Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Reposting previews of Monsieur Fabolous:

quote:

He is MISTER FANTASTIC
Not Mister Good, not Mister Decent
MISTER
loving
FANTASTIC
Look, this son of a bitch has like 8 PhDs
AND HE STILL GOES BY MISTER
BECAUSE HE IS MISTER
loving
FANSTASTIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I really hope Groot Force is big enough that we don't have to schedule raids. God help us if someone spergs out a calendar.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Can the cool people doing Fantastical Foursome teams have team names?

I think it should be a requirement. :c00lbert:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Falcon's got a passive +crit and Magik has a heal attack (and +summoned ally damage), Spider-Man has +dodge and Firestar, I dunno, sets stuff on fire a lot. Everyone has a +DR passive except for Spider-Man.

That reminds me, what's Beta Ray Bill's passive? Actually, someone write some words about BRB, I can't wait until tomorrow.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Just want to say thank you to all you build guys that let scrubs like me level a dozen characters to 60 without having to look at the skilltrees for more than 30 seconds.

I'm going to learn to play this game someday I swear

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

So the bigass game-changer anniversary patch is actually a month of game-changer anniversary patches. I'm super okay with that, since it gives them time to test each piece for more than a few hours before launching it. I'm really loving the way they add characters, too. There are the ones that everyone knows about that get hyped like Psylocke and Mister Fantastic, there are ones that get announced at the last minute like Silver Surfer, and there are ones that come out of absolute nowhere like Taskmaster. We get stuff to look forward to, but there's always a chance that something will just appear with a patch.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

quote:

I had 3/5 legendary, 4 blessed artifacts, 5 uniques (although my slot 1 is a bit weak since I've not equipped my darkhold yet), and I think cosmic ring and medallion (although maybe not).

quote:

and I felt undergeared on Strange

:stare: What in the hell do you people consider geared

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Is there a secret for saving civilians on today's Midtown Daily Quest? Seems to be moving real slow.

Look for groups of NPCs chatting. If one of them is wearing a suit or looks like a street punk, kill them. You can usually find a group like that every 2 or 3 blocks.

Does thwarting the big standoff at the bank count towards saving civilians? I know a whole bunch of civvies run inside when you beat it.

Also, I love saving the guy being carjacked by blowing up his car.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Depending on your team, you might not even have to split up for the split waves. I had a pub Xdef that went to wave 30 with two Scarlet Witches, a Storm, an Iron Man, and a Colossus. We had five split waves and only split for the last two. I can't remember what it was we finally lost to, but I think it was one of the meatier meatsink bosses since our single-target damage was (obviously) not that great.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Cease to Hope posted:

are you having a stroke

It wouldn't be a thread without one!

rockrobster posted:

So I'm a altoholic. I can't even level one hero all the way to 60 before I start another one. Atm i have 10 60s and own almost every hero. The problem is I really want to raid. Anyone have any suggestion as to which hero would be the easiest to get raid worthy and that's worth playing? My favorites so far have been Ms Marvel , Thor, squirrel girl, and Dr strange. Not necessarily locked into one of those though.

My rule is that if someone asks "What hero should I blah blah blah" and mentions Ms. Marvel, the answer is Ms. Marvel.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

The further this game gets from "I'm going to log on for 20 minutes and punch dinosaurs and get neat stuff" the less interested I'm going to be. I was hoping raids were going to be the kind of thing where I can get on SG chat and say I WANT TO PUNCH LAVA GUY and then me and 9 other people go punch dudes for 30-40 minutes and get neat stuff. If this is going to take weeks of gearing and hours of practicing, I want no part of it.

It's cool that they have content for folks that like the min-maxy strategic effort stuff, but I really don't want that to become the focus. I like this game being open and accessible and easy. Hard modes like cosmics are fine. Content meant for an elite minority is not.

I used to play WoW. I play MH because I don't want to play WoW anymore.

FAKE EDIT: Basically this:

Dammit Whom posted:

It'd be perfectly fine with me to have WoW-style armor if they also plan to have WoW-style raid difficulty settings that let casual players get through pick-up-group raids in about 40 minutes tops.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

"75% sure Reed will be 400sp/900G"

Seriously did not expect this. Made sense to me that the F4 would be a 600/400/400/200 group.

He'd better still as fabulous as we've been hoping. :ohdear:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Where.

The gently caress.

Is Beta Ray Bill???

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I really do not understand the orb/Odin Mark obsession (orbsession?) in this game. Health/Spirit/Purple orbs I understand, it's a combat mechanic, you can navigate the battle to get boosts, whatever. But why the hell are important XP and other rewards crapped out of your body to be reabsorbed? The only other game I can think of that did that was Fable, and it was dumb as all hell there, too.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

God help us all when they inevitably add Orb Pickup Radius stats to gear.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Y'all gonna make me dip into the strategic splinter reserves for this hood-ornament-lookin' motherfucker. Good thing I broke 1000 last night.

ICR got some seriously infectious enthusiasm about this game. I don't know how he does it, but I love it.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Holo-sim from level 1 will gain you levels hilariously fast, especially if you have any kind of Area power. Just remember to duck out every 5 levels so the XP gain keeps parity.

Might be worth doing Holosim for the first 5-10 levels, then switching to Xdef once you have real gear and skills to contribute with.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Toshimo posted:

"The Birthday Cake Event is live in TC. To participate, defeat enemies, bosses, etc. and they'll drop pieces of a cake, and when you collect 365, turn it in to Jocasta for a Birthday Cake of lootsplosions! (The same one from the 365 items!)"

:roflolmao:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

fookolt posted:

Is it supposed to take an absurd amount of time to max the vendor levels? I donated all my purple and cosmic items this past week to just my crafter and it's just reached level 10.

Took me 150 hours to max crafter and enchanter.

Godspeed.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Guhhhhhhhh Deadpool.

Getting to 25 was almost as bad as it was with Hawkeye. I finally figured out I could layer Foot Gougers and Stink Bombs and toss a Lil Deadpool in the middle to kill most things pretty quick. Takes a shitload of Spirit just to keep all that up, though. All his ranged basics feel like they suck, and his initial melee attacks were so bad I didn't even give the Fighty tree a chance. I hope to God Shoot All the Bullets and Not-So-Minigun do actual damage so I'm not just running around dropping broken glass and farting everywhere.

...Despite how appropriate that is.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Deadpool is one of seven characters I have at 25 so I don't think I'm going back to him anytime soon. Honestly I have not really enjoyed any of the shooty characters I've played because single-target ranged attacks feel woefully underpowered in this game. Gaz seems to subscribe to the idea that melee has to do more damage because they have to get in closer, but with so many enemies and how fast they close the distance, ranged attacks don't stay ranged for long. Also, all melee attacks get an arc of effect so they're going to be way better for mob fighting anyway. If anything, single-target ranged should do more damage than a punch to thin the packs before they get up in your grill.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Victis posted:

For ranged characters, the ST stuff is for bosskilling (i.e. minigun), that's all.

All of his other good ranged attacks (Gougers, Stink Bomb, SATB) are area.

Ranged DP is still kinda meh either way, but AOE isn't his problem. He plays kinda like a weak Cable.

Um...yes? I kinda said all of that in the post before the one you quoted. Though I don't agree that single-target ranged is for bosskilling because the damage is pathetic.

I'm talking very generally about single-target ranged stuff. I've gotten Hawkeye, Black Widow, and now Deadpool all up to 25 as mainly ranged characters and they've all been disappointing. Like, I don't even know why their ranged basics exist. I tried Ms. Marvel as ranged only and her basics, though disappointing, were STILL better than the people running around with handguns and bows and poo poo. And then anything that's sounds like it's supposed to be the big bosskilling stuff like BW's sniper rifle and Hawkeye's rocket arrow is slow, awkward, and still doesn't do enough damage to compete with melee. Single-target ranged just feels like garbage in this game.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Pretty much every part of this post is wrong. Like it's a train wreck in an earthquake buried under a tsunami of wrong. Comparing level 25, ungeared heroes using basics is pretty dumb. Also, spoiler: Hawkeye's Rocket Arrow isn't his bosskiller. His bosskiller is his ability that literally says "+40% damage to bosses".

Wait, I'm talking about how ranged characters are disappointing up to level 25, and you're telling me...what, exactly? To use a skill that unlocks at level 37?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

jubelio posted:

What he is telling you is blah blah blah. What he should tell you is level 25 is a bad place to make comparisons, and very arbitrary. Did level 26 do something bad to you? show us on the doll.

I picked 25 for the first synergy bonus and to clean all the relics and Uru-forged crap out of my stash. I also figured the hour or two it takes to get to 25 would give me a good idea of how the character plays, but I guess not? It taught me that Daredevil, Taskmaster, Loki, and Storm are awesome, and Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Deadpool kinda suck. If they get amazing skills at 30-40 that turn the world upside-down that's great, but it doesn't make the time it takes to get there suck any less.

I have a lot of characters that are rad from level 1, so I don't get why I'm not allowed to bag on characters that aren't fun for the first X hours.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

jubelio posted:

Bagging on heroes that take time to be fun is one thing. making generalized statements about the entire game like this:

is another. I would just be careful about the generalizations. Some people probably thought you were talking about the entire game, and not just the first hour or two.

Okay, that's fair. I WAS talking about the whole game, and I shouldn't have, because I don't know how single-target ranged works past those first 25 levels.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

Topquoters should burn in hell imo

I came here to say something about Daredevil but I'm just gonna quote this now.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

LQs are such a ridiculous chunk of XP it's completely worth it to chase them all over the universe. The only times I re-roll them now is if I get one I super hate (I never want to hunt ambush commanders in Norway ever again) or if one of the modes is boosted for an event and I want to stay there.

Midtown is so sad when the bosses drop like 3 items instead of 30.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

You should do the normal difficulty story on your first character.

I only do the story now on characters I really like.

I only do all the stories on characters I prestige.

Bruceski posted:

I believe there's no way to access the first part of Chapter 9 without beating Doom (there's a LQ to go to Lower Asgard but you can't go backwards to Canada).

There are two LQs for Norway, one for each waypoint. HYDRA ambush commanders for lower, saving the SHIELD dudes in the side dungeon for the upper.

EDIT: More than two! Wow, I have literally never gotten the kill HYDRA/elves one.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Zombie Samurai posted:

nostrata posted:

I'm probably just not understanding something right but, it sounds like a few of you are saying that if you play through the story on all three difficulties, then prestige you don't need to do them again to get the bonuses like power points / HP gains?
Bingo. Each character can only get the rewards once per difficulty, no matter how many times they prestige.

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 13, 2014

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

nostrata posted:

That not so bad, but now I need to go back through all my characters and get all the rewards I've missed. I always assumed I would need to do it for every prestige, so I figured I wouldn't bother until I got the character to what ever prestige I was going to leave him at. Not that I'm ready to start down that road yet.

Keep in mind that with as many skill points as you get now, those extra ones from story mode are basically your dump points. Just off of leveling you should have enough points to max all your important skills and pick up your one-point wonders, so don't feel like you HAVE to get them or you'll be left behind.

The health and spirit bonuses are nice but pretty tiny, and you can go pick up the retcon whenever you need it since it's just one boss fight. Like I said, I only do the story once on characters I really like. I do it all three times on my prestige character mainly for variety.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Yeah this is why I prestige.

I often find I finish a character and go, "Man I really want to do that all over again."

Totally why I did it too. That and the costume blendering.

I noticed that the costume recipe says it has a chance to "crit" and spit out two costumes instead of one. Has this happened to anyone in the history of ever?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Patch coming in at 4:30/5:30/6:30/7:30 PM P/M/C/E Time.

Friday the 13th + Gaz + Patch + Patch Time = ???

Various changes to patch time.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Also, nobody ever needs an enchanter over 17, and most people won't need it over 14.

It's the only way I'll ever know what a Zod rune looks like.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Does the Swap Costume Affixes crafter recipe work with ANY two costumes, or just two costumes for the same character? I have a really good core and affixes on a normal Ms. Marvel costume but it's level 55 and I keep prestiging her. I'd like to swap them onto one of the random costumes I got from the grinder so I can throw hers in the grinder. I would check myself but I'm at work.

I should probably stop putting cores on costumes unless I'm sure I'm not going to prestige that character.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

triplexpac posted:

So if you prestige a character you get the original costume back?

brb gonna grind up all my original costumes

I was going to wait until I had a pile of extra costumes left over from prestiging but then I hit the credit cap and realized I wasn't putting affixes on anyone anyway and now whoops half my roster is naked and I have Future Foundation Sue and OG Punisher waiting for a home.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Baram posted:

Survey Time!

What do you all keep in your Team-Up Inventory? This is what mine looks like right now. Usually there's more boosts but.. I ate some this weekend since there was a fun event.

I used to keep all my relics and Uru-forged stuff in here, but once I started prestiging Ms. M I started using it to store her gear. All the other junk got parsed out to my new characters or sold.

Also I just opened that random box from the Facebook thing, rear end clenched for another ult token. Got my 13th hero instead, Rocket Raccoon. Pew pew!

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I've been one of the people to afraid to really store anything long-term in the teamup stash, just cause I figured it's a new system that Gaz is rolling out so of course it would glitch horribly and wipe everything in there sometime.

Items are the lifeblood of any ARPG, so if there's one system you can count on to be absolutely bulletproof, it's your inventory. The ire over botched character launches and bugged events is infinitesimal compared to the shitstorm that would arise over players losing their GoKs and Doc Ock Arms and enhanced costumes. And even if it did happen that stuff would be 100% restored or comp'd within hours.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Do you guys like the way the skill trees work? I ask because they're not really skill "trees" at all, except for a few rare skills that have prerequisites or synergy bonuses. There's no navigating to be done and no bonuses to unlock for X points in a particular tree, yet nobody seems to complain about the trees being boring. Is having simple slates of skills that unlock by level preferable to how they work in other ARPGs like Diablo II or Path of Exile or Titan Quest?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Campbell posted:

What's the benefit for leveling to 60? Is it worth it to just stop at 50 to unlock the last synergy bonus?

Leveling all the way to 60 gets you big bonuses to XP rates on your other characters (and Omega System gains too, I guess?). Your first character gets you a permanent 30% bonus, the next gives you... actually just read this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

theironjef posted:

Grats dude, Moon Knight rules. He's an insane Jewish Batman-esque who thinks he's in direct contact with an ancient Egyptian moon god. He has multiple personalities, is incredibly wealthy, and fights with crazy martial arts (Taskmaster won't copy him because Moon Knight doesn't bother dodging, he needs the pain) and crescent-moon based bladed weaponry. He also brings the melee damage in this game.

Moon Knight owns so hard it isn't even funny. He's not about being tanky or stylish or swift or fancy (even though he can be all of those things!). He's about getting in someone's face and punching it right the gently caress off as hard as he possibly can. I love the melee dudes in ARPGs, barbs are my jam, and MK scratches that itch so good.

• Locked thread