Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pander posted:

##vote Rarity

Getting interestinger?

Hoist by my own petard :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pander posted:

Yeah, some people were trying to use a crowbar to get some space between the terms because otherwise they'd be forced to agree that Capps was being scummy or something. Use of semantics to avoid making a read on someone.

That's not what was happening, you were twisting his words in an extremely hyperbolic way, and there is a difference.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I wasn't twisting his words you nincompoop. He asked people to list scummy people in their empire. ANYONE could do that if you rely on in thread. It pretty clearly is "give us all the dope intel that we can't otherwise get", or he might as well just be saying "everyone list someone scummy in the thread". If he didn't care about OOT stuff, then it's pretty lovely of him to be too lazy to point out scummy stuff other people are doing in the thread himself. OOT stuff is the only reason to specify that people call other people in their empire scummy.

Also, "extremely hyperbolic"? Irony.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pander posted:

I wasn't twisting his words you nincompoop. He asked people to list scummy people in their empire. ANYONE could do that if you rely on in thread. It pretty clearly is "give us all the dope intel that we can't otherwise get", or he might as well just be saying "everyone list someone scummy in the thread". If he didn't care about OOT stuff, then it's pretty lovely of him to be too lazy to point out scummy stuff other people are doing in the thread himself. OOT stuff is the only reason to specify that people call other people in their empire scummy.

Also, "extremely hyperbolic"? Irony.

I was assuming he was trying to get us to overcome the natural tendency to overlook those we have a common cause with for the first day and then get stuck in a rut of not taking a closer look at them, not the OOT stuff. I mean, he got into that later, which I missed at the time and when you pointed out I conceded he mentioned it, but that wasn't the intention I got out of his thing.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I don't know about you, but my win condition will be easier to achieve if more of my team is alive than not. Since at minimum there is one scum that is not on my team, I'm gonna focus my efforts outside the team, pending something occuring which will focus my efforts inwards.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, anyone that wants to be friends with Spain should vote for Capps.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Want to make sure I remove my joke vote before I go to bed

##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rarity posted:

Want to make sure I remove my joke vote before I go to bed

##unvote

Overly conscious.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
It turns out that the Mediterranean empire is basically a sitcom.
  • Meinberg is the bumbling dad who gets mad easily.
  • Capps is the hip in-your-face rascal teen. He owns a skateboard.
  • Rarity is the long-suffering older sister who rolls her eyes a lot.
  • I'm the harrowed mom trying to keep everyone happy and stable and failing.
  • DGK2000 is the angry neighbor complaining about the kids today and who always ends up caught in the action.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Eight Dollars posted:

It turns out that the Mediterranean empire is basically a sitcom.
  • Meinberg is the bumbling dad who gets mad easily.
  • Capps is the hip in-your-face rascal teen. He owns a skateboard.
  • Rarity is the long-suffering older sister who rolls her eyes a lot.
  • I'm the harrowed mom trying to keep everyone happy and stable and failing.
  • DGK2000 is the angry neighbor complaining about the kids today and who always ends up caught in the action.

I would watch all 2 seasons of that on FOX

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandwolf posted:

Overly conscious.

In my first game I left a vote out overnight on D1 and woke up to find it was highjacked by scum to get a turbo going. Don't really want it to happen a second time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

In my first game I left a vote out overnight on D1 and woke up to find it was highjacked by scum to get a turbo going. Don't really want it to happen a second time.

I forgot to shake my first at Poque :argh:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rarity posted:

:getin:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I don't care about the squabble between capps and 50 that follows this exchange, don't make my point here about that please, thanks!

mr.capps posted:

Real talk: this is still a mafia game

50 pounds of bread posted:

This is not nearly as important as you are making it out to be.
I think this is scummy because my team cannot win without ALL DEAD SCUMS.

Perhaps 50 does not have the same stipulation? Finding scum is important to me~

##vote 50

bbl

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Confirmed! Now I will go back and read 6 pages of mafias

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

yuming posted:

I don't care about the squabble between capps and 50 that follows this exchange, don't make my point here about that please, thanks!

I think this is scummy because my team cannot win without ALL DEAD SCUMS.

Perhaps 50 does not have the same stipulation? Finding scum is important to me~

##vote 50

bbl

Our team cannot win if town has a perfect game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Amnistar posted:

##Vote Amnistar

Well, ok.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Amnistar posted:

Uhhhh...

ummm...

what.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

No, seriously, if you are going to drop that bomb you might as well explain yourself.

Are your goals compatible with the town in any way?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

Please explain this :stare:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

No, seriously, if you are going to drop that bomb you might as well explain yourself.

Are your goals compatible with the town in any way?

Yes, they just take more time than 5 days would allow.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Amnistar posted:

Why do you think a perfect town victory would occur in 3 days?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

VivaNova posted:

Why do you think a perfect town victory would occur in 3 days?

5 scum...Lynch a scum each day..?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

And why do you say there's 5 scum players? How do you know it's not more/less?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Not to mention assuming a perfect game takes 5 days to lynch all scum, we still have two more days before we reach world peace.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Amnistar posted:

Besides the fact that you shouldn't know how many scum there are, there is a 2 day world peace mechanic built in.

"World Peace: If all members of the scumteam are killed off, the game enters a state of World Peace. Once World Peace is achieved, the game will end after 2 further full turn cycles"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

And why do you say there's 5 scum players? How do you know it's not more/less?

Honestly I don't know where I got that from. Apparently it is not known, my bad. Ignore my comments.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Jesus Christ Amnistar. Just let fiddy answer his own questions. You suck at this.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Amnistar posted:

##Vote: Amnistar

How do you know there are 5 scum?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Pander posted:

Jesus Christ Amnistar. Just let fiddy answer his own questions. You suck at this.

Well, I agree with him so...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

Honestly I don't know where I got that from. Apparently it is not known, my bad. Ignore my comments.

This sure is a thing.

##vote Amnistar

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Poque posted:

no don't go to sleep, our doc is locked for editing

Damnit i thought i went through and changed them all. Oh well this is fixed now sorry Africa! I'll give you guys an extension if you need it. Sorry!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

##Vote: Amnistar

How do you know there are 5 scum?

You should read. It was knowledge I thought existed but doesnt. In fact of this game is anything like the last one there are more than 5

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Amnistar posted:

Welp.

##vote Amnistar

If you need a further explanation, this feels like bad covering of information that he knew because he is scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Welp.

##vote Amnistar

If you need a further explanation, this feels like bad covering of information that he knew because he is scum.

Nope but good try. So, since it seems people are gunning for my lynch and I made a mistake that will see me lynched I recommend looking closely at the most recent votes against me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Amnistar posted:

Nope but good try. So, since it seems people are gunning for my lynch and I made a mistake that will see me lynched I recommend looking closely at the most recent votes against me.

One hell of a mistake, I'd say. Like that time someone claimed to be batman aligned in a game where the villains were town.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Amnistar posted:

You should read. It was knowledge I thought existed but doesnt. In fact of this game is anything like the last one there are more than 5

I made the post before I saw your response, but your comments do not address why you thought their were 5 scum players in a satisfactory way.

Your other information about the win condition seems to contradict the basic rules of the game. It's anti-town.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

My win condition is one which is not related to scum, other than having as an addition to it that there can't be scum left.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Amnistar posted:

Any Imperials want to comment on this statement here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

One hell of a mistake, I'd say. Like that time someone claimed to be batman aligned in a game where the villains were town.

Assuming you know the size of the scum team is on part with not knowing your alignment..?

• Locked thread