Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm eating ice cream out of the carton and sobbing loudly at Backstage Pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

RIP Shield :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tkresuPx8

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Rollins and Dean will probably be put in the MITB and then Roman and Randy have a match. Then they'll do the big tag match at Battleground and at Summerslam finally get the Dean vs. Seth and Reigns vs. HHH match.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Niwrad posted:

What does joining a weaker stable and having less control in it offer? Batista cut a promo in the same show pointing out how being a member of Evolution wasn't helping him personally at all.

I'm fine with them splitting but there should have been a realistic reason in place for it (he gets a title shot, MITB entry, etc.).

Being in tight with the boss of the entire company has much more to offer for a young up and comer than it does for an already established star like Batista who has a lot more options and freedom.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

The best part of the Rollins turn was that about half a second before he hits Reigns with the chair, you hear a guy in the crowd yell :byodood: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

That was me. I wasn't in the arena at the time but my pain was heard through everyone's tv screen.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I still don't see how Seth turning and joining back up with HHH makes sense. Seth Rollins would have to be the dumbest man. Not only have Seth and Shield been trashing the Evolution, but they've been stronger than ever. Whatever reason HHH gave Seth to join Evolution doesn't make any sense because just earlier in the show Batista quit because Triple H never followed up on any of his promises to Batista. He'd do the same with Seth too. That and the whole reason Seth and the Shield have been fighting with HHH is because he betrayed and punishing them from Elimination Chamber to Payback with the Wyatts, Kane and the Outlaws, and himself and Batista/Orton. This all was 5 months ago and the commentary team brings it up too. I know WWE isn't actually thinking about any of this but it's all right there as why Seth joining up with HHH again is stupid.

Secret plan.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Seth Rollins is actually a secret double agent and he'll actually turn his back on Evolution and be best buds again with Reigns and Ambrose. Just you wait.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

fatherdog posted:

Cena vs Bryan also sold terribly so I'm not sure they're going to be in any hurry to repeat it.

I think it would be different this time because Bryan is truly actually established as a top guy to the audience and has even more crowd support than he had last year. Even then he was just getting out of Hell No and starting to get going at the top. Now he's DANIEL BRYAN, WrestleMania main eventer, established best wrestler in the company and true Peoples Champion, going against The Guy for another round.

Or I could be wrong, they fail to make it interesting outside of "these two guys are havin a match" (which obviously would be great, just to a smaller group of people) and it underwhelms again.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

It was like this gif except Deano getting curbstomped onto the chair :(

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

and anyway this is getting way off topic so how do y'all feel about John Cena

Tonight he took a DDT onto a metal barricade, a cross body through a table and a Sister Abigail and he won.

John Cena rules.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not and I don't want to watch smackdown to find out.

John Cena is my Del Rio. Whenever he shows up my eyes glaze over.

Nah, this was a house show.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Jorts are the only shorts with functional pockets whose contents won't spill into every couch or chair in which you sit.

Maybe John Cena just likes to keep his keys where they belong without rocking a fanny pack.

I totally wear jorts.

this explains so much

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

How fun are Wwe house shows? One is coming here next weekend.

I went to one last night and they are fun. The wrestlers are a lot more relaxed and get to cut promos about how much your local sports team sucks. Or how the Miz is Hollywood and refuses to be hit in the face. You might also get to see Nikki Bella and Eva Marie vs. Rosa Mendes and Aksana.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

If John Morrison showed up to be the third member of the Shield, I will officially give up on the Shield.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Figure Four Weekly reported that the plan for Money in the Bank is likely Seth vs Dean, Reigns vs Orton. Then you can swap those for Battleground.

Seth vs. Orton and Dean vs. Reigns? :ohdear:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Sex Robot posted:

My favourite things right now are Rusev and Bo Dallas. 2 wrestlers who they are turning into streak based win machines to try and get them over/heat and try as they might they cannot get the audience to give any semblance of a gently caress.

Rusev is getting heat and people are starting to chant USA loudly at him so it's working exactly as intended.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Sting might actually be the lamest professional wrestler to ever exist. Like even lamer than Kane.

Yeah except Kane rules

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

From Observer front page:

Dang, this new kayfabe is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

I have never wanted El Generico to debut as a main eventer more than right now

What is Sami Zayn's gimmick anyways - Newsies Paperboy?

Babyface who actually acts like a babyface.

• Locked thread