Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Hey, how's it going thread?

C. Just go observe the thing. Voting B, although I'd like to, just seems silly as we have no idea if it would work. I'm pretty sure conversation isn't Morgan's go-to solution though, and there's little else to choose in the absence of any further information, so ... let's go get some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Did you hear about the two peanuts walking down the street?

one was a salted.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
C. Observe

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

You walk through the countryside on the southern outskirts of the city. Winter has ended and the day is pleasant, it doesn’t take you long to reach the lake.

Its more of a large pond than a lake, there is a small fence that blocks it from the country lane you are walking on. You have a good look around but no sign of a ghost appears anywhere. You and Mr B settle in and wait for something to happen.

You wait for about an hour before you see another person, a man pulls up in his car and gets out. All while screaming down his phone.

“YOU ARE NOT TAKING THE KIDS MARGARET!”

There is a mumbling from the phone.

“I DON’T CARE WHAT YOUR LAWYERS SAID I EARN ALL THE MONEY! I PROVIDE FOR YOU ALL! YOU DON’T GET TO LEAVE ME!”

More mumbling.

“Look Margaret I’m sorry for shouting but you can’t leave me baby you are all I have.”

You can make out a clear “gently caress you!” from the phone.

“WELL gently caress YOU TOO BITCH!”

With that the man throws the phone into the lake. He punches the fence a few times and then looks around. He looks straight pass you and starts sobbing.

He cries for a while sobbing into his sleeve. Eventually he stops and stands up. “gently caress that bitch. Taking my money.Taking my Kids. I know what will make her really sorry.” With that he jumps the fence and walks down into the lake.

As he steps through the lake the water both moves in his wake and doesn’t. It doesn’t take long for him to drown, you look away and notice that the car he drove up in is now gone. You feel a little worse, despair is slowly starting to scratch at your chest.

You wait another hour and the car pulls up again. The Ghost goes through the motions again. The wording changes a little but the actions are the same, he shouts, he sobs, he drowns. You watch the routine throughout the day, he doesn’t come every hour some times its longer, the largest gap is three hours. It gets to early evening and you have spent the day sitting by the lake, you did bring some food with you but you haven't eaten. Despair and anger claw in your insides this is not the worst you have ever felt, but it is getting close.

[b]With the knowledge you have learnt thus far how do you plan to deal with the ghost?

You have read the basics of magic, You can ask questions of yourself and I will treat it like remembering the book.{/b]

An updated list of useful things you have on you. I cut out your clothing because it wasn’t needed.

Mr Belvedere

A small mirror lay you found on the factory floor.

A stick, burnt at both ends and a weaving pattern carved into it.
A jam jar containing the soul of Hatty.
The two pegs you found on the floor.
The small mirror you found on the floor.
The knife you claimed from the creature.

The bracelet given to you by Mrs Ennis.
A bottle with the face of a creature on the label. It is wrapped in string that is tied in a intricate knot by Charlie.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Offer to let Kreacher-inna-bottle eat the ghost in exchange for owing us another service.

The thing eats negative emotions; ghosts are basically pure negative emotions according to the druid.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

LLSix posted:

Offer to let Kreacher-inna-bottle eat the ghost in exchange for owing us another service.

The thing eats negative emotions; ghosts are basically pure negative emotions according to the druid.

I like this and support it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What does the book have to say about ghosts?

Stab the ghost while it's on its phone.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

LLSix posted:

Sounds good to me.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

LLSix posted:

This makes a good plan because we'll eventually stab and eat Dobby anyway, so fattening him up as an emergency food supply is the reasonable thing to do.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

LLSix posted:

+1

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LLSix posted:

+1

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

LLSix posted:

Yes

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LLSix posted:

Pretty much what I was thinking.

+1

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

LLSix posted:

+1

A feast for ol'kreacher it is!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

LLSix posted:

This makes sense, but we should ask for more than one service this time. We've got the upper hand here and its not like it was doing well for itself when we found it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Chatrapati posted:

This makes sense, but we should ask for more than one service this time. We've got the upper hand here and its not like it was doing well for itself when we found it.

That makes sense, I think I proposed something similar before. "Ok buddy, you can do this one thing and sod off, or you can vow to serve me an ride the gravy train of misery I'll be leaving in my wake. What's it going to be?"

If he just wants to GTF away from us I proposed we eat him, take his power and eat the misery-ghost ourselves.

v Correct! He knows what we did, if there was an issue he would have told us.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 12, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Outrail posted:

That makes sense, I think I proposed something similar before. "Ok buddy, you can do this one thing and sod off, or you can vow to serve me an ride the gravy train of misery I'll be leaving in my wake. What's it going to be?"

If he just wants to GTF away from us I proposed we eat him, take his power and eat the misery-ghost ourselves.

Our new mentor/boss never told us not to eat magical creatures we don't understand, right? So that's practically an endorsement to eat all the things.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Or he just assumed that we weren't stupid enough to keep doing it.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
He jumps to assumptions way, way too quickly then.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Indeed, a poor choice of wording on his part.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Any plans on continuing the game?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mike Gallego posted:

Any plans on continuing the game?

I certainly hope so. It has a real Dresden Files kind of feel to it.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Hey just wanted to say I'm enjoying this and hope its not over:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

I concur. Stay safe, crazy murder hobo ghost-eater lady!

• Locked thread