Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

maxallen posted:

I want to die.

this but with beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
My favorite thing about this shield nonsense is some of the bitching people are doing around the internet. I've seen a lot of "of course Vince would ruin the hottest thing he has going in his company I can't believe you marks are eating this bullshit up. gently caress WWE and gently caress the people who like his because you're marks"

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
Today I found out that reddit has a whole subforum dedicated to John Cena:

http://www.reddit.com/r/johncena

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I'd watch puro if it was edited with English graphics, English announcers, and subtitled promos

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
Backtracking to the sports entertainment vs indy wrestling vs puro, I found a gif that summarizes why I haven't watched indy wrestling since ROH's golden age which was coincidentally full of some of WWE's current top stars (and Joe/Punk):

besides the whole twelve superkicks per match argument, I'd say this sums up my "no, thanks"

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

NienNunb posted:

gently caress you.

Tell me why you like it :allears:

Edit: I have seen a few good Young Bucks matches, but this is the epitome of gratuitous indie spots IMO

Jason Funk fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 8, 2014

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

The_Rob posted:

And this is all I ask from people. Instead of going on some tirade against indy wrestling. Just admit that you aren't really interested in watching other wrestling. Indy wrestling isn't just one thing. It can be a crazy contrived spot fests. or it can be a slow ultra technical mat classic. It depends on the wrestlers involved.

I'd watch the poo poo out of slow technical mat classics, especially if they're full of beautiful suplexes and clavicle destroying chops.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

Fang Blade Havoc posted:

WWE Discussion is Why You're a Bad Person If You Don't Watch Other Promotions for 6/2

WWE Discussion is You Don't Watch ROH and PWG? Kill Yourself for 6/9

or unrelated;

WWE Discussion is BOOYAKA BOOYAKA for 6 DASH 9

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
The Rusev character would work with someone who wrestles like Kurt Angle and could talk well without a manager.

TL;DR: We need Russian Kurt Angle.

Bonus points if he spouts quotes from Rocky 4."If he dies, he dies"

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I do love that Rusev is basically Ivan Drago. Just not as cool and good looking. And his hair is worse.

But apart from that

It's obvious that's where it's headed.

Rusev=Drago

Cena or Bryan= Rocky

Every black man on the roster= Apollo

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
Reiterating that this week's new discussion thread should really be titled "WWE Discussion is BOOYAKA BOOYAKA for 6 SLASH 9"

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I don't care if it's the cool prograps nerd thing to be totally over CM Punk these days. We need him now more than ever. :colbert:

Jason Funk fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 9, 2014

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I just imagined Dixie Carter trying to convince Eric Young that she's a chiropractor and telling him how she needs to "adjust" his neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

EugeneJ posted:

I have never wanted El Generico to debut as a main eventer more than right now

What is Sami Zayn's gimmick anyways - Newsies Paperboy?

A third of the twenty something year old dudes from Portland - the wrestler

• Locked thread