Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
other possibly interesting stuff:

- Java was holding legion's $ for them cause of our empire ability. Awesome arrangement that 50 originated!

- I have yet to use an empire power in this game. Mine this year was only ever useful if I was sabotaged early as a catch-up mechanism and last year I got stuck being protector every night. :(

- The thing I got in the guessing game was a 2-shot ability to steal all I that someone produced that night if I sent them $ during the day. I used it on Jake and Tom.

- Juanito and qpq wanted jake gone D2, I was the stick-in-the-mud holding them back.

- We lied to Sandwolf about our empire ability and sent him $3 counterfeit at the beginning of the game, no idea where it went. But Java realized by D3 we didn't wanna play that way so I'm glad no one seemed to notice.

Final question: what happened to Danny Devito?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

VivaNova posted:

I restarted my computer :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Sandwolf kept a lot from us and whenever we questioned him he'd freak out and say we didn't understand how hard being diplomat is. When we suggested maybe someone else could be diplomat if he couldn't handle the multitasking he freaked out even harder. It was honestly incredibly frustrating.

I'm very annoyed that he told you guys we weren't ever going to reach our wincon while at the same time we were planning exactly how to reach our wincon. We had a ways to go but it was not even close to impossible especially if we worked together with people which we were trying very hard to do but we had to rely on Sandwolf to relay information.

I think next game maybe if you have diplomats and protectors again don't necessarily give people powers where they are basically predestined to be one or the other. Sandwolf and bowmore were the only ones with protector and diplomat related abilities so they were the only logical choices for both.

VivaNova posted:

2) I really thought AU had the last 2 scum (I thought it was asiina, lol) cause at that point we were working under the assumption that we were looking for a final scum who wasn't a protector, and FV said either Medi or AU had 2 scum.

Man I don't know how anyone could think I was scum in this game considering how much work I was doing in thread to try to solve it. I even gave up on bowmore to help you kill Jake the night you let us die, so I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah I get it, I'm a gently caress wit who was being strung along by every other diplomat and was over sensitive because I was being told a dozen different things from a dozen different people.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Asiina posted:

Man I don't know how anyone could think I was scum in this game considering how much work I was doing in thread to try to solve it. I even gave up on bowmore to help you kill Jake the night you let us die, so I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Well, I really did think that! I also told it to Sandwolf and he told me I was crazy, lol.

my initial PM to 50 on the topic:

Guess what!

I think the 2 scum in AU are asiina and bowmore. let's be ballers and kill asiina tonight. bowmore will be lynched D6. I strongly suspect asiina will kill byers tonight.

Why is it asiina?

Let's look at night actions.

Here's her targets: N1: Amni, N2: hid, N3: ardulac, N4: jake

There is no proof she ever did any of that, except maybe N1.

N2 she didn't hide. Either only bowmore hid or no one did. No one can confirm that she hid or that she or bowmore ever got a penalty.

When byers said he was going to target jake in the au doc N2, jake built E (confirmed by ypm). When asiina said she was going to target jake N4 in the au doc, he didn't build E (confirmed by 8). Because she didn't really sabotage him. I think she killed Hal, who had targeted Jake and learned his stats with his power. The damage of 4M and 6M indicates it was she who killed Hal.

Here's the cool part: According to the M list for last night, if asiina has been building M, then bowmore has <3M. He's probably just been building E, T or $ and has 0M.

And AU is HELLBENT on making bowmore protector. Even after I told all this to sandwolf, he didn't believe it. He is convinced bowmore can do less harm if he's locked into protecting.

Asiina will have 7I 6M tonight and she should easily be able to get the 2M and $1 it will take her to get to 10M and kill byers tonight. That's why she's been all over calling him town in the thread. She figures bowmore will be killed tomorrow and everyone will lynch from BB after that. Even if something happened to bring focus back to AU, she figures she looks better than sandwolf and can last a while.

I feel pretty sure AU will be attacked tonight. I strongly suggest you guys kill either bowmore or asiina. I'd go asiina because bowmore is a guaranteed lynch tomorrow. You don't even need $ if you both hit her.

What do you think about all this? Let me know, I want to submit my actions tonight!!

~~
that was before Sandwolf started being a bit more open and we all agreed that you should sabotage me that night (which I wanted to do to confirm your actions and I was trying to convince 50 to kill bowmore at that point.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

VivaNova posted:

other possibly interesting stuff:

- Java was holding legion's $ for them cause of our empire ability. Awesome arrangement that 50 originated!

- I have yet to use an empire power in this game. Mine this year was only ever useful if I was sabotaged early as a catch-up mechanism and last year I got stuck being protector every night. :(

- The thing I got in the guessing game was a 2-shot ability to steal all I that someone produced that night if I sent them $ during the day. I used it on Jake and Tom.

- Juanito and qpq wanted jake gone D2, I was the stick-in-the-mud holding them back.

- We lied to Sandwolf about our empire ability and sent him $3 counterfeit at the beginning of the game, no idea where it went. But Java realized by D3 we didn't wanna play that way so I'm glad no one seemed to notice.

I wanted Jake gone too :(

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Your Personal Muse posted:

Well obvi that goes without saying. You are the hero of Java!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

VivaNova posted:

Well obvi that goes without saying. You are the hero of Java!

I'm the hero they needed, wanted, and deserved.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Viva's reluctance to lynch Jake wore off on me toward the end. Right before we lynched him I thought we were making a huge mistake and almost unvoted.

Ernie, as always, remains my blind spot. I just like him too much to think him scum.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I'm the hero they needed, wanted, and deserved.

Please name your next wrestling character Java Man.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

If you'd been more active, we all would have thought you were town. It was your occasional lack of participation in the doc (much like JakeP) that made us be really careful. If JakeP had flipped town, I was positive you were the scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VivaNova posted:

idk, I gave him all my $ that night cause I thought it was possible you'd kill me. And if you weren't going to help him win, why would he have agreed to help you get yours by killing 50? We'll need to add this to the list of scenarios for qpq to run in the sim...

Because friendship is magic :unsmith:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Here's our rather long doc btw - featuring a TON OF LIES as Rarity pretends to be town and I pretend that I do not know she's scum and we just mostly talk about thangs. This is pretty long. I'm sorry.

MediFed Doc-a-palooza

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Rarity posted:

Because friendship is magic :unsmith:

NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

VivaNova posted:

Also, some of that paranoia probably came from the fact that busb told us and legion that Crazy was NOT modkilled... which is weird, cause apparently he was??

Crazy actually wasn't modkilled, he was killed by tearshed's sabotage that caused pop damage for every statpoint damage! :eng101:

re: scum being protectors etc, it was a problem and scum possibly should have lied about having protector powers or maintained they would be poor protectors in order to free up their action pool.

There are too many methods of communication though. I think without scum and a daythread just for relaying mod information the game would require a lot less effort to be current in. It would also mean empire:empire dealings are always suspicious because of the lack of common win conditions ie kill all scum.

Really the only reason scum lasted so long was that even though multiple scums were found, they weren't killed off asap. This enabled them to prot switch and get a bunch of empire-aligned players eliminated with the Imperials' help.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That reminds me, how the hell did we pull off that no-lynch on D3?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Rarity posted:

That reminds me, how the hell did we pull off that no-lynch on D3?

The Phantom of The Opera is an amazing musical.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
What I really want to know is why bowmore's plan to make me look scummy was to take a cell phone picture of the spreadsheet and crop it, like he's a spy invading the Russian embassy to capture pictures of the enemy's secret plans.

Also, as per our usual agreement I've filled the terms of my bet with Ixt. I really need to stop losing those.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

busb posted:

Really the only reason scum lasted so long was that even though multiple scums were found, they weren't killed off asap.
... well we only had one lynch a day?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

VivaNova posted:

... well we only had one lynch a day?

You really should've been coordinating kills in the diplomat doc.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Waaaait a second. No scum were made diplomats. Cool co-incidence or what?

Did anyone post diplodoc yet?

Here's balticdoc if it hasn't been posted yet. Nothing terribly exciting. I kept maintenance of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a8poNWGy1LftdbcciVM-iHnt2ihCVSuawclXtNxp1JU/

edit; Busb forgot to mention for this game that inter-empire attacks don't go through protector. Did that matter at all?

tearshed fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 25, 2014

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

tearshed posted:

Here's balticdoc if it hasn't been posted yet. Nothing terribly exciting. I kept maintenance of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a8poNWGy1LftdbcciVM-iHnt2ihCVSuawclXtNxp1JU/

edit; Busb forgot to mention for this game that inter-empire attacks don't go through protector. Did that matter at all?

I think they did they just didn't for us because none of us were effective as protector.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Eight Dollars posted:

Here's our rather long doc btw - featuring a TON OF LIES as Rarity pretends to be town and I pretend that I do not know she's scum and we just mostly talk about thangs. This is pretty long. I'm sorry.

MediFed Doc-a-palooza

When did you figured it out? I knew from the atmosphere we were the ones with the second scum hence why I was suspicious of DGK at first, but after his reaction I couldn't decide if it was you or Rarity.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

tearshed posted:

Hahaha Ixtlilton hates me.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

tearshed posted:

It got kinda weird at the end...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XA3NR9xXMiWz03FqwRMvlTUwr9rY8SZRcxesjIN3xsk/edit#gid=463892535

bonus: me and capps:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRR6FIfN8eqrpzatGlAVrSWYPjHRW-RpCsZvLBy-8po/edit#gid=0

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

viva i would like to apologize for the begging of that dollar, yeah it wasn't an accident and i was just faking it to get more money out of you. i felt like a jerk doing it, but $$$!!

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

mr.capps posted:

viva i would like to apologize for the begging of that dollar, yeah it wasn't an accident and i was just faking it to get more money out of you. i felt like a jerk doing it, but $$$!!

It is fine, I didn't think it was an accident and killed you about it.

Also I sent my harbinger of death, Danny Devito to you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

VivaNova posted:

It is fine, I didn't think it was an accident and killed you about it.

Also I sent my harbinger of death, Danny Devito to you.

at first i thought danny devito was the angel that saved me from being lynch
now i know the truth :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

poo poo. I feel bad for abandoning. It all got too much. Sorry.

EDIT: Thanks to the Baltics for showing me the ropes and busb for moderating this gigantic game.

Even though I was self aligned, I played as if I were town. I could barely comprehend what was transpiring as it was - much less actually try to double cross my team. My vague long term plan was to feed off Baltic infighting in the later game and until that time, just pump everything into growing my Population so I could survive as long as I could.

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 31, 2014

• Locked thread