Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Oh my... :allears:

I hope Kerry Bishé gets another show soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Sucrose posted:

Holy cow! Apparently, everything I thought I knew about TV ratings is wrong.

Edit: So it sounds like Halt and Catch Fire actually had much better Live+7 ratings than Low Winter Sun, even though you wouldn't have guessed so by the published numbers. What I think I'm gonna take away from this is that with DVR viewing being unpredictable, the ratings for cable shows are so opaque that there's not much point in predicting show renewal or cancellation, unless it's obviously some monster hit.

This is exactly why the TVbytheNumbers guys don't predict cable show renewals/cancellations. Cable network ratings are less useful metrics for success than profits from retransmission fees and selling shows to foreign markets at this point. It would be interesting to see how this would have played out if AMC didn't have The Walking Dead to use as a big stick when negotiating fees with cable/satellite companies.

• Locked thread