Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Pyronic posted:

Everyone needs to play Groot and his buddy/lackey Rocket.

Rocket becomes a starter hero tomorrow. Skills got moved around in his trees as well so you get stuff like Suppression Turret a few levels earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

The Doomsaw is the best loving thing in the world. I've got 47% crit to AOE powers on Sue (i.e. the only ones I actually use) and 67% of those crits are bruts. I don't know if this is the best DPS option for that slot, but I DO know that it is easily the funniest option. I love this game so much right now.

You have inspired me to slap it on the toppest top tier hero, Thing, who's slot 5 is a mere fat ball of health. Health shmealth, that doesn't kill poo poo in the most fantastic way.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Disco Bandit posted:

I've not done a lot of XDefs, but the ones I have done have been both with goons and with pub groups and through all that I have survived a split wave exactly once. I am willing to accept that the problem lies not in split waves, but our group composition or what have you, but I'm skeptical.

Just kill the drat blue elites. That's all it takes. As long as one person on each side knows this the split waves are no problem. I'm lucky to play with my wife who knows this well by now and we each go to different groups on split waves.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

Okay ICR I need to call you out. This is not a leveling build. This build has no spammable powers before level 32. Before that, you use Pyre, then you twiddle your thumbs because all you have is one rank in a short-ranged channeled basic attack and no defensive powers whatsoever. This is not in any practical sense a build you can use for leveling for the first half of the game.

Just spam pyre. It's more than just a DoT since it has upfront aoe splash damage.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Redheaded found the reason everything's run scared from Midtown:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Close. The supergroup rules are if you random Ghost Rider, you need to begin the journey to leveling him to 60.

So white 60 is fine and you simply "start your magical journey".

Everybody needs to see what a top tier #9 char (THANKS TIER LISTS!) in the game feels like. Gaz says he is in great shape. It must be fact.

Ghost Rider's mental build instead of a chains build is pretty dang/surprising fun though. I've ended up stopping work on my other prestiged heroes in favor of him.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

cl_gibcount and Rugio are you two ready to take some stabs at ICR's F4 challenge? Let me know a good time for you guys and I'll have myself and Redheaded around. My Thing and her IW can't get much better so we're both set.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

It is done. :shepicide:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Cosmic Prestige List of Future Quitters of MH

Cosmic Prestiges Stand Up!

I also have a cosmic Cyclops.

bagrada posted:

ICR your enthusiasm is contagious, you've got me debating who to cosmic, and I'm still at 147% synergy so I'm a ways from a green let alone a yellow.

That said, anyone out there who loves one character so much you've cosmic'd them without bothering to level all the others for the synergy? I'm sure there's someone somewhere whose entire roster is a cosmic loki or something.

Not really cosmic but it sorta counts. Before hero xp synergies and cosmic prestige were even added I got both Human Torch and Cyclops to red 60. This was before Torch's review (he was slightly more fun to me before) and a few rounds of boss buffs that made Cyc a bit more painful to play.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 20, 2014

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

The Flabtastic Four made it to wave 18 on our first attempt but I only ss'ed up to 17. Also we would've gone a lot farther but I crashed mid-wave with that strange bug that drops you to a loading screen out of nowhere and couldn't get back in time. I pissed off Redheaded when we went out after that x-def and she hasn't talked to me since. Here's hoping we can patch things up in time to get a couple more attempts in.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Kowak posted:

What time is the cosmic Ghost Riders Anonymous meeting?

And of course I have no idea how to link an image properly, imagine a picture of my cosmic Ghost Rider where that broken link is.

I approve of this.

(And you needed a .jpg on the end of the link.)

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

The Flabtastic Four

Wave 28 complete so we reached wave 29. We brought it hard. So many frickin' boss waves too. It wasn't easy.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Two days left in ICR's Fantastic Four challenge. Get your teams and post some screenshots! It's made me sad to see only 3 teams so far. This was a really fun challenge. Less raiding, more x-def!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

In our first attempts at the Galactic Guardians holo-sim challenge Redheaded and I reached wave 17.

Our legendaries are only rank 4 so far and we're still looking for lvl 60 m'kraan shards/other 60 gear so could get a bit better from here. Watch out for them cosmic doops, those hammers will wreck ya. A sentinel assault wave got us with just 2 seconds left.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Afraid of Audio posted:

for your consideration:

on rocket: afraid of audio
on star-lord: notalizardman

hulk is a massive baby

Nice work!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Cosmic prestige is easy. Even Ghost Rider can do it.

You should cosmic prestige today.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Geektox posted:

Shine on you crazy rear end head on fire diamond.

I've been using the Pot of Gold and a Seer's Brilliance but I wonder if using M'kraan+ROTS to alleviate spirit problems would be more helpful for levelling.

I switched from a Gungnir to the M'kraan halfway through purple prestige since I had decided by then I was going all the way. Turned out to be a great decision and I'm very happy with the M'kraan. At 50 I switched to Storm Giant Magi (full mental build) over RoTS since Contract unique + Chopper unique + M'kraan + Mephisto omega keeps his spirit up for a very long time.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Hahahaha nice verbiage Kalli. I like your moves.

So before I start pondering, quick questionnaire goons.

1) Best Ultimate:

2) Best Signature:

3) Top 2 Most Gear Dependent Heroes:

4) Top 2 Least Gear Dependent Heroes:

5) Best Leveling Experience First Playthrough:

6) Worst Hero to Level to 60 First Playthrough:

7) If You X-Def, Hero You Want the Most in Your Party:

1. Hmmm...ummm...hard to choose. Guess Thing for me.
2. Dr. Strange (I don't play MK)
3. Hawkeye, Ghost Rider
4. Jean Grey, Dr. Strange
5. Tough to say. I have too much fun leveling and few were a chore.
6. Gambit pre-rework. Not sure about now. Probably Punisher.
7. Jean Grey. The constant screen-wide aoe keeps the blues off the students if the player knows to park her in the middle of the kids. Who cares if bosses take a bit longer.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Sdoots posted:

On an unrelated note, it caught me off guard to read that list of cosmic heroes in the group and see anyone under GR. I feel like I am one of the few people to really like playing him, and gently caress, trying to cosmic GR sounds like the least fun you could have playing MH.

It was actually quite fun and one the best times I've had leveling. If you go mental build and max Ride you can just do terminal LQ's and Ride straight to the boss getting all the kills/breakables you need without ever stopping. Even doing the few Midtown quests that I do netted tons of extra xp from Ride kills. It was like doing LQ's on Storm in the old days when I'd just float through with Thundering Maelstrom but you move a ton faster and never have to stop or go in a circle since Ride's flames linger after you've passed.

Edit: On a related note, increase the trash mob density in Magneto's terminal, tia. That's the only one within which I ever had to stop and hunt for kills. My xp/min! :argh:

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 16, 2014

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Afraid of Audio posted:

not a lizardman on star lard

afraid of audio on the turrets (plus a raccoon)

drat, I was wondering if anyone would break the wave 20 barrier. Fantastic work!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

nickhimself posted:

Updating the TTK rankings with the only numbers that matter:

Punchclops - 24s

Currently ranked #1 undisputed baby weight champion of the training room!!!

Oh god, that's close to my ghost rider times.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

malhavok posted:

Anyone got a current ghost rider build? i think i might as well level him now.

As an alternative to the above if you don't like chains, here's the mental build I used to level GR to cosmic 60.

Max:
Burn The Treads
Spirit of Vengeance
Ride
Inferno
Infernal Will
Penance Stare
Damnation
Hell From Above

One Point:
Chain Snare
Infernal Contract
Protect The Innocent

While doing LQ's just Ride through terminals until you're at the boss; it'll get all the kills/breakables you need for the quest. Just Ride through Midtown getting all the kills you need (if you deign to do such low xp LQ's). Kill bosses by stacking Burn The Treads, Chain Snare, and Inferno then using Damnation once you get it or a crappy 1-point basic before you get it until it's time to reapply DoTs or Penance Stare for the kill. Stack all the mental, DoT, and area damage you can, no need to worry about physical. I found this to be a very fun and effective way to level and I miss it *sniffle*. My end-game raiding build is somewhat different from the above.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 25, 2014

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Are you remembering to turn on your stances? I forget all the time then wonder why he's so weak all of a sudden. Keeps biting me after using an ultimate which are turning off stances for him and Nightcrawler (and possibly more heroes) at the moment.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

If somebody is insane enough to take Invisible Woman to red 60, I will start the journey to red IW as well. This is valid until end of the year Human Calendar, not Gaz calendar that believes we are in 2015.

I was already going to do this for my next new prestige after finishing my current ones. I thought she was quite fun the first time I leveled her to 60 and I've been looking forward to doing it again. Redheaded also already has her at blue 60 and likes her a lot.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Couple toxxes for me because I like challenging myself and making my own "fun":

If somebody is insane enough to take Invisible Woman to red 60, I will start the journey to red IW as well. This is valid until end of the year Human Calendar, not Gaz calendar that believes we are in 2015.

Should I fail on any of this, I am to be kicked from the SG for one month or until my favorite character, Iceman, is released.

Now who else will show their love and commitment to Mr and Mrs Gaz and their love child, DJ Gazzy Geff?

Be sure whenever you fight Juggernaut to go "Do you know what invisible means?"

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

I don't know why anyone would make toxxes like that when you exist.

Maybe he did it to specifically call me out. Turns out she's even more fun now than she was when first released and I enjoyed her even then.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Here's what this whole thing has inspired me to do because none of the goons have done it yet.

I want to do a 6 man raid. Maybe tonight or later during the week.

Bring your best char, geared to the teeth. Let's see how we fair.

I think we would only stumble on Surtur. I think 7 can beat Surtur but 6 will push it.

I'll bring Wolferine and that tiny lvl 20 ult.

Can I bring Ghost Rider? He's my best-geared.

Or I could bring scrubby old Thing with a rank 15 ult.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

RatHat posted:

Emma is pretty fun. She's a bit squishy but has some bonkers survivability powers.

EDIT: Is there a guide anywhere for which enemies are un-enslavable? I thought all robots couldn't but I just enslaved a mobile mole so I'm not sure anymore.

Bosses, robots, special raid mobs, that's about it.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

My current play session has lasted so long that I've ended up with empty Midtowns across nearly all level ranges. For the past 3 hours I've just been switching heroes and killing nothing but bosses over and over. So much loot, so many uniques, unstable molecules, and fortune cards. So much xp. :getin:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I can't remember if it was Psylocke or Invisible Woman but on one of them I popped a 1 hour boost at level 1 and had 7 minutes left at level 60. That was the last day of the Omega event.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Mind-blowing amounts of awesome!

I love you, ICR.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

nickhimself posted:

Who would be up for a silly times raid where we bring in a weird and/or ridiculous match-up to beast this trash town as fast as possible?

Proposed Setup: X-Men Assemble!

This raid is the destination of the entire X-Men team as Xavier has detected a disturbance underground which seems to be caused by none other than Surtur himself!

You must gather your team and venture forth to discover the source of this event and take down Surtur once and for all.

Cable
Colossus
Cyclops
Deadpool
Gambit
Jean
NightCrawler
Psylocke
Storm
Wolverine

Requirements:
Each X-Man must be present. No duplicates.
You must complete the entire raid with that hero. No swapping to a better geared character on your roster.
Must take a picture upon completing this raid to post on the official forums and show the pubbies that we're better than they are because we play with purpose and not only to min/max melee HT builds.

Let's go, gang!

Got Psylocke, Jean (hahaha), Storm, and NC raid readyish (4 blessings, max legendary, etc.).

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Phyresis posted:

Latverian Monarch Cloak is going to be slightly better than Fred Dawson's Hot Dog Cart on most heroes that lack a good slot 3 because 441 critical rating is better than 90 DR, even factoring in diminishing returns. It also has a good chunk of health and spirit cost reduction. The Hot Dog Cart is probably a bit better on Iron Man because of the 80 spirit. The Cloak is of course much more difficult to obtain than the Cart, generally speaking.

But hot dog carts roll towards 400 dr.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

:stare: I may need that for gr and strange depending on the slot.

EDIT: Huh durr burble, must read. Slot 5...hmmm...still need it on gr maybe...I dunno

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

nickhimself posted:

Y'all can't stop me noooooooooooowwwwwwwwww

Gotta get dat dere TTK under two minutes to be "raid ready" per the official, very important forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0aViQoaC6U

Luke Cage TTK at dat Wolverines level, 3s above Mister Nights w/ 7500 omeggles. What a garbo piece of garbo.

And yes, this is all in regular gear that I normally walk around the Avenger's Tower in, lookin' swole and sexy.

This is beautiful. You are one hell of a beast. Luke Cage is in my current round of prestiges and it's turned out I want to play him over all the others. Non-stop "did I really just do THAT much damage???" You are the wind beneath my wings.

In other news, finally got Dr. Garbo down to a 1:50 TTK with supposedly all the best gear and 4000 osmegma points. It took using the automated omega planner to shave off that last 20 seconds. I wish I knew where else I was going wrong besides wearing raid-viable gear. Could be my rotation, probably need to lean on fangs a bit more. He's still my favorite hero and the first I'm really pushing to make as good as possible. If only one of the top Strangers would post a frickin' video and share build/rotation/gear info.

Can't wait to toss flaming skulls on Ghost Rider. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Welp, guess I won't be a special, unique snowflake anymore. :smith:
Seriously excited for the GR buffs though. SHEEEEIT!

• Locked thread