Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

A good alternate FF challenge would've been either the standard line-up OR Spider-Man+Hulk+Ghost Rider+Wolverine, really.

fookolt posted:

What are people's thoughts on team-ups to aim for?
Falcon's got a passive +crit and Magik has a heal attack (and +summoned ally damage), Spider-Man has +dodge and Firestar, I dunno, sets stuff on fire a lot. Everyone has a +DR passive except for Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

bonds0097 posted:

They don't have in-game F4 costumes though, other than Ghost Rider...

FF is Future Foundation, not Fantastic Four.
Spider-Man's got Bag Man, doesn't he? But yeah, granted on the other points. RIP, what if team.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Burginator posted:

Strange and Nightcrawler feel, to me, like the most unique playstyle dudes. Strange gets you in this weird kind of rhythm gameplay that's a ton of fun.
After levelling Cyclops and Cable and Colossus back to back to back, Dr. Strange was and is like a beautiful perfect angel delivered from Harmonix to make me ignore everything on screen but my icon bar and just roll my hand back and forth across the keys in time with the music of the spheres.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Harlock posted:

Is Doctor Strange still good? That's all I care about
I'm level 40something with him and the new skill point balancing let me max out another button already. Even if his numbers overall went down "at all," stuff's still dying too fast for me to care.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So what's the Anniversary cake drop, the usual event lootsplosion? Considering how much other "find someone you like and dump it all on them" stuff we've already gotten today (Ult tokens, L20/60 uniques) I'm debating whether to save it for someone later on or not.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Which would you guys say would level faster, DP or Storm? I want to finally get a 60 so I can get the xp bonus and level someone I find fun (luke, Taskmaster) and both of these are at 37.
Unless their numbers were dramatically rejiggered by the patch, Storm's got better AoE which means more kills / faster LQ completion most of the time (outside of bosses) and Deadpool's got a teleporter for faster getting-to-the-boss.

So, probably Storm. Although DP's synergy is probably better to have around in general.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

One person getting all the tokens feels like a very Gaz bug, though. Like it's the perfect intersection of "why would this happen" and "this is incredibly obvious how this happened."

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Nice writeup, this will be useful thanks. Invisible Woman is also a beast now. Extra skillpoints, skill consolidation and the Resonating Wave megabuff combine for hilarity. 2015 is apparently an age of Fantastic Four supremacy, or at least an age of the Fantastic Four being released from the basement.
Meanwhile, Human Torch has been up in the sky for ages, just laughing at the plebes.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Almost to 60 with Cyclops. I'll probably spend a day or two checking out the 60 content w him or Captain America then on to the next one. Not sure who to play next. Here is who I have, and am interested in: Deadpool, Iron Man, Nightcrawler, Rocket Raccoon. Suggestions?
Nightcrawler is stupid crazy fun. Do you want to be in the next room? Press the button. You are in the next room. Do you want all of the enemies to be in one spot so you can drop multiple AoEs on them? Press the button for that. They are now there. Now they are dead. Now you are at the boss. Now it is dead. You have never taken damage.

Nightcrawler.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Diabetic posted:

I've got 400 splinters burning a hole in my pocket. I've already got the Advance Pack and I'm only missing Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Rocket Raccoon, and Luke Cage so the question is: Is there a surprise hero this week/month or should I go ahead and just get Phoenix/Rocket?
Silver Surfer, if he's still a "surprise," I guess? Supposed to be a 400.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Harlock posted:

Let us show both XP and Omega XP bars Gaz.
Or as you're levelling just map the next Omega XP breakpoint as a blue bump on the regular XP bar. Something to keep me from obsessively slamming V every few quests.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cacodad posted:

Someone choose for me because I am a child incapable of making decisions.
Colossus is a shouty stompy metal baby. You have already decided without knowing it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

fookolt posted:

Oh...What exactly are Taskmaster toggles? I saw them posted in here once.
He has 4 activated "stance" skills, 2 of which can be up at a time:
-Captain America: Gives you a block (all attacks) chance, +HP, regen, and a chance on using a skill to get a shield that blocks the next X damage. Makes you surprisingly tanky.
-Hawkeye: Attack speed, Ranged DR, Brutal Strike, chance to inflict a bleed. Does a ton of damage, makes you a long-range blender.
-Spider-Man: Minimap sight, Move Speed, Projectile Deflect Change, +Spirit, change to restore spirit on hit. Your caster-y stance.
-Daredevil: Dodge, Melee DR, Tenacity (lol), change to regen health on hit. Your melee damage stance.

So you'd think "yeah! If I'm ranged I go Hawkeye/Spider-Man, right?" No. No you don't. You go Hawkeye/Cap because Cap makes you not die to a stiff breeze on someone whose only defensive tool otherwise is 10% damage negation on his movement skill. No clue what you do for melee, Taskmaster uses guns for his ranged basics so I never looked back once I started executing mooks with a pistol. Also his Hawkeye skills are better than Hawkeye's actual skills. Taskmaster owns.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tumbleweed Chingada posted:

The Random box gave me Emma Frost! Thanks for the advice! Do the story quests still give out shards if you play through on a higher difficulty with the same hero or with a different one? Any shard farming tips?
Splinters only come from end of prologue / end of Act 8 the first time you do them per account, BUT the good/bad news is that splinter drops themselves are coded to scale their drop chances up until you're guaranteed to get one every, what, 8 minutes?

So just keep playing the game, doing anything with any character, and you'll just get splinters all the dang time. Sometimes it'll be from a chest. Sometimes from a boss. Sometimes you won't even know because it's a random enemy you tagged in Midtown that died 3 screens over and now the game is helpfully providing you a callout on the border of the screen pointing you back to it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tanreall posted:

But they already have this system with specific unique items and artifacts dropping off terminal bosses. This isn't unexpected or breaking away from what they have already been doing.
The difference people are mentioning is probably that you don't need to rely on the basic competence of 9 or 19 or whatever many other people to get those.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Good Citizen posted:

Xdef defender tokens are still broken and now the authentication server is hosed.
Assuming they weren't, how would I be getting the drat things? I've literally never seen one in X-Def despite running it for the past 20 levels and being the first to open the chest half the time.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

malhavok posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be something going on for the weekend?
They put out two patches and the servers are somehow up. Happy anniversary?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Grootfall is the tech change for pet setup such that pressing the summon groot key for rocket willl make an existing groot instead leap to a point instead of just resummoning.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hopefully the Shared Quests tomorrow don't include Defender Tokens, because I went the entire day without seeing any, again. At least Dr. Strange is almost 60 and I've gotten a fair number of uniques out of the hope-and-prayer grind.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Toshimo posted:

It's gonna be 5 PvP tokens. :getin:
Hey, at least then it's something I know I'm not going to bother trying to see.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So are the Eidolon Warwear and Mort's Spring Shoes good for anyone, or did my anniversary 60-chest just drop a steaming load on me? (the other 3 items were Blue Mage Suits, for my Dr. Strange, who already had one).

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Carados posted:

How do I Doctor strange?

Here's how I do it. Cosmics are a joke. The One-Shot is a joke. X-Defense is an orb-collection simulator bolted onto a rhythm game.

Max:
Winds of Watoomb
Flames of the Faltine
Icy Tendrils of Ikthalon
Vapors of Valtorr
Crimson Bands of Cyttorak
Dreamwalking
All-Seeing Eye

1-Point:
Orb of Agamotto
Shield of the Seraphim
Seven Rings of Raggadorr
Ancient Training
Seal of the Vishanti

Dump leftovers into:
Demons of Denak
OR
Seven Suns of Cinnibus

I put my max powers on my bar (plus your dump choice) and a toggle-key. All the 1-points go on a toggle key. 3 powers, (RMB power)(toggle-key to something)(RMB the toggled power), Winds of Watoomb, repeat. Throw Vapors of Valtorr out when you've got a ton of folks to hit or on CD, but try to be throwing out Winds as your 5-stack. Drop the Seal when you're at 4 stacks and hit All-Seeing Eye. Keep rolling through your powers constantly so you're always getting that extra 50% Dreamwalking buff, especially when your Eye is rolling around fatly nuking poo poo.
If you find yourself taking damage, blink out of things and put up Shield + Seven Rings and weave them into your rotations until you're at full HP and nothing else is.

Gear: Right now I'm using his Uniques, because 4 of them dropped right when I hit 60.
Attilan relic. You do Area damage, that's what you do. And you already have healing so you don't need piddly Lemuria bumps.
Pluvian/Danger AI Chip/Advanced Amulet of Agamotto/Power Prism.
Might swap the Power Prism for an AdvMeta, but god drat the area radius is nice and it's not like you don't already do infinite damage.
Wizard Medallion
You probably want DR on your costume but mine's got CDR from before the patch. Things still die instantly.

Congratulations, you're alive and nothing else is. By the Something of Somebody, you've done it, Master of Mysticism.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

fookolt posted:

God drat, I don't know if I really want to play Dr. Strange or never play him.
You really, really do.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If you want to see a game where they actually do patch to punish whatever characters are popular at the time and/or viable strategies for playing the game, hop over to the Marvel Puzzle Quest thread and come back grateful that Marvel Heroes doesn't make you pay $5 for a random hero box that only lets you level up by 5 or 6 levels each time to unbox the same person.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Does the upgrade-to-40 recipe NOT involve burning a material that doesn't ever / extremely rarely in the last few months drops like the 50/60 ones?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Xachariah posted:

*narrows eyes* Yes... it does... not. It's just those essences that are like 2 or 3 tiers down from pure and about 100k credits. It's cheap and doable. 50 and 60 require unstable molecules.
Oh ok, that's significantly less-terrible advice then.

I miss when Unstables dropped, though. I had like 8 from my first 60 hours or so of play and I haven't gotten any in the last 100some.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

FutureCop posted:

If it helps, I realize "ranged" is very broad, so let's tone it down to "ranged with a gun" (Cable, Punisher, Black Widow, Taskmaster). I'm leaning towards Taskmaster and Black Widow since I have enough eternity splinters for them. Would one of them work better for generally solo ranged play? By solo, I guess I mean survivability; some heroes seem to be glass cannons that need a specific setup, or a team member to take the heat off of them, for them to really come into their own. I'm looking for a jack-of-all-trades that can fit in generally everywhere, even if it means they aren't terribly powerful. And it doesn't have to be completely ranged either: I like the idea of basically ranged attacks, but then going into melee range for a killer blow, and then zipping back out.
You want Taskmaster. He's surprisingly beefy with Cap stance up (which you should have as your secondary behind the Hawkeye stance), and if you decide you want a melee guy, boom. You've got one.

He's a jack of all trades and actually good at it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Neurolimal posted:

Marvel Heroes 2016: Just Buy Thing/Taskmaster/Strange
/Colossus

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The substance abuse problem you'd develop over the course of playing Cyclops to Cosmic 60 would have to be real bad.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

This is a stupid question but I have to ask, if this week's patch won't have any Silver Surfing, is there any indication it will at least have working Defender Token drops? I mean I know we won't know FOR SURE until like 6 pm Friday when they deploy it, but.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I don't trust the next patch surprise to be "Shared Quests are all working now and we didn't accidentally turn off any story mode quests again" let alone anything new.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

jubelio posted:

This is legit how I look when I play him

Dr. Steves dont look at their targets anyway.
I look at my targets, because my targets are the Mysticism bar and the active on my RMB.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Madcosby posted:

I wasn't reading comics much until probably 2012; there's a Marvel Comics official app that lets you read a small selection of free comics. (It's a great app for reading comics on your phone too, wish it had a larger selection of free stuff). Anyways, One of the free comics is the 9/11 Spiderman issue.

I can't imagine how I'd have felt reading that for the first time right after 9/11, but reading it for the first time in 2014 is the loving funniest poo poo you'll ever read in your life. If you haven't read the comic yet, do yourself a favor and read it. I think my eyes almost rolled out of my head every panel.
Is that the one where Dr. "I skinned my girlfriend to make a suit to defeat THAT BLASTED RICHARDS" Doom cries about how 9/11 is Too Far, Man, or is that another comic's 9/11 issue?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Aww you can't post it without the dead-eyed Kingpin too.

Doctor Doom.

Doctor Doom.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kalli posted:

I haven't read many comics since the early 90's but I'm pretty sure NYC is destroyed or demonically possessed or conquered by Nazi snakes like at least once a year.
Stark Tower and the Baxter Building alone probably get reduced to smoldering rubble often enough that people don't bother having mail delivered there.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Harlock posted:

I will never get Doctor Strange's slot 2 unique. I am 0/30 on hero specific uniques.
Be strong, friend. I had 3 of every slot 1-4 unique on him, at 60, before I saw my first slot 5.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hero Tokens dropping again
Random server-side RIF/SIF boosts
Cosmic Doop always drops a Cosmic Ring + random Cosmic Medallion
Triple Omega Orb rewards from Shared Quests, free Omega Point for logging in every day

It's okay, Steam Sale games. I can always play you later.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

WarLocke posted:

So I got one of those random hero box codes last night but didn't actually open it until this morning. I got a fifth Hulk ultimate token.

What the gently caress, game? Seriously this isn't funny anymore, god drat.
Hey, at least it was for a good ult and not, say, Ghost Rider's.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MMAgCh posted:

I got a duplicate GR token a while ago. Been levelling him ever so slowly towards 52 like a complete sucker lately, but Christ what a complete pain in the arse it is. :negative:
The best part is that you can celebrate by using his ult and it will be less enjoyable than the entire 51 levels you ground up getting there (it is a bad ult).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

sicarius posted:

So I've been playing off and on (I can't grind like some). Daredevil, my very first hero, is 55 (nearly 56) and I am feeling really super excited about that. I haven't completed Heroic or SH storyline with him, just been doing the daily shared and LQs to level.

Any suggestions beyond "Do LQs, get Exp boosts, grind"?
Keep that up, but also pay attention to whatever has the Reaper bonus over the weekend event and go do stuff there for awhile. Even without an LQ, boosted villains in Midtown drop such an absurd shower of gifts and orbs that you're punishing yourself missing out on them.

• Locked thread