Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

ApexAftermath posted:

I really enjoyed the first episode but I'm a sucker for everything they are stylistically going for in this show anyways. Those opening credits are loving great.
here is some behind the scenes for the opening credits.

There are some character problems in the pilot. I like how Gordon Clark was fleshed out, Cameron seems like a cliched after thought at this point.

Seeing as how it is 1982/83(?) in the show, doesn't that mean IBM clones are right on the horizon? Like end-of-this-season kind of soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

feedmegin posted:

Well...yes. That's the point. These guys are coming up with the first IBM clone. They're sort of a fictional version of Compaq.

just seems like a rather early plot milestone, that's all. I guess given Cameron's responses in the start of the pilot they could move on to internet stuff if they survive their first season.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
I want to like this show but they are trying way to drat hard when it comes to the insane salesman angle.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

unlimited shrimp posted:

Everything's moving super fast plot-wise and it seems like they'd rather show Frantic Cameron montages than dramatize her work.
This is particularly disappointing to me. I struggle to compare it to Mad Men because that's entirely out of this show's league, but Mad Men knew how to make things I would have no understanding (or care) about and turn them into best moments on TV. Will he/won't he sign a contract, pitches about pantyhose and slide projectors, those were all great moments because we knew exactly what was at stake.

It feels like whoever is writing the computer stuff and whoever is writing the cunning business stuff don't quite understand each other on this show.

passionate dongs fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 20, 2014

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
The less this show tries to hit melodramatic moments, the better. The meeting wasn't so bad, the video game stuff was funny, and I like goon patrol.

Please keep this tone, show. Don't start off next week with shirtless Joe screaming at the sky during a thunderstorm.

• Locked thread