Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A
G

Yay, poverty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

A
G

Yay, poverty!

This seems like the best of a bad situation. One Vote for this.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Theglavwen posted:

Sigh, what a reasonable guy that Doreen was. Ah well, let's go on being a crazy hobo. We're probably working to usher in the end of the world or something anyway.

We're a character controlled by goons, of course we're going to do something horrible.

A,H

I'd go to the other altar, but there's a chance Mr.Smug might know about that one too.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

jng2058 posted:

We're a gardener and we serve life.

We're a gardener. Gardeners understand that for the right things to flourish, many many wrong things must die. :colbert: Then there's the blood meal, bone meal, compost, etc. Frankly gardeners are half a step away from necromancy at the best of times.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I feel hungry and frustrated.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
EG because we're kinda crazy

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
CG

Burning stuff on altars is fun!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ralith posted:

This. OM NOM NOM

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ralith posted:

This because I don't think we are all that functional after such a traumatic awakening.

Edit:

AND use our fingers to scoop out and eat the Hatty soul-jam from the jar.

Full throttle psychological breakdown.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 8, 2014

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Vavrek posted:

I feel hungry and frustrated.

Homeless and hungry. Maybe Hattie will possess one of the other passengers.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

You stand over the creature’s corpse, knife in hand, This is a creature built for fear, to paralyze its victims, but you weren’t paralyzed. You struck first, struck hard and overcame. Magic it seems is real; you are not really sure how it works but since awakening you can effect it. You think about the creature. It is powerful. How could you claim some of that power?

You kneel before the creature and slide the blade of its knife into its gut. You tug up, hard, cracking some ribs as you go. You withdraw the blade and wipe it on the creature. You roll up your sleeves and push your hand into the stomach, reaching for the heart. After a moment you feel something that feels the right shape. It take a few goes to pull it free from the body.

You put it too your mouth and tear a chunk out of it. It is disgusting, but you chew and swallow with conviction. Something has changed, you can feel it inside yourself. You look around; do the shadows look lighter? or is that just you?

You don’t know how eating the heart has affected you, but it undeniably has. You check the body of the creature for anything valuable, finding only the sheath for its blade. You take it and fasten it to the inside of your jacket making sure the blade is snug and secure. Whistling to Mr Belvedere, you make your way out of the factory with the soul of your friend in a jar in your bag, leaving the rest of the corpse to rot on the floor.

As you make you way down the streets of the city you come to realise how much you have changed. There is an echo to the world, places where it distorts ever so slightly. You briefly see a man wearing clothes not of this era from the corner of your eye. But when you turn to look at him it was as if he was never there.

The most obvious change is the plant life. You look at a weed poking through the cracks of the pavement and feel its strength, its tenacity. It is brighter than it should be. Seeming to glow from the inside out.

There aren't many people out at the moment, its getting into late evening, But you do see a man from across the street, and he is almost blinding. His glow is so strong, you look to his head and see his mind. Flashes of colour and things that could be described as images, if you were to squint, are projected from him.

You turn away from him, looking to the sky and up there towering in the clouds is Humanis, You have to concentrate to focus on Him/Her, you miss the feeling of Her/His touch. You look away. It is almost to sad to look at Humanis.

Its getting dark and you need a place to crash for the night. You know Hatty has one of her smaller shrines in an abandoned cinema. No one is ever there, you know it will be quiet. Hopefully you will be able to sort your head out and think about how you are gonna get yourself out of this mess there.

You break in and get yourself set up for the night. You finish the last of the food you have in your satchel. You are just so tired and it has been a very busy day. You fall asleep as soon as you close your eyes.

You wake to a noise. Someone swearing not far from you. You slide the knife from its sheath and slowly move into a crouch, making as little noise as possible. Its very dark you have no way of telling time at the moment but it feels like its been a few hours - it must be the middle of the night. In the darkness you can see two figures moving and the more you concentrate the clearer they become. Too clear in fact; you can almost see them as plain as day, even though its pitch black.

You shake your head, mustn’t get side tracked. Its two people; a man and a woman. You have never seen them before. The woman is young, in her early twenties and she is dressed slightly punky enough to be different but not too different. The man is about the same age and is incredibly beautiful, so much so that you have a hard time taking your eyes off him.

You pull your eyes from him - these could be some of Doreen’s people. You ready the knife in your hand and you…

A: Shout “Who goes there?”
B: Shout “Oi! Who the gently caress are you?”
C: “Hello?”
D: Sneak up and stab the Woman in the gut.
E: Sneak up and stab the Man in the gut.
F: Break the stick and run!
G: Run away quietly.
H: Keep quiet and see what they do.

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 8, 2014

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

More information is required. It could just be a couple of kids who want a quiet place to shag. No reason to get all murdery if we don't have to. Besides, with Hattie dead/a soul in a jar, it's likely that whatever protections she maintained over her shrines are breaking down.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Oh man. B is so tempting. Delicious B.

However, I'll go with keeping quiet. That way if we have to kill them later it will be easier. H.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Pretty cool that eating the monster heart lets us see in the dark. We should eat more hearts.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
H. Let's see what they're up to before we take any actions. We still have the stick, if this does become an emergency, we can always use it.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
As tempting as murder is, let's be calm and prepared here.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
H sounds nice and wholesome.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
H. We shouldn't start a fight we don't know that we'll win. We should, however, make this heart eating thing a habit.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Vavrek posted:

As tempting as murder is, let's be calm and prepared here.

Yup.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Oh sure, the 11ft tall giant with god-like magical powers who was raised in a culture of cannibalism can't eat a drat heart ever, but some random homeless gardener girl can? What the hell, goons? :colbert:

F. Run away! People are scary!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Slaan posted:

Oh sure, the 11ft tall giant with god-like magical powers who was raised in a culture of cannibalism can't eat a drat heart ever, but some random homeless gardener girl can? What the hell, goons? :colbert:
The trick is to lock in the horrific conventions early on. Plus, we're canonically messed up in the head already.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Slaan posted:

He was never homeless. This girl needs all the demonic protein she can get.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Slaan, don't leave me, baby. Every time I was with El, I was thinking of you! I had hoped this would be a safe place, a place for us, so we could start over.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

C: “Hello?”

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
H sounds good.

Probably something up with that dude, but we should wait and see if he's something more that a boy band member.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
E - Stab him in the guts, then eat his guts.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Do we have any idea what/who Humanis is? Do we have any comprehension of its nature?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

A Terrible Person posted:

Do we have any idea what/who Humanis is? Do we have any comprehension of its nature?

Humanis is massively huge, feet on the earth head in the clouds huge. Both obviously female and obviously male. You can see him/her through buildings as though she/he was over-laid on the top of your vision.

You know that humanis keep you safe from magic and also kept you blind to it. He/she has done so since you were born.

Humanis can not see you anymore. And humanis seemed to be very angry when she/he lost connect with you, smashing the first creature you saw into a fine pulp.

Humanis was your third parent, one that loves all his/her children. And you feel a massive lose now she/he is blind to you.

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 9, 2014

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
As long as Humanis is blind of us, will it mind our inevitable acts of violence and depravity? Or would acting in a certain manner/morality please him/her more and/or return us to his/her sight?

*edit* Whoa, that was a mess.

What I meant was: does Humanis have a moralty system? Is obeying it helpful? Is there anything we can do to return to its sight? Is doing so beneficial to us?

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 9, 2014

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

A Terrible Person posted:

As long as Humanis is blind of us, will it mind our inevitable acts of violence and depravity? Or would acting in a certain manner/morality please him/her more and/or return us to his/her sight?

*edit* Whoa, that was a mess.

What I meant was: does Humanis have a moralty system? Is obeying it helpful? Is there anything we can do to return to its sight? Is doing so beneficial to us?

Humanis is not a god (probably?) and loved you no matter what terrible thing you did. You were in a war zone three times, and some nasty poo poo did go down. There was no judgement there.

You felt loved by humanis all your life.
But can only tell that now she/he is gone.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

H No need to be rash. We're a loving ugly PTSD-addled wounded warrior, they should be afraid of us not the other way around.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Angela Christine posted:

H No need to be rash. We're a loving ugly PTSD-addled wounded warrior, they should be afraid of us not the other way around.

How do you think we survived several times in a warzone? Knowing how to duck, dodge and run away smartly.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Slaan posted:

I was thinking about Diog's thread when reading the last update, too.

Anyway, b seems a good idea.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
B. We're clearly nuts already, but I don't know if we're random stabbing nuts just yet. Let's go with just kinda nuts.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Beligerance

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

D then stab the dude too and eat their hearts.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

You stand quiet, holding you place waiting to see what the couple do.

"This is where the trail leads" said the woman.

“are you sure, its awful gross in here” said the man.

“quit your bitching Terry, it ain't that bad. Though it does stink like murder most foul in here”

“I told you to stop calling me that”

“I ain't calling you Ricardo that name is dumb as poo poo, it makes you sound like a poofy fae fucker”

All the noises that the couple are making wakes the dog. As he stirs you place a hand on his head to keep him quiet. He flinches? He has never flinched with you before? you give a stroke to calm him and face the couple. Mr Belvedere is not the smartest dog in the world but he is a street dog, he knows when it is best to keep quiet.

You stalk your prey… no, you follow the couple listening to them try to discern why they are here.
They are both carefully picking their way through the cinema, slowly making their way to you.

“We’re close” said the Woman

“are you sure we want to be here?”

“Grow some loving balls, this the most exciting thing to happen in since forever!”

“Whatever we are tracking went toe to toe with a Dorag. A loving Night Stalker Charlie!” said the Man “Not only did it gently caress it up, it loving gutted it and ate the loving heart!”

“Oh relax, I'm charmed up to gently caress ain't nothing that I’m scared of right now” The woman said as if she believes it. “anyway we know it’s a new awakened or Humanis wouldn't have thrown that massive hissy fit.”

“Just because its a newly awakened doesn't mean it’s not dangerous.”

“Please, how long we been doing this? I would like to see the newly awakened that could gently caress with us”

“The type of newly awakened that killed a Dorag and then ate it’s heart maybe?”

“Shut up”

They are getting close now, but you stand your ground. The one you know as Charlie stumbles through the dark, looks up and see’s you. She practically shits herself right there. She trips back and falls on her arse. Terry (Ricardo?) see’s you a moment later and lets out a little scream. You loom forward, murder in your eye. God it would be so easy to slit their throats, feel their blood drip through your fingers. They are so powerless in this moment you could just…….

You give your head a little shake, the murderous intent clears. These people are no threat to you. They lie cowering on the floor. You sheath your knife pulling your jacket back over it.

Charlie digs through her pockets draws something out. She makes to put it against her mouth. You give her hand a swift boot, the object flies under a half rotten seat. You step on her hand.

Mr Belvedere has circled round and is now growling in the man’s ear. He has gone a terrible shade of white.

They are close enough now to get a real good look at them, although the man is still hard to look at... Well to stop looking at.

The one known as Charlie.

The one known as Terry(Ricardo?)

Charlie winces in pain, “gently caress, dude! Don’t loving kill us!” You just stare at her, she tries to meet your stare but can’t hold it. “We were just loving around, seeing what the gently caress was going on. I finally got to use some of my spirit tracking skills you know.” she’s babbling “you left a trail a loving mile wide, I couldn't help myself!”

“Yeah we don’t mean any harm at all” said Terry(Ricardo?)

Do you?

A: Gut the fuckers were they stand!
B: God wouldn't their blood feel so good!
C: Seriously loving kill them already!
D: KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL!
E: What the…
F: Something is hosed up here.
G: Back away from the couple, whistle for Mr Belvedere and run.
H: Back away from the couple but stay.

You can ask the couple any questions now

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 9, 2014

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Questions:
What the gently caress was that 'Dorag' thing? What's a spirit tracker? And who the gently caress are you?

E: What the…
F: Something is hosed up here.

They seem dumb. Like the kind of people who get killed. Not the kind of people who do killing.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Terry is a pretty man.

F.

They need to start talking now. Tell them to assume we know nothing and to start talking as we are really, really pissed off right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Brandish the demon knife, making sure to keep both of them in view at all times.

"So fuckers, you'd like to see a newly awakened that can gently caress with you? Pleased to meet you. Now explain why I shoudln't eat YOUR hearts if you're so dangerous to me, huh? Because I haven't killed and eaten someone in hours and I'm getting peckish..."

• Locked thread