Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's the problem, everyone here is trying to one up each other and pretend they don't care, instead of trying to form Gamer friendships. You loss, I guess, but if that's the kind of forum you want then don;t blame me when it withers away into dust. *shrugs*

YCS had (has?) a true sense of "communiy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
ycs is gone. it isn't coming back(to sa). every forum has to forge its own destiny in the crucible of time and posting.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
http://youtu.be/awVql5ckNTk

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's the problem, everyone here is trying to one up each other and pretend they don't care, instead of trying to form Gamer friendships. You loss, I guess, but if that's the kind of forum you want then don;t blame me when it withers away into dust. *shrugs*
Good.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Lol, i just noticed now that Lowtax waited the loss.jpg B^Uversary to close YCS.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

limaCAT posted:

Lol, i just noticed now that Lowtax waited the loss.jpg B^Uversary to close YCS.

thats weird, thats weird you know that date off the top of your head, and everyone already left the forum by the time lowtax closed it

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

elf help book posted:

thats weird, thats weird you know that date off the top of your head, and everyone already left the forum by the time lowtax closed it

Archives, bitch.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

limaCAT posted:

Thats possibly the most epic thing I've ever read in my life. You have my 5's... Lowtax, you glorious bastard.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
you are only true ddrd if most of your posts in ddrd are about how ddrd sucks balls compared to ycs

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Contra Calculus posted:

you are only true ddrd if most of your posts in ddrd are about how ddrd sucks balls compared to ycs

Alas! Most of the epic burns in ycs that were stored in .gif format are lost to time because they were still hosted on loving waffleimages, so we can think we can overcome our nostalgia for a past that will never return and create the future of gaming posting in a popular forum from a comedy site from a blank slate.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Contra Calculus posted:

:thumbsup:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

lol

Dec 26, 2012

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
what is the difference between ycs and byob or whatever

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

your mom

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

BYOB is two tiers shittier somehow

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yix Byob is my favorite Star Wars EU character

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

elf help book posted:

its really cool that they were making threats about closing ycs to a completely dead forum since everyone jumped ship lol.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Alas! Most of the epic burns in ycs that were stored in .gif format are lost to time because they were still hosted on loving waffleimages, so we can think we can overcome our nostalgia for a past that will never return and create the future of gaming posting in a popular forum from a comedy site from a blank slate.
one of the few things i remember about YCS was that Requiem for a Dream poster that was edited by spambot to make fun of contards

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

its really cool that they were making threats about closing ycs to a completely dead forum since everyone jumped ship lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
YCS rebranded itself as a bus company in NYC

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ticle-1.1048530

We can now put this to rest.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls