Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suztan
Jul 4, 2012

unlimited shrimp posted:

I don't think AMC really gets that high concept plots only work if the characters are interesting. Make me care about the characters and I will care about their problems. I'm not going to care just because the actors are emoting.

So far this episode turned Donna into an interesting character in her own right, but yeah, the main three characters are basically cardboard cutouts. We're only on the third episode so I'm hoping things get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

One of the best scenes in the series thus far was the 'boss' calling everyone in to tell him how to get out of the cave.

The show seems to be at its best when it's not concerned about the plot, which is the its greatest weakness just because it relies so heavily on Joe and Cameron being terrible. Cameron's pretty enjoyable when she's chumming with her coworkers and not being the 'tortured punk genius'.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

"That shoe you're sitting on came all the way from Italy."

Classy, Joe.

• Locked thread