Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I can not wait to take Hawkeye in the raid tomorrow. All ya'll who have been hating lately will see that I'm right! Hawkeye is a middle tier hero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Zombie Samurai posted:

I really hope Groot Force is big enough that we don't have to schedule raids. God help us if someone spergs out a calendar.

No raid groups means no goofy raid group names though!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What is the server down for?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

my hearts, all ripped out by gaz and given to Rufiooo

how many hours was that rugio or did you just luck into them all

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

acumen posted:

So playing through the story mode for the first time is a little dull and seems considerably slower than just doing X-Defense. Is there any point in finishing it or should I just be doing terminal things?

You should do it once just to experience it. Afterwards, gently caress off and do Xdef/MM/LQs to level

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I was looking at the purple post up top for the patch notes and found this p. cool image instead. Note the Hawkeye.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

quote:

Patch Overview

The highlights of this week’s patch includes two more Raid Encounters, a Birthday Cake event, and many bug fixes and other changes based on player feedback and reports.
Event - Birthday Cake

To celebrate our anniversary month, Slices of Birthday Cake will be dropping in all game modes in Marvel Heroes! Collect 365 to turn them into the Special Events Vendor for a special Marvel Heroes 1st Birthday Cake (complete with a loot explosion inside!)
Hero Changes

“Resurrect” Powers

Jean Grey: Phoenix Reborn now has a 3 second animation when she resurrects and a cooldown timer in the buff panel

Ghost Rider: Infernal Will now has a 3 second animation when he resurrects, 2 seconds of invulnerability after resurrection, and a cooldown timer in the buff panel

Gambit: Cheat Death now has a 3 second animation when he resurrects and 2 seconds of invulnerability after resurrection

Moon Knight: Multiple Personalities now has a 3 second animation when he resurrects, 2 seconds of invulnerability after resurrection, and a cooldown timer in the buff panel

Emma Frost

Emma Frost: Diamond-Bladed Spin Kick and Diamond Crush now have the same radius for all damage components
Muspelheim Raid

Two new encounters have been unlocked! Players can now fight The Monolith and the Sisters of Magma by traversing through Muspelheim!

Players in a Raid Party/Group will receive an XP penalty if not in a Raid Zone.
Item Changes

Made the drop rates of X-Defense Defender medals more frequent.

Increased rewards of the Shared Quest daily bonus chest by adding overall more loot and credits,and increasing the chance for Uniques and Purple Team-Up Gear. Balloons will also pop out on opening.

Once per day for each Shared Quest, there will now be a 10% chance of getting another Omega Orb, and there Shared Quests will give more experience with the chance to drop extra orbs.

Unique Rings (including the Stone of Jordan) can be unbound through the Unbind any Unique recipe.

Cosmic Terminal bosses will drop slightly more loot.

Raid Bosses’ once a week loot has been improved.
Omega System Changes

Since we will be making various changes and bug fixes to the Omega System until it’s considered out of beta, we will be giving free respecs of your Omega Points account-wide with each patch for the next few weeks.

Omega Orbs now have more prominent VFX.

Human Augmentation: Goblin Formula cost changed to 150+10 Per Rank

Human Augmentation: Hyde Formula max ranks changed to 20

Human Augmentation: Deathlok Program repaired to scale by level and rank

Human Augmentation: Cybernetic Claws cost changed to 20+2 Per Rank

Nanotechnology: Mark 30 Extremis Armor summon damage increased by ~80%

Psionics: Melt Face and Telepathic Cloak have swapped locations.

Psionics: Legion max ranks changed to 10, individual personality proc chances changed to 0.01%, and cost changed to 150 then 175+25PerRank

Special Weapons: Tag Rounds tooltip corrected to match the actual bonus to critical hit rating and critical damage rating given per rank.

Special Weapons: Fury’s Needle Gun tooltip now shows the correct amount of damage it deals.
UI Changes

The menu options to show/hide player, boss, and pet overhead health bars should now function as intended in all regions.

New credits can now be viewed in the Credits menu to represent the end of the Asgard storyline. These credits contain spoilers for the defeat of Surtur motion comic so view at your own risk!
PVP Changes

In PVP game modes, overhead health bars should now disappear from hostile players when they enter stealth.

In PVP game modes, Psylocke should now appear invisible on hostile players' screens while stealthed.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where Team-Ups were being dealt too much damage while having Bodyguard enabled.

Fixed an issue where Team-Ups would display the incorrect amount of max health. This was simply a UI refresh error.

Fixed an issue with Moon Knight’s Synergy not providing Physical Crit Chance properly.

Human Torch: The initial hit of Scattering Blaze will now correctly trigger Fuel for the Flame.

Stealth will no longer be broken by health on hit core affixes or group buff powers, as intended.

Fixed an issue where Rocket Rex enemies would leave behind VFX elements permanently.

Spider-Man’s Spider-Brawl no longer incorrectly has the Area tag.

Toggle state of the XP bar will save its state during region changes.

Fixed an issue with trading that caused it to be disabled.

Fixed an issue where Nightcrawler’s Ultimate would target Power Cosmic hot spots.

Fixed an issue where level 20 Uniques box was not giving level 20 items.

Fixed issue with the Lady of the Sword runeword’s health on hit proc where it was not firing as often as it should.

Fixed an issue with Daredevil’s Apprehend where it would leave permanent visual effects while using the default costume.

Deadpool: Armor Buster now shows the correct amount of Critical Hit Rating.

Ghost Rider’s Penance Stare now correctly and irresistibly causes targets to cower.

Fixed an issue where Beta Ray Bill and Superior Spider-Man did not have purple ENHANCED text in the store UI.

Invisible Woman's Focus, Ms. Marvel's Photonic Energy, Jean Grey’s Phoenix Force and Psylocke's Psi Energy will no longer drain to zero on changing to a new zone.

Fixed an issue where Deadpool’s Shoot All The Bullets showed an improper unlock order.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Zeike posted:

RIP

What about him?

He is part of the duo that is first to get 1k kills in holosim hawkeye is now top tier

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Defender Tokens are still hosed. Don't waste time on Xdef.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

DrOgreface posted:

The inability of Gaz to have any idea how to set of the drop frequency of loot isn't as cute as it used to be.

It was never cute. At this point it's god drat insulting. I eagerly way Rylonir to say "NO REALLY IT IS FIXED" for weeks on end.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

How do they choose patch times anyway? I got home, sat down to play a bit and boom, patch time. My internet sucks too, so it still isn't finished.

Doesn't WoW patch exclusively on Tuesday or something specifically to minimize downtime?

You seem to think Gaz are competent

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Brevik admits Retcons, Unstables, Fortune Card drops broken and they've found and are fixing it live on Twitch stream:

Late Night Streaming Duo -Scotch, Cupcakes, Birthday Cake, CARDS, and maybe some levelingz.
thejunglequeen playing Marvel Heroes

Now if only they admit the first group of relics are messed up

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

ICR the new Hawkeye build is pretty awesome, there are some issues still though.

1. Spirit is still an issue

- River of Souls is good, but it doesn't help much on bosses. Lunar may be essential
- Hand of Nimrod might be worth trying, no idea what the internal cooldown is though.

2. You still have to brutal to do damage

Other then those 2 points, it's a very fun build, and a lot stronger then the previous ones.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

Boy do I have the comic for you

Oh my god this is perfect.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Nah man, it really is bad. Its a throwback style without any of the care or skill you might see in, say, Mike Allred's work.

You are an awful human being

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Kuhmondo posted:

How well geared does a character have to be to even be considered raid ready? I've been playing for about 2.5 weeks now and my lone HT will be 60 soon and i'm eager to see what raiding is all about. I'm following Nadro's HT spec if it matters.

A not poo poo tier legendary. 4 Blessings. Close to BiS uniques, well rolled artifacts.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

On the other hand is having hard content that people who enjoy maxing characters can do together really such a bad thing? This trend in gaming where ever loving player should be able to do every bit of content is dumb.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Toshimo posted:

You filthy casuals.

When they announced raids, I had really hoped they'd be exactly like this:

I no poo poo miss this.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

quote:

New Hero: Silver Surfer

The Herald of Galactus himself has come to Marvel Heroes! Use the power cosmic to tear holes in reality, fire powerful beams, and surf through enemies, leaving cosmic destruction in your wake!
Event: Return of the Cakes!

For our second-last week of Anniversary month, the Cake is back!

Cake slices will again drop in all areas of the game, and a daily gift of 5 along with with 5 Eternity Splinters will be granted.
Items and Crafting

Birthday Cakes will drop fewer Day Runes, but will now drop an Omega Point and more random items.

We made improvements to the Legendary item, M’Kraan Crystal. This item now gives 200 Spirit, 1000 Health, 500 Damage Rating, 500 Critical Rating, and has a special proc at rank 5.

Shared Quest boxes now have a chance to drop Unstable Molecules and Retcon Devices.

Any Fortune Card Mark 4 received from Friday onwards will no longer contain “boons”. Existing boons and existing Fortune Cards Mark 4 are not affected in any way. We'll probably introduce a modified version of boons someday in the future that have a limit to the number of players affected to prevent "boon parties" from overloading public zones.

The Eternity Splinter cost of Retcon Devices has been reduced from 125 to 65.
Omega System

New feature: Shift-Clicking the + button on the Omega system interface increases your ranks in that power by 10 instead of 1.

Human Augmentation: Hyde Formula: Max ranks is now 20.

Human Augmentation: Forever Compound: Cost changed to scaling 5+1 per rank

Neural Enhancement: “Limitless” NZT buffs are now only visible to and consumable by the player that created them

A full respec for Omega System will be provided next week (and one the week after that).

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where the Mac client would sometimes crash while using a language other than English.

Fixed a bug where % damage bonus for Physical, Energy, and Mental damage (specifically) would cap at +100% in certain situations. They no longer have a cap.

Fixed a bug where Rocket Raccoon's Kree Turret Control Matrix was displaying % Health (which was a tooltip error). The pet health bonus has been converted to bonus health for Rocket Raccoon. Changed the attack speed bonus on this item to be a critical rating bonus, which is much more effective for summoned allies compared to attack speed. Overall, this unique is noticeably buffed.

The drop rate of several items have been increased for enemies created post-launch, including things such retcons, unstable molecules and Fortune Cards.

Gambit's Grand Slam has been updated to fix several bugs. He will now release his charge-up spinning staff attack as soon as the bar is full, rather than continue charging in place. Spirit will no longer be drained during his charge-up, so damage has been reduced slightly and he should no longer become stuck in a bugged spirit-drain state. Grand Slam will now also have its cost reduced by the Energy attribute.

Jean Grey's Ultimate will now restore 100% of her Phoenix Force instead of only up to 100. This was important for players who had over 100 Phoenix Force.

Animal Balloons will now properly give defense.

Fixed an issue where players would be locked out of the Muspelheim raid after defeating Slag.

Runeword God of Mischief will now correctly give +1 to every hero’s Ultimate.

Moon Knight will no longer enter a bugged state when procing Xerogenesis while having Avatar of Vengence active.

Loki's Enthrall will now be able to damage bosses who are immune to the confuse portion of the attack

Spider-Man's Leaping Assault can no longer be cancelled by moving prior to the power dealing damage.

Fixed an issue with the Asgardian Door Defense not properly starting.
Review Pass on “Slow” Powers

We did a big pass on powers that “slow” attack and move speed.

With the new scaling up to 50 ranks, some powers were slowing massive amounts, including many over 100%. We adjusted the scaling of all of these powers to start at a higher slow amount (making them immediately effective, even as 1 pointers) and capping the slow from hero powers at 60% (and slightly higher for disengaging shot powers and for Black Widow’s signature, which has a specific “stop people from running away while I'm invisible” purpose).

This is a huge buff at lower levels and lower ranks and an intentional “nerf” to some of the crazier slows at max ranks.
Known Issues

Hawkeye’s ultimate will be fully converted to Physical Damage in the next game build.

Silver Surfer’s Silver Savage costume 2D icons didn’t make this patch and will be in the next game build. The costume itself is quite beautiful. Due to this, it will only be available via bundles until the next patch.

Silver Surfer's Silver Savage costume may not display its textures correctly at low detail settings. This will be fixed in the next update.

Shadows for Silver Surfer's board may not display correct at low detail settings. This will be fixed in the next update.

There are a few hero bug fixes that didn't quite make the patch deadline, which will be in next week's patch.
In Development

The final encounter of the Muspelheim Raid, Surtur himself, will be in final testing and deployment very shortly. Once Surtur is defeated, the raids will transition out of Beta and full rewards will be added to their loot tables and an alternate currency will be available for encounters outside of the system (very similar to the WoW system).

Mr. Fantastic will be available for public testing soon.

Star-Lord is schedule for release with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, along with a couple of friends to team-up with.

Several team-up heroes are in development including Beta-Ray Bill (100% feature complete and in testing), Wasp (in design), She-Hulk (in design) and others.

Login rewards and the Achievements system are in the final stages of testing and UI implementation.

We have another anniversary month event planned for next week. You will not want to miss it.

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I'll second that since I've come back artifact drops in general seem to be much rarer then before.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

So how is Psylocke as a character? I think I've only ever heard anyone mention the poor quality of her voice acting, which fits what I've been exposed to in–game but doesn't say much about whether she's any fun to play.

If you have lots of any hero uniques she can be solidly mediocre

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons I was gonna raid with, I am gonna have to get you all another time. Had a situation come up with a friend just 5 mins ago and I need to be there (bad car accident).

If you all still raid, refer to my guide on bottom of the 1st page here. Maybe somebody else can lead it.

Very sorry guys; I wrote all your names down and I'll reach out when things calm done to get ya for another time with me.

I hope he's ok man

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I can do b-team saturday night as well

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Holy poo poo we're alive!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

This weekend is going to be loving insane.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/107169/anniversary-month-final-weekend-epic-twelve?new=1

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Toshimo posted:

And....

The Goon Supercut of tonight's livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMVEw2gymVU

This is so wonderful. :sun:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

MotU posted:

Hawkguy is the worst and Hawkette is the best

Hawkette is a filthy dog thief.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Zeike posted:

Guys, remeber its Star-Lord, NOT Starlord. Anyone who gets this wrong WILL be shot immediately.
:commissar:
Thank you.

Who?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Pyronic posted:

Imagine just how many people are going to try to make that joke by the time the movie comes out Arrg.

For now I remain on the cutting edge of humor.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Lux Aeterna posted:

How do you not just drop this in a scatterplot, knock out the top/bottom 10%, trendline it, and call it a loving day? Why are they overcomplicating this?

Gaz is worse at math then me and I failed Geometry in highschool

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Woah Drax is kind of insane. Gaz is power creeping the teamups hard as gently caress

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

SERPUS posted:

I have 8 heroes. I've had 3 of them since the game went live. I bought Mr. Fantastic about 2 weeks ago and ditched him at level 52. I'm now playing Ironman. I'm level 48 and the xp is going balls slow, like a level every 2-3 hours. Is something broken or is this the grind? I think I had a bunch of xp potions on Mr Fantastic, so I must have been bypassing the unbuffed xp requirements. Is the post 45 grind really this awful or is it normal?

Once you get a character to 60 you gain 30% bonus xp to your others. It only goes up from there. So uh, pick a dude you enjoy and get him to 60 so the others go faster.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Is anyone having problems logging in through Steam? It says that I need to download the latest patch but uh, I have.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

That sounds really sweet.

In other news these Worldstones do not drop at nearly the rate I need them to.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

With this being a monthly recurring event, the items don't have to actually be obtainable within a weekend.

Oh, I missed that. Makes me feel a whole lot better.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

The coolest thing about that pet stuff is that my DOOMHERBIE will be useful and nobody can ever get one again. Thanks, launch compensation!

I also have one. :smugdog:

It is our reward for suffering through the first months of :gaz:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

wheres my reward for suffering through several months of you

Your reward is more of me.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I don't know when but Gambit got really fun to play at some point. I'm having a ball just flipping around throwing purple cards and hitting guys to death with a stick.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I got 3 uniques from an Xdef chest. First time that has happened for me.

Also, if you are on the fence about DS9 or haven't done it yet for whatever reason loving do it.

With a full group of 5, each person buying a portal you will get;

Rough 10-15 more worldstones then you started with
1m+ credits
a dozen cosmic rings per run
5 doop medals
5 random cosmic medals
assorted artifacts and uniques

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

DrOgreface posted:

Dang, I didn't realize people could go so long without finding boss artifacts. In 5XX hours, I've found

2 GoKs (1 from Term and 1 bark box)
2 HoDs (bark boxes)
2 WSJs (Terminal)
1 Headband (conch box)
1 Nimrod
1 BTS (MM)
1 Tasky Guide (MM)
2 ACoCs (Terminal)

Never found a Tyr, Odin, Thor, Zod, or any boss specific uniques.

Get. hosed.

• Locked thread