thread is going to become a very dark place very quickly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

I know you're trying to cope with infinite sadness but if you're going to post this every few minutes the thread is going to become a very dark place very quickly.

Okay okay, sorry. Point taken.

How 'bout that hilarious Rusev segment? That was loving awesome.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

What the hell is Dean looking at off-camera?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Retail Slave posted:

What the hell is Dean looking at off-camera?

Somebody dropped a cheeseburger is my guess. Believe in the 10 second rule.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I hope I get some cheesy Rollins promos that tie in to his architect title.

Rollins: I built the Shield, and I know exactly how to take it apart :smug:.

Given WWE's track record, I like my odds that I'll get dumb lines like that, and that makes me happy in these dark times.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I should have known something was up when Fake-Seth didn't show up for the photo-shoot!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To get away from my overwrought emoposting about The Shield, this is something totally unrelated (but still WWE related) that I meant to bring up as a topic of conversation before the end of Raw.

Bo Dallas and Rusev both seem like they're gonna be riding the "undefeated streak" thing for a while. What I genuinely don't know is, who the gently caress is gonna be the one to finally defeat each of them? Big E for Rusev maybe I guess, but what about Bo?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

what about Bo?

Bray.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bo Dallas and Rusev both seem like they're gonna be riding the "undefeated streak" thing for a while. What I genuinely don't know is, who the gently caress is gonna be the one to finally defeat each of them? Big E for Rusev maybe I guess, but what about Bo?

The answer to both is Brock Lesner. The man can't help but end peoples streaks.

Fang Blade Havoc
Jun 8, 2011

Luke what are you doing, stop that

SamuraiFoochs posted:

To get away from my overwrought emoposting about The Shield, this is something totally unrelated (but still WWE related) that I meant to bring up as a topic of conversation before the end of Raw.

Hubris.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bo Dallas will never lose, because any defeat you get up from is a form of victory. #Bolieve

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Rhonne posted:

MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED BO DALLAS' UNDEFEATED STREAK AT SUMMERSLAM

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

Brock killing Bo would be the best thing in history and I hate you for making me think of it because it's probably never gonna happen.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I come home and read the recap, and now my heart is broken.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Brock killing Bo would be the best thing in history and I hate you for making me think of it because it's probably never gonna happen.

Bo Dallas and Paul Heyman in a feud is just too good for this lovely world we live in.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm imagining Bo coming to the ring on the next night's Raw, arm in a sling, ribs taped up, maybe a bandage covering one eye, to deliver his usual style of promo on Brock and Heyman

I can't stop laughing

A Bo Dallas v. Brock Lesnar feud is suddenly the #1 wrestling thing I want to see that'll never happen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: Oops, already posted

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm rolling for a double-agent Seth turn... or is it triple-agent? Just to finally get Hunter off their backs.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

I'm rolling for a double-agent Seth turn... or is it triple-agent? Just to finally get Hunter off their backs.

It would be double and I very briefly thought about that but that'd make a typical Russo swerve look expertly constructed. That'd make less than zero sense.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Is this a real human being? (Fan reacting to the turn)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZA5U5GsrCY

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Anal Surgery posted:

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

OKAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

YEAHHH

YEAHHHH

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Gonz posted:

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

OKAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

YEAHHH

YEAHHHH
TURN DOWN FOR WHAT

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anal Surgery posted:

Don't post videos from my YouTube account tia

Gonz posted:

YEAHHHHHHHHHH

OKAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

YEAHHH

YEAHHHH

I died laughing.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
LMAO a lady cried when Seth turned. Drunk people in front of me almost got into a fight over a Chris Benoit chant. Okay Raw. Glad they got the Shield breakup overwith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
It needed to happen, and it needed to happen before it got stale.

There's only so much you can do with a stable. No matter the entertainment value or notoriety. I think it does the Shield a lot of favors that it went out on top. The only stable they didn't really definitively conquer were the Wyatts, and the Wyatts were in their own, separate world after the initial clash at Elimination Chamber, but the Shield STILL managed one or two televised victories over them.

As much as I love the Shield booking (It has been exemplary and brilliant), I think it's reached its logical conclusion aside from a "The Shield: EXPLODE" angle. There's only so much of "Three guys in vests beat up a bunch of people" that fans can bear before they start the "boring" chants. I mean, they loving CRUSHED what was essentially WWE's final boss heel stable, ever. Where do they go from there, as a team? I'll admit a triple-powerbomb on Rusev would own for one night, but all three members are above the tag-team/IC/US titles, at this point. They're above the weird jingoistic poo poo the WWE sometimes resorts to with dudes like Rusev and Swagger. At this point, world title, or main event feuds, are the only way for them to progress.

I'm sad that the Shield are done, because they had some of the most consistently amazing trios matches ever, with basically any team that faced them. I am also happy the shield are breaking up, because we have three potential MEGA main-eventers on our hands, who, at this stage, can switch effortlessly between face, heel, and tweener status, just waiting to get thrown into some awesome PPV main events.

I like wrestling, guys.

• Locked thread